14 posts in this topic

Do you feel that the modern day sex-ed needs to be changed? For me, I've been especially thinking about it, since I'm doing work with queer youth. I feel like we often get swept under the rug when it comes to sexual education, and that leads to some more long term effects (not knowing how to properly have gay sex, not knowing the risks involved in gay sex outside of AIDS/HIV, understanding the difference between gender and sexuality, and learning to differentiate what is sexuality and what isn't). What do you think a reformed sex-ed should look like?

Yes absolutely. So many sex-ed programs only promote abstinence and don't even address other sexual orientations and proper safe sex

yes yes yes...I started anaI Iast year at 16 and didnt know about douching ur ass tiII recentIy:sistrens: 

stiII dont know how to do it:sistrens:

society ****ed up :sistrens:

5 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

yes yes yes...I started anaI Iast year at 16 and didnt know about douching ur ass tiII recentIy:sistrens: 

Same sis

1 minute ago, DevinWylde said:

Same sis

aw im not the onIy one:emofish: 

12 minutes ago, Bicassie said:

idk why this made me scream :skull: 

yes. we need to model after ontario

31 minutes ago, Marco_g2 said:

:ace: 

?

45 minutes ago, Queen Of Slay said:

Yes absolutely. So many sex-ed programs only promote abstinence and don't even address other sexual orientations and proper safe sex

I agree

yes. a lot of them don't care about gay sex. thankfully my school is super progressive and we had a whole unit on anal/rimming/etc.

Kids have access to the Internet, so they can find out through there.

i only had sex ed once in the 7th grade, the subject was consent, but I only know that looking back cause it was all so coded and sugar coated no one understood anything :rip:

15 minutes ago, americanlife said:

Kids have access to the Internet, so they can find out through there.

TBH :ahh: I remember when 2 Girls 1 cup and 1 man and 1 jar literally spreaded around middleschool