• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JoAddams

• Lovett

• Armani?

• trainsskyscrapers

On 4.4.2018 at 4:28 PM, Destiny said:

I think it could've done similar numbers to Views by Drake :dancehall:

What?! I strongly doubt that. Views had streaming monster hits. Beys average streaming would be strong of course, but she wouldnt have tracks nowhere near One Dance/Hotline Bling level.

1 hour ago, Stallo said:

What?! I strongly doubt that. Views had streaming monster hits. Beys average streaming would be strong of course, but she wouldnt have tracks nowhere near One Dance/Hotline Bling level.

I think Formation, Freedom, Sorry, Hold Up (Internationally), and 6 Inch might've been MASSIVE. 

4 hours ago, Stallo said:

I think Formation and Sorry would've been as big as Rihanna's "Work"  and "Needed Me" respectively on Spotify :cm:

12 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I think Formation and Sorry would've been as big as Rihanna's "Work"  and "Needed Me" respectively on Spotify :cm:

I agree with this statement. Lemonade would have similar streams to Rih’s ANTi

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

There is no way to know this of course, but to me thats an insane guess. For a song not available on Spotify you would think people (for example) streamed it on YT. Not to mention the music video is utter perfection and caused a lot of exposure. Yet, its views are very low. Partially the same goes with Sorry. Ofc YT is by no means a perfect predictor, as examplified by Needed Me, but it is an indicator. Plus, they were not hits of the same caliber overall, so why would the streaming numbers be any different. The must accurate comparison would probably be their streams on Tidal, but Im not sure if they release numbers? And Lemonade is not on AM right? But then again, that would reflect in favour of Lemonade as Anti is available everywhere.

Not only did Beyoncé's Coachella 2018 performance make history and shake pop culture, but Beyonce topped off an epic night with strong digital music sales. According to Nielsen, after the performance ended her catalog saw a 228% increase compared to a baseline established prior to the music festival. Not to mention, digital song sales for Destiny's Child hits soared some 767%. Of all that music, the song "Hold Up" was the top-selling track for Beyoncé' with a sales spike of 287%.

Edited by JoAddams

20 hours ago, Stallo said:

There is no way to know this of course, but to me thats an insane guess. For a song not available on Spotify you would think people (for example) streamed it on YT. Not to mention the music video is utter perfection and caused a lot of exposure. Yet, its views are very low. Partially the same goes with Sorry. Ofc YT is by no means a perfect predictor, as examplified by Needed Me, but it is an indicator. Plus, they were not hits of the same caliber overall, so why would the streaming numbers be any different. The must accurate comparison would probably be their streams on Tidal, but Im not sure if they release numbers? And Lemonade is not on AM right? But then again, that would reflect in favour of Lemonade as Anti is available everywhere.

they're two different platform with different market.

not to mention their views are driven by single's performance and radio performance.

and radio look at spotify numbers for hot engaging records.

all of lemoande singles's radio performance were hurt by lack of spotify release.

so it's broken from the beginning. but considering huge success in album, song sales and early tidal streams.

it could do huge number. also her having #1 catalog stream is great indicator for her streaming power.

20 hours ago, Stallo said:

Ehh Formation video was released in February and was only uploaded to YouTube in December, 10 months later when everybody already knew what it was and the hype for the song had died. It's very impressive that it even managed to cross 100 million views in the time span it did.

The same goes for Sorry, it was uploaded  months later while tumbling down the charts because of lack of streaming. Sorry spent several weeks in the top 20 of digital songs and managed to cross a million copies in U.S... on par with Needed Me, it is very comparable to NM and would've hit an even higher chart peak , considering it was top 5 on sales during release week.

I don't know why you guys underestimate the massive potential for these songs, same goes for Hold Up and maybe 6 Inch, which went #13 and #18 based on 3 days of sales and limited streaming on Tidal.

Beyoncé is just as big on streaming as Rihanna, and she was even stronger in U.S  Spotify prior to ANTI/ Lemonade. How do you explain being top 3 female in 2017 on Apple Music without your most recent, impactful album?

I think you guys need to stop underestimating Beyoncé all the damn time! How do you explain holding the streaming record for females in a week (before Cardi B) without the two biggest streaming services backing you? :cm:

Lemonade now 2x platinum in Canada (160k)!

16 minutes ago, JoAddams said:

Lemonade now 2x platinum in Canada (160k)!

:clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3:

Edited by trainsskyscrapers

1 minute ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

:clap3:

I assume the first was Sasha Fierce? :dancehall:

aaronsmithjune1
1 hour ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

Wow. Imagine if the album and hold up was pushed. 

12 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Beychella impact :cm:

On 17/04/2018 at 8:37 PM, Stallo said:

Needed Me is age restricted though, it would’ve had like 500M views otherwise

It has approx the same amount of views as KIB on YT even though Needed Me has 5x more streams than KIB on Spotify so that’s how you know the age restriction sabotaged its views just like S&M

On 18/04/2018 at 2:01 PM, JoAddams said:

Not only did Beyoncé's Coachella 2018 performance make history and shake pop culture, but Beyonce topped off an epic night with strong digital music sales. According to Nielsen, after the performance ended her catalog saw a 228% increase compared to a baseline established prior to the music festival. Not to mention, digital song sales for Destiny's Child hits soared some 767%. Of all that music, the song "Hold Up" was the top-selling track for Beyoncé' with a sales spike of 287%.

No shade to "Hold Up" as it's a cute, reggae-inspired bop but out of ALL Bey/DC catalogue "Hold Up"? Not even Halo, Survivor, Single Ladies. Way more iconic songs... :biblio:

On 4/20/2018 at 8:37 AM, JonathanLGardner said:

No shade to "Hold Up" as it's a cute, reggae-inspired bop but out of ALL Bey/DC catalogue "Hold Up"? Not even Halo, Survivor, Single Ladies. Way more iconic songs... :biblio:

She didn’t perform Halo, and Hold Up is better than the other two you listed :alexz: 

24 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

She didn’t perform Halo, and Hold Up is better than the other two you listed :alexz: 

Yeah but the video 

[insert Kanye GIF]

On 4/17/2018 at 10:00 AM, igetfilthy said:

I agree with this statement. Lemonade would have similar streams to Rih’s ANTi

It wouldn't be suprising to me. Every Beyoncé album except Lemonade is either the #1 or #2 most streamed female album of the year. 

2003: #1

2006: #2 Behind Back to Black

2008: #2 Behind The Fame + The Fame Monster

2011: #2 Behind 21

2013: #1 

The problem with Lemonade is that it only has 11 songs. Very disadvatageous for streaming.

Edited by Timber

1 hour ago, Timber said:

It wouldn't be suprising to me. Every Beyoncé album except Lemonade is either the #1 or #2 most streamed female album of the year. 

2003: #1

2006: #2 Behind Back to Black

2008: #2 Behind The Fame + The Fame Monster 

2011: #2 Behind 21

2013: #1 

The problem with Lemonade is that it only has 11 songs. Very disadvatageous for streaming.

:rip: I don't remember this album coming out in 2008........ 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.