US Airplay Discussion

Kworb

1 hour ago, Mediabase said:

Oh my god... You remember the crazy increases for Taylor on the big daddy stations like Z100 and KIIS last week when out of nowhere it jumped from barely being played to super heavy rotation at no1?

Let's see what happened after Sunday. These are the last 2 days on KIIS, Monday and Tuesday. It went from no1 to being completely removed! Down to ZERO spins. This is the craziest thing I have ever seen. Both KIIS and Z100 sent it from the 20s and 30s to no1 for just 7 days and then dropped it on Sunday night! Z100 is still playing it a little bit but KIIS completely dropped it. Not even 1 spin since Sunday night. It's like they could not wait to get rid of it completely after being forced to shove it down people's throat for 7 days! What in the actual f*ck?

22538857_10155189372568282_2949823087109

We love an organic hit! :fan:

• Replies 37.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• Raphy23

• FAN

• Starkboy

Top Posters In This Topic

If you thought the previous receipt was shocking, look at this one.

Guys it is not just KIIS, it's pretty much most big daddy stations. 

This is TODAY up until 6:15pm EST compared to last Wednesday at the same time. I AM SCREAMING!

The list is huge so I can't post everything, but here are some of the biggest drops compared to the same day last week. Big daddies like KIIS, KYLD, KEGY, KPWK let the song go on Sunday night from super heavy rotation to ZERO. I have NEVER seen a song go from low/medium rotation to power for 7 days and then to zero overnight.

And it's not even 7pm on the East Coast, 4pm West Coast. Closer to midnight the fall will look even more dramatic because all the spins from the PM hours of last Wednesday will be reflected and compared to today's ZERO.

22528705_10155189489113282_2820578345618

QueenofCopyPaste
Just now, Mediabase said:

This is TODAY up until 6:15pm EST compared to last Wednesday at the same time. I AM SCREAMING!

The list is huge so I can't post everything, but here are some of the biggest drops compared to the same day last week. Big daddies like KIIS, KYLD, KEGY, KPWK let the song go on Sunday night from super heavy rotation to ZERO. I have NEVER seen a song go from low/medium rotation to power for 7 days and then to zero overnight.

And it's not even 7pm on the East Coast, 4pm West Coast. Closer to midnight the fall will look even more dramatic because all the spins from the PM hours of last Wednesday will be reflected and compared to today's ZERO.

HOLY.......  :jonny:

16 minutes ago, Mediabase said:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Mediabase said:

Oh my god... You remember the crazy increases for Taylor on the big daddy stations like Z100 and KIIS last week when out of nowhere it jumped from barely being played to super heavy rotation at no1?

Let's see what happened after Sunday. These are the last 2 days on KIIS, Monday and Tuesday. It went from no1 to being completely removed! Down to ZERO spins. This is the craziest thing I have ever seen. Both KIIS and Z100 sent it from the 20s and 30s to no1 for just 7 days and then dropped it on Sunday night! Z100 is still playing it a little bit but KIIS completely dropped it. Not even 1 spin since Sunday night. It's like they could not wait to get rid of it completely after being forced to shove it down people's throat for 7 days! What in the actual f*ck?

22538857_10155189372568282_2949823087109

pretty sure that's the first time something like this happens

this is undeniably payola

• ATRL Moderator
25 minutes ago, Mediabase said:

could u check if it is a tracking glitch? try a few other songs. just in case. trying to give benefit of the doubt

Edited by Yndda

4 hours ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

But it’s a known fact the song is polarizing / got mixed reaction so this shouldn’t be a surprise. That convo should be well over.

Ummm? Hundreds of songs are polarising :deadbanana3: That doesn't make this dodgy radio performance any less unprecedented and transparent.

3 minutes ago, Yndda said:

could u check if it is a tracking glitch? try a few other songs. just in case

It's not a glitch.

You can see KIIS' song plays for today and yesterday here:

http://www.mediabase.com/whatsong/whatsong.asp?var_s=075073073083045070077&MONDTE=10%2F17%2F2017

They haven't played LWYMMD once either day.

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Communion said:

It's not a glitch.

You can see KIIS' song plays for today and yesterday here:

http://www.mediabase.com/whatsong/whatsong.asp?var_s=075073073083045070077&MONDTE=10%2F17%2F2017

They haven't played LWYMMD once either day.

oh :emofish: was tryna give benefit of the doubt hehe

8 minutes ago, Fruity said:

Ummm? Hundreds of songs are polarising :deadbanana3: That doesn't make this dodgy radio performance any less unprecedented and transparent.

That does make the whole ordeal more strange, but I'm not sure what other conclusions to draw. Since we don't really have a better metric to go by, the call-out scores are hardly unprecedented, and they don't warrant such aberrant behavior. Countless songs (especially on the backside of their chart run) have had far worse call-out scores, but haven't been so volatile.

The reception doesn't seem to warrant the drops.

Edited by RobynYoBank

32 minutes ago, geo said:

The song is organically making way for the next single

But I was told that Swift didn't need to make room for her singles, that Radio would play anything she serves them... I mean, that was the explanation you guys used as to why was "...Ready For It?" receiving so much Airplay. Now you change the story? Oh wow.

I also don't remember "Shake It Off" making room for "Blank Space" like that.

giphy.gif

51 minutes ago, Mediabase said:

Payola never wins!

4 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

But I was told that Swift didn't need to make room for her singles, that Radio would play anything she serves them... I mean, that was the explanation you guys used as to why was "...Ready For It?" receiving so much Airplay. Now you change the story? Oh wow.

I also don't remember "Shake It Off" making room for "Blank Space" like that.

giphy.gif

It's almost unheard of for an artist to have two concurrent singles in the top 20 of pop radio :cm:

Even Ed couldn't manage it with his dual release, COTH went nowhere on radio until after SOY was done

2 minutes ago, geo said:

It's almost unheard of for an artist to have two concurrent singles in the top 20 of pop radio :cm:

Even Ed couldn't manage it with his dual release, COTH went nowhere on radio until after SOY was done

I didn't know Ed was as big as Taylor in the US. What an odd comparison. Anyways, wouldn't it have been more logical to pull RFI in that case? Something doesn't add up with what you were trying to tell us some weeks ago.

giphy.gif

Just now, DELE2125 said:

I didn't know Ed was as big as Taylor in the US. What an odd comparison. Anyways, wouldn't it have been more logical to pull RFI in that case? Something doesn't add up with what you were trying to tell us some weeks ago.

giphy.gif

Obviously Ed isn't as big as Taylor, but he's definitely one of the biggest acts around and radio loves him so it says a lot that he couldn't pull it off.

There was no need to pull RFI. LWYMMD got to #1 on pop radio regardless of it and she has now two songs in rotation which is great promo for the album.

12 minutes ago, geo said:

This is literally not in the slightest bit true :rip: 

In this week alone (the first one I checked)

http://www.billboard.com/charts/pop-songs/2010-12-25

Rihanna, Katy and Bruno ALL have 2 songs in the top 20 :rip: In fact Rih and Bruno both have 2 in the top 10.

Edited by Fruity

9 minutes ago, geo said:

9e405926-a371-4e24-a321-3ce4b05ea863.png

3832ded4-7276-4155-801f-dfc46f1d914d.png

This says otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Fruity said:

This is literally not in the slightest bit true :rip: 

In this week alone (the first one I checked)

http://www.billboard.com/charts/pop-songs/2010-12-25

Rihanna, Katy and Bruno ALL have 2 songs in the top 20 :rip: 

1 minute ago, Agenor said:

9e405926-a371-4e24-a321-3ce4b05ea863.png

3832ded4-7276-4155-801f-dfc46f1d914d.png

This says otherwise.

Obviously it happens a lot when radio stations are replacing an old single with the next one. But it's very rare with dual singles is what I meant :rip: Especially when one is #1

Edited by geo

3 minutes ago, geo said:

Obviously it happens a lot when radio stations are replacing an old single with the next one. But it's very rare with dual singles is what I meant :rip:

Your point is still invalid. :rip: You could claim RFI is replacing LWYMMD right now since the former is gaining but the latter is falling.

Only Girl was #1 on pop radio for 3 consecutive weeks while What's My Name was rising in the top 20.

There was no collapse and loss of 5M AI in a single day :lmao: 

Check this week and move along to the right: http://www.billboard.com/charts/pop-songs/2010-12-04

I posted this in SYG, but it's likely really not payola. :rip: The drop is obviously unheard of, but it's obvious she was pushed to #1 because she announced she was performing at iHeartRadio's Jingle Ball, not because she used payola.

Screen_Shot_2017-10-18_at_7.42.55_PM.png

October 9th, her second wind begins:

Screen_Shot_2017-10-18_at_7.43.06_PM.png

October 10th, it's announced she's headlining iHeartRadio's tour:

Screen_Shot_2017-10-18_at_7.43.37_PM.png

It's industry politics. Radio pushed her to #1 as a favor since she's the biggest artist in the world currently releasing music, and it's a big deal she performs for them and boosts the success of their Jingle Ball Tour. 

What would she even get out of payola'ing her song to #1 for a few days on Pop Radio? The song already reached #1 on Hot 100, and the 3 biggest singles artist of this decade: Bruno, Katy, and Rihanna also failed to reach #1 on Pop Radio with their last lead singles. It's not a big deal to miss #1 on Pop Radio granted the song is still a big hit overall which it was. Nobody cares about the Pop radio chart.

Mine also missed #1 on Pop Radio, Speak Now did 1 million. WANEGBT also missed #1 on Pop Radio, Red opened with 1 million. Her fanbase is also still going to rush to buy her album whether her song is spammed or not, so it would literally be a waste of money for them to worry about payola. 

And plus, it was said a year or two back that many artists don't even like performing at iHeartRadio festivals, but do so because they don't want radio to develop politics and refuse to play their upcoming singles for denying performances. iHeartRadio is obviously known to have their politics and bias with those who support them and those who don't.

Taylor getting radio bias to push her to #1 is more of a compliment of her starpower, then a drag really. 

2 minutes ago, iHype. said:

What would she even get out of payola'ing her song to #1 for a few days on Pop Radio?

Are you trolling? The right to say she went #1 obviously :rip: 

5 minutes ago, Fruity said:

Are you trolling? The right to say she went #1 obviously :rip: 

Who cares about the Pop Radio chart? It's not a relevant chart. :rip: She already went #1 on Hot 100, which is the bragging right. Who would payola radios AFTER already going #1 on Hot 100? Like that's not even sensical. 

We Are Never Ever peaked at #2. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.