• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• Raphy23

• FAN

• Starkboy

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it hard for people to understand why LWYMMD is rising on Pop? It's been in the top 5 for weeks, the songs above it are starting to fall, the song has been put on power rotation for the first time, Taylor was announced as a headline performer at various radio festivals later this year, and she's Taylor Swift.

The way she can make some people so angry over every little thing

Df4zdY0.gif

Edited by Headlock

28 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Except literally no one cares about callout scores outside of radio programmers, who would be able to find out LWYMMD's callout scores anyways, and chart watchers lmao, there literally is no point to keep LWYMMD of off callouts. Taylor gains absolutely nothing from doing that. Your explanation is a conspiracy theory, sorry you don't like that label.

I get that you loathe Taylor and want to turn everything that happens in her career into a negative, but you really need to get some perspective on this

Df4zdY0.gif

Well, we are in the AIRPLAY DISCUSSION THREAD, so we care about call-outs... And yes, call-outs have been used by Radio Formats and remain relevant until this date. @alexanderao has already discussed this many times. Just because maybe you conveniently don't care, doesn't mean no one else does either or that it is not pertinent in this discussion. And if that was a conspiracy theory, then yours about people not knowing that is Taylor's lead single because she "drastically changed her sound" is also a conspiracy theory, since you can't prove that either. But anything to fit your narrative, I guess.

Df4zdY0.gif

Radio is one of the metrics used by BB to compile their charts, so, it wouldn't be the first time an artist tries to take advantage, or benefit from some chart component to stay high on the Hot100 charts (or any other chart for that matter).

1-800 needs to climb faster... It's taking its and everybody else's sweet time :celestial6:

Edited by DELE2125

2 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

1-800 needs to climb faster... It's taking its and everybody else's sweet time :celestial6:

It’s the Alessia radio curse :dies: Her songs take ages to climb on radio

This is the US Airplay Discussion, not the Taylor Swift base, so everyone here CAN and SHOULD discuss U.S. Airplay updates and rarities without being attacked or "exposed" as a stan of any artist, like @DELE2125. If I, or any member find LWYMMD run on pop airplay suspicious, we have the right to comment on it and give our impressions, without the swifties rushing here to attack and label a "hater" anybody who disagrees with their narrative.

OT: As of today, LWYMMD still seems to be increasing due to some...incentives from Big Machine. I don't blame the label. She HAS to be #1 on radio with a lead single, or else the narrative and image they need for this era could be damaged, 

Still waiting those Callout Scores to judge more accurately the LWYMMD case.

Edited by Blue Honeymoon

17 minutes ago, Mr. Adele said:

It’s the Alessia radio curse :dies: Her songs take ages to climb on radio

i believe you, i notice that the song was released in end april/march but started to take off after VMA 

Edited by Konan

QueenofCopyPaste
18 minutes ago, Blue Honeymoon said:

This is the US Airplay Discussion, not the Taylor Swift base, so everyone here CAN and SHOULD discuss U.S. Airplay updates and rarities without being attacked or "exposed" as a stan of any artist, like @DELE2125. If I, or any member find LWYMMD run on pop airplay suspicious, we have the right to comment on it and give our impressions, without the swifties rushing here to attack and label a "hater" anybody who disagrees with their narrative.

OT: As of today, LWYMMD still seems to be increasing due to some...incentives from Big Machine. I don't blame the label. She HAS to be #1 on radio with a lead single, or else the narrative and image they need for this era could be damaged, 

Still waiting those Callout Scores to judge more accurately the LWYMMD case.

:clap3:

47 minutes ago, DELE2125 said:

Well, we are in the AIRPLAY DISCUSSION THREAD, so we care about call-outs... And yes, call-outs have been used by Radio Formats and remain relevant until this date. @alexanderao has already discussed this many times. Just because maybe you conveniently don't care, doesn't mean no one else does either or that it is not pertinent in this discussion. And if that was a conspiracy theory, then yours about people not knowing that is Taylor's lead single because she "drastically changed her sound" is also a conspiracy theory, since you can't prove that either. But anything to fit your narrative, I guess.

Df4zdY0.gif

Radio is one of the metrics used by BB to compile their charts, so, it wouldn't be the first time an artist tries to take advantage, or benefit from some chart component to stay high on the Hot100 charts (or any other chart for that matter).

You STILL don't understand what I'm saying. Why would Taylor Swift, one of the biggest stars in the world, manipulate a random set of data that a negligible amount of people care about? Most people, including some people who post in this thread, don't even know what callout scores are or that they even exist in the first place. There is literally no reason for Taylor/her team to do what you are suggesting they are doing. You're acting like Taylor/her team care about what this Airplay thread thinks about LWYMMD's Pop callout scores :toofunny2:

And as I already said, my explanation was offered as a possible theory, as everyone, including me, is confused why LWYMMD isn't on the Pop callout charts yet. I said it was a possibility in my comment. There was a question mark at the end of my sentence. But go ahead and try and twist my words to fit your narrative, I guess.

Df4zdY0.gif

Edited by Headlock

POP:
14 13 P!NK What About Us 7695 7062 633 41.979

+69 Spins
-73 Bullet
+0.576 Audience

HOT AC:
5 4 P!NK What About Us 5717 5413 304 39.486

+33 Spins
-39 Bullet
+0.201 Audience

AC:
8 6 P!NK What About Us 1503 1304 199 13.322

+34 Spins
+24 Bullet
+0.405 Audience

4 minutes ago, Mediabase said:

POP:
14 13 P!NK What About Us 7695 7062 633 41.979

+69 Spins
-73 Bullet
+0.576 Audience

HOT AC:
5 4 P!NK What About Us 5717 5413 304 39.486

+33 Spins
-39 Bullet
+0.201 Audience

AC:
8 6 P!NK What About Us 1503 1304 199 13.322

+34 Spins
+24 Bullet
+0.405 Audience

Now, this is how an organic radio hit looks like! Keep increasing, queen!

29 minutes ago, Agenor said:

88f31368-2e11-41ba-badc-c5d856b4f91e.png

:clap3:

Talent winning together :date2:

What About Us :clap3:

LWYMMD maybe getting a 2nd wind on Hot AC!? :eek: 

Z100 in New York. From just 28 spins to 128. That's +90 spins! The organicness is killing me!

22405967_10155172767093282_5178934143168

Edited by Mediabase

There is nothing suspicious on Taylor's run on Mediabase though. 

Pop stations have been doing this for a while now, once they drop the #1 song, they start spamming the one increasing that's closer to the top.

It's been happening for a while already. :skull: 

I wish Mi Gente would go up on pop radio already :rip:

Last week was just big Al increases, with bad spin increases. This week is just moderate increase of spins with low Al increase :rip:

18 minutes ago, abrahamjmr said:

Pop stations have been doing this for a while now, once they drop the #1 song, they start spamming the one increasing that's closer to the top.

This. :skull:

Taylor wasn't on power rotation yet, now she is, what is so surprising about it?

OF COURSE the lead single from the new Taylor Swift album would have been put on power rotation at some time. 

The strangest thing is that she hasn't been put on before. 

Edited by WonderstruckFR

48 minutes ago, Mediabase said:

Z100 in New York. From just 28 spins to 128. That's +90 spins! The organicness is killing me!

22405967_10155172767093282_5178934143168

Z100 does this all the time. Most American pop stations do cause of how their rotation tiers are set up. Why is everyone so shocked by things that are so common :skull: 

QueenofCopyPaste
1 hour ago, abrahamjmr said:

Taylor isnt increasing though. She's dropping spins and audiences

And this didnt happen with Selena Gomez and Kygo behind Alessia and Zedd despite fantastic callout scores. 

15 minutes ago, Kworb said:

Z100 does this all the time. Most American pop stations do cause of how their rotation tiers are set up. Why is everyone so shocked by things that are so common :skull: 

Believe me, no one is shocked.

Just fake outcry because you know, the usual boring pop girl rivalries, fanbase vendetta and stuff ...

tumblr_inline_myu1yjz9Ey1s5fr6a.gif 

3 hours ago, Kworb said:

They’re just pretending because it’s Taylor. Ban them! :fan: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.