It is more difficult for Gaga to have hits

70 posts in this topic

Here is the real reasons why it is more difficult for Gaga to have hits compared to some of her contemporaries.

First of all she has never been a true trend chaser. Right from the start and up until Joanne, she has always been making pop music that sounds different and or that has unique themes and lyrics. Many here claim that The Cure proves she is chasing hits, but even if she was, that is literary one song and not a constant chase of trends every era. There is a reason why many here were surprised by how safe The Cure was. Next, throughout her career she has directly tackled controversial issues that include religion, sexuality, and feminism. This was bound to turn off many people. She also doesn't have the sex appeal that other pop stars do. In fact sometimes she deliberately makes herself look weirder or grotesque on purpose. Finally, she always releases whatever she wants even if it might fail. This is not the same as not caring for success. She wants to be successful, but she wants the success doing what she likes.

Yes, because no one cares tbh. 

But Madonna did all that and more yet still managed to score hits for 26 years straight?

Gaga could release an Urban song tomorrow and it would go #1 for 10 weeks so no.

Gaga stopped getting hits because she got confused after BTW flopped. She doesn’t know what to do.

I didn’t know having a song discounted for 6 months and performing it +20 times on TV is not caring for the charts.

alJihXy.gif

3 minutes ago, illuminated said:

Yes, because no one cares tbh. 

If no one cared you wouldn't be the first post in this thread.

Million Reasons is your typical generic piano ballad and most of her singles were radio friendly but maybe I’m not hearing what her stans are hearing 

3 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

But Madonna did all that and more yet still managed to score hits for 26 years straight?

Gaga doesn't even have 10 years of a career yet. How can you predict she will not have any more hits? Plus what I said pertains specifically to Gaga and the current music scene. 

I think it’s the material. She needs to do better to get a big hit. Though it doesn’t really matter if she is happy with it, she served one of my fave albums of all time already so I’m satisfied.

4 minutes ago, One Nation said:

Gaga could release an Urban song tomorrow and it would go #1 for 10 weeks so no.

Well she released a trendy “tropical” pop song with no promotion and it went platinum and top 40 on billboard so who knows

5 minutes ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

Gaga stopped getting hits because she got confused after BTW flopped. She doesn’t know what to do.

How do you know she is "confused"?

She just needs to release more music tbh

The woman has been chasing trends and copying other people her entire career. The desperation with which her fans want to convince people to accept their constructed narrative is honestly disturbing.

1 minute ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Million Reasons is your typical generic piano ballad and most of her singles were radio friendly but maybe I’m not hearing what her stans are hearing 

Idk, Perfect Illusion and MR were definitely not radio-friendly.

Yeah no it's cus no one cares, everyone thinks she's weird and ugly and only makes music for femme gays

5 minutes ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

BTW flopped? ? 

5 minutes ago, igetfilthy said:

I didn’t know having a song discounted for 6 months and performing it +20 times on TV is not caring for the charts.

alJihXy.gif

So you did not read my post?

1 minute ago, TheFireLexus said:

The woman has been chasing trends and copying other people her entire career. The desperation with which her fans want to convince people to accept their constructed narrative is honestly disturbing.

:rip:

She literally doesn't care that's why she hasn't had a US hit since MR, and WW hit since Applause

Wow. Looks like you have solved the enigma.

Alien_Emojiggd.thumb.jpg.16d6a1a92febc38

3 minutes ago, perfectillusion said:

Well she released a trendy “tropical” pop song with no promotion and it went platinum and top 40 on billboard so who knows

My post was giving props to Gaga ha power.

If she really wanted a hit she could get it easily!

2 minutes ago, White_King said:

Yeah no it's cus no one cares, everyone thinks she's weird and ugly and only makes music for femme gays

All the things you said are part of my post.

She doesn't care about hits. She is beyond that. She cares about quality.