169,382 posts in this topic

lovemehateme

The Beat Goes On is different from any other song on the album imo and doesn't have the typical 90s bubblegum instrumental and I love that.

It does get a little bit boring towards the end tho. 

ItsJustMe.

her vocals during the Sometimes part :jonny: so good

Afterglow
1 hour ago, slw84 said:

Baby one more time was one of the 30 game changers in pop...

Elvis

beatles

The Supremes

Hotel California

grease

bee gees

bad girls

rumours

queen

born in the USA 

thriller,

purple rain

private dancer

whitney Houston 

like a virgin,

faith

dirty dancing

no fences

bodyguard,

jagged little pill 

spicegirls

Titanic

Baby one more time

millenium 

Eminem

confessions

good girl gone bad

the fame monster

Hilary Duff "Metamorphosis" should be on this list and you know it. 

Ot: BOMT is an album I never got completely into until ITZ came out surprisingly, it's become my 3rd favorite of hers! Mainly because of Soda Pop and I Will Be There. 

Rev8
2 hours ago, Unusualyou said:

Every single songon BOMT is amazing except for Beat goes On 

1 hour ago, ItsJustMe. said:

I can appreciate her vocals on The Beat Goes On a little bit more now that I'm older

but damn I hated it so much as a kid, been skipping it my whole life :rip: 

1 hour ago, zony111 said:

Bomt album is great! The only song I dislike is the beat goes on.... On the other hand, I will be there and deep in my heart are my faves :smitten:

The hate here for this BOP :biblio:

1 hour ago, Nextobitorius said:

I will never get why y'all hate Beat Goes On. It's one of the best songs on tha album. :biblio:

Ikr :biblio: I converted so many people into Britney lovers with it

Eternium

The Beat Goes On is truly Britney’s only bad song on BOMT.

lovemehateme
4 minutes ago, Rev8 said:

2016 VMA>>>2015 and 2011VMA

Goddess

Kapcsolódó kép

Alexis Neiers

BOMT is a perfect album, every song is a 10/10

Lucyyyyyyyyy
34 minutes ago, Alexis Neiers said:

BOMT is a perfect album, every song is a 10/10

Yesss

slw84
2 hours ago, Arcadius said:

Honestly the album as a whole is not as bad as stans make it out. It sounds straight out of 90s pop.

Yes it’s a decent nostalgic album. 

The album is amazing better than OIDIA and Britney and of course BJ :sorry:

Better than oops... oops was a refined version so nah

This is probably the most underrrated song on the album

That’s the song with the druggie that broke down on X factor right

2 hours ago, Arcadius said:

Let’s not push it.

This. 

Baby was 90s bubblegum pop

oops was a defining sound of teenpop for the late 90s/early 00s sound

Britney her transition pop album before Miley ariana Demi selena and others could do it THIS was the blue print and her most significant contribution to the pop music landscape bar singles and blackout

in the zone -college album

blackout- good girl gone bad/wild child album

circus-comeback album but cracks began to appear

femme- a bop but COMPLETE sell out theme/music/concept/brand mismatched

britney jean - a parody of Britney spears

glory- a return to form MUSICALLY but image wise desperate to recapture youth and failed

b10- full circle living her best life fun music you want to bleep to, workout to and dance to.

2 hours ago, zony111 said:

Bomt album is great! The only song I dislike is the beat goes on.... On the other hand, I will be there and deep in my heart are my faves :smitten:

Beat goes on is a slay

deep in my heart is meh

1 hour ago, ItsJustMe. said:

I can appreciate her vocals on The Beat Goes On a little bit more now that I'm older

but damn I hated it so much as a kid, been skipping it my whole life :rip: 

Yes I feel the same way about born to make u happy. Hated it as a kid. Live it and it DESERVES to be a signature Britney song.

I hope they add it to the next show even if for an interlude.

Eternium

Billboard better give us an article with some updated numbers.

Don’t forget to get a cassette from Target today or a vinyl either from Target or Urban Outfitters. Britney DESERVES that 15x Platinum album :clap3: 

slw84
2 hours ago, lovemehateme said:

The Beat Goes On is different from any other song on the album imo and doesn't have the typical 90s bubblegum instrumental and I love that.

It does get a little bit boring towards the end tho. 

It’s a cover of a 60s hit so it borrows from 60s bubblegum and is added at the end of 90s bubblegum pop songs.

2 hours ago, ItsJustMe. said:

her vocals during the Sometimes part :jonny: so good

Vocals upon vocals

dance moves upon dance moves 

if only she could sing 45 seconds and the. Lip the 2nd song for all her award show performances

1 hour ago, Anticipating said:

This literally changed the game.

this created a template that was never done before and followed afterwards

1 hour ago, Afterglow said:

Hilary Duff "Metamorphosis" should be on this list and you know it. 

Ot: BOMT is an album I never got completely into until ITZ came out surprisingly, it's become my 3rd favorite of hers! Mainly because of Soda Pop and I Will Be There. 

No the BLEEP I don’t.

im the oldie of the group 

the only people we know that put a dent in pop for teens post Britney were Miley, Bieber and one direction and none of those dents were changing the musical landscape 

child, quiet as it’s kept I only know that song that was on the hills talking about “coming” clean.

14 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

Billboard Instagram account staning hard for the #20YearsOfBritney they already post 7 potos with Iconic moments! :clap3: 

https://www.instagram.com/billboard/?hl=es-la

Ooh yes @Anticipating I know you are ignoring me (I must be annoying you lately) please be a doll and make a consolidated list of these. Thanks

Jeremiah

The Beat Goes On hating must stop. It's an amazing song.

It was funny to me though when I found out that more than a Cher & Sonny cover, it's Britney's version of this:

lovemehateme

Omg the way Billboard is stanning on Instagram :clap3:

They need to post some Circusney and more recent pics as well though. Hopefully they choose the right ones. :dancehall:

slw84
32 minutes ago, Eternium said:

Billboard better give us an article with some updated numbers.

Don’t forget to get a cassette from Target today or a vinyl either from Target or Urban Outfitters. Britney DESERVES that 15x Platinum album :clap3: 

This people really don’t get how Britney was THE new female pop prototype because of this phenomenal debut.

looking past the music, the branding of using pop stars in ads, videos, visuals, drama, rise, downfall, comeback and sustainability of her legendary iconic career THIS is how Britney Spears reshaped the pop music business

—-Cher and Tina pioneered the pop/rock/blues female entertainment landscape 

——Janet jackson and Madonna redefined and laid the blueprint for female pop and r&b entertainment 

beyonce represented the 21st century Tina and Janet fusion

britney represented the 21st century Cher, Janet and Madonna 

BUT she was a teen whereas beyonce was an adult solo and Madonna and Janet were adult pop stars.

britney was a legit teen and had the ability to infuse  teen pop and adult pop influences in a modern late 90s brand.

adult pop:Cher distinctiveness and uniqueness

madonna controversy and envelope pushing

janet dancing and infectious likable personality 

teen pop: Debbie Gibson/Tiffany

teen pop stars never lasted past 2 albums

Tiffany and Debbie Gibson were out while Madonna and Janet were still early in their career and didn’t yet solidify themselves. Debbie and Tiffany started in 1986/7 and peaked in 1988/9

madonna didn’t solidify herself until the vogue/like a prayer stage in 89/90. Janet didn’t solidify herself until the rhythm nation/Janet. Eras 1990-1993

so Tiffany and Debbie were teen pop stars that were safe and not doing adult pop music. 

So post Madonna and Janet there needed to be a female pop star that could begin in teen pop and transition into adult pop.

Enters Britney Spears 

think of it like a business product. For BOMT sake, let’s use track 4 soda pop. 

Cher and Tina were the original soda pops 

janet and Madonna were Coca Cola bottle soda pop.

britney was the modern repackaged redefined pepsi/pepsi blue twist 

1996-8 after hip hop reigned in 93-95 and the deaths of Tupac and biggie there was a demand for safer manufactured sleeker pop music. Enters boy bands and girl bands (Bsb, *NSYNC, Hanson, spice girls)

then 2 years later there is a demand for a solo pop artist.

Enters Britney 

The new blueprint-

98-early 99: Pepsi blue twist product-stratospheric and monument success

(Britney’s bomt debut was a phenomenon and game changing)

The competition/emulation-

99-00: product- once Pepsi blue twist becomes a juggernaut then other soda pop products replicate and duplicate it. So let’s call xtina (dr pepper, Jessica sprite, Mandy Moore Fanta).

so after a few years of dominance people want something new.

(britney REMAINS in charge of the girls and defines  teen pop for the late 90s/early 00s with her first two albums)

The counter-

they enjoy soda pop but want something more organic and less manufactured (or so they think)

2001-organic flavored water:Alicia Keys and Vanessa Carlton...not anti Pepsi twist but a counter to Pepsi twist. Note: Alicia was supposed to come out in 1999 but because teen pop was so big they held off until 2001 when there was a demand for singer songwriter artistry.

(Britney has MASTERED teen pop and is the FIRST teen pop artist with the opportunity to surpass the Debbie/titans 2 albums and dimension realm) and her 3rd album is the coming of age/transition from girl to womanhood album)

The anti-

2001-2002 so people want less of Pepsi twist, want something additional to organic flavored water and want something with a punch but it’s not Pepsi twist but just as manufactured, sweet and gives you a jolt.

enters the anti pop “pop”: p!nk, Michelle branch, Avril lavigne

The assist-

2002-2003. Justin uses her to make his solo debut iconic which further solidified her influence and impact. Note: whatever Britney did her peees would do with less success (1999-2003) i.e. ads for Pepsi vs come, schechers 2002 vs 2003 etc.

As teen pop dies, she has to  ale a statement signifying her shift to adult pop. She professes she’s no longer a virgin (huge shock lol) kisses Madonna and embarks on her freshman college years fun, wide eyed adventurous with trials and tribulations In between era: in the zone.

Goes against the grain of pop stars doing urban singles to fit in and releases 2 dance singles wins a Grammy 

the industry awards her and she is undeniably iconic and mastered starting out as a legit teen pop artist and successfully transitioning into an adult pop artist.

she proved she had what it took to take over the reigns of Madonna like Beyoncé did with Janet.

but unfortunately she did not but beyonce didn’t take over the reigns from Janet.

still she remains a princess of pop while beyonce is the 21st century queen of r&b and luckily she has blackout and a comeback era of circus to make up for her failure to COMPLETE the blueprint that she updated and modernized from Cher, Madonna and Janet.

lovemehateme

On days like this I realise that I REALLY stan a legend :'(

zony111

"...Baby One More Time" cumple 20 años: la historia detrás del álbum de Britney Spears

Conoce la historia "...Baby One More Time" de Britney Spears,  el álbum que reinventó el pop a finales de los años noventa

https://elcomercio.pe/luces/musica/baby-one-more-time-cumple-20-anos-historia-detras-album-britney-spears-noticia-596802

my biggest local news reporting about it :duca: 

zony111

I love britney so much :jonny: there is no way I could unstan her :jamming:

zony111

There was another video for this performance but i cannot find it anymore, i guess it got eliminated nnn

anyways, it should have been a single 

BreatheMoi
2 hours ago, lovemehateme said:

Goddess

Kapcsolódó kép

>>>>>>>>>> 2008 VMA as well :smitten:

PiperHalliwell
2 minutes ago, zony111 said:

I love britney so much :jonny: there is no way I could unstan her :jamming:

true :clap3: