US Airplay Discussion

Kworb

5 minutes ago, Green said:

Is this update good/normal for Look?

Not sure but I think it's still a good update. 

• Replies 37.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• Raphy23

• FAN

• Starkboy

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Green said:

Good except for AC, but it was expected that that format wont support this song

It should go back to positive starting tomorrow

But with ready for it release im not sure..

20 hours ago, Hurem said:

@One Nation told me it'd go #1 and radio was its strongest factor. :thing: 

This :celestial5:

OT: That Taylor song looks like might come and go pretty fast with those big updates already. We'll see if it has longevity. 

54 minutes ago, Green said:

It's okay

Anyone has updates on "If I'm Lucky" by Jason Derulo?

3 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

POP:
22 9 TAYLOR SWIFT Look What You Made Me Do 9204 4175 5029 57.931

+150 Spins
-1167 Bullet
-0.051 Audience

HOT AC:
19 11 TAYLOR SWIFT Look What You Made Me Do 3284 1509 1775 20.780

+60 Spins
-403 Bullet
+0.036 Audience

AC:
24 22 TAYLOR SWIFT Look What You Made Me Do 202 142 60 1.628

-17 Spins
-62 Bullet
-0.615 Audience

RHYTHMIC:
58 32 TAYLOR SWIFT Look What You Made Me Do 902 297 605 2.498

+22 Spins
-82 Bullet
+0.062 Audience

Since it apparently wasn't promoted at Rhythmic, I'm surprised she rolled there. Look took several days to reach the chart there.

Wow. Lady Antebellum's You Look Good is down more than 5 M in audience today after at least two previous days of -4 M updates (All Stations Country) It also has a weekly bullet of about -5,200 spins. I admit it wasn't at all Country, but LA has a solid history at the format.

With ESPN now featuring the song on College Gameday games, hopefully it'll crossover soon. It's perfect for AC & HAC, AND we have enough lead time here so it doesn't get lost in the Christmas freeze at AC & HAC like Bartender. Hopefully it can build sales and streaming with ESPN's promotion. That's helped songs before.

Also, Body Like A Back Road is positive for the week in both spins and audience on Country, even though it's peaked at mainstream radio. It's had two straight gains of almost 500k in audience. Wow.

6 hours ago, brianc33616 said:

Also, Body Like A Back Road is positive for the week in both spins and audience on Country, even though it's peaked at mainstream radio. It's had two straight gains of almost 500k in audience. Wow.

Didn't Country promote BLARB before it crossed to Pop/HAC? Are they playing it more again?

On 9/2/2017 at 10:33 AM, Green said:

1=SHAWN MENDES There's Nothing Holdin' Me... 175.486 +1.008

2=CHARLIE PUTH Attention 174.429 +0.123

It needs to stay at #1 for 2 more days to reach the #1 on Billboard Radio Songs.

That update today though...

6 minutes ago, bjnono001 said:

That update today though...

Shawn -0.4 and Charlie -0.6 :celestial5:

27 minutes ago, DangerousSwiftie said:

I wonder when The Chainsmokers will come back with new music, considering they let their current single flop completely.

Radio is dropping it quickly because they never put it on playlists so it completely flopped on all streaming fronts (it climbed to the top 60 on iTunes though :katie:).

Even though I don't like the Chainsmokers, I will admit that they could've have had a huge era this year with better handling. I hate it when artists give up on their eras after the first two singles.

1 hour ago, Chainsmoker said:

Even though I don't like the Chainsmokers, I will admit that they could've have had a huge era this year with better handling. I hate it when artists give up on their eras after the first two singles.

I think they rushed their album, there was not much quality songs in it. 

After the album was slaughtered by critic reviews, it dampened their spirit and just left what's already out there run on fumes. 

I also think Andrew might be plotting a solo career. 

Edited by harwee

8 hours ago, bjnono001 said:

Didn't Country promote BLARB before it crossed to Pop/HAC? Are they playing it more again?

Yeah. I had assumed with mainstream radio moving on from the song, Country would stop playing the song too. But, It's up close to 200 spins for the week, and it has gained back close to 1 M in audience the last two days. It looks like it will spend a 25th week in the Top Ten impressions on Nielsen/BDS. even though BB made it RC because it dropped to 11 in detections (despite still being 6 in audience). That's why I go back and rank the songs by audience and rank the songs together whether they be recurrent or current.

POP:
18 9 TAYLOR SWIFT Look What You Made Me Do 9380 5400 3980 57.721

+176 Spins
-1049 Bullet
-0.210 Audience

HOT AC:
16 11 TAYLOR SWIFT Look What You Made Me Do 3359 1942 1417 21.244

+75 Spins
-358 Bullet
+0.464 Audience

AC:
23 22 TAYLOR SWIFT Look What You Made Me Do 191 178 13 1.191

-11 Spins
-47 Bullet
-0.437 Audience

I'm not surprised by What Lovers Do smashing. It's THAT good. Their best song since Moves Like Jagger ... or maybe Payphone :clap3:

34 minutes ago, berberocka said:

POP:
18 9 TAYLOR SWIFT Look What You Made Me Do 9380 5400 3980 57.721

+176 Spins
-1049 Bullet
-0.210 Audience

HOT AC:
16 11 TAYLOR SWIFT Look What You Made Me Do 3359 1942 1417 21.244

+75 Spins
-358 Bullet
+0.464 Audience

AC:
23 22 TAYLOR SWIFT Look What You Made Me Do 191 178 13 1.191

-11 Spins
-47 Bullet
-0.437 Audience

is it good? 

1 minute ago, Kyungsoowift said:

is it good? 

It will climb again tomorrow, the updates are meh because her first 3 days were amazing and she stabilized from Day 4.

AC won't support the song much (tomorrow's update might still be negative) but the updates on pop (spins) and HAC are really great.

Rhythmic anyone?

35 minutes ago, WonderstruckFR said:

It will climb again tomorrow, the updates are meh because her first 3 days were amazing and she stabilized from Day 4.

AC won't support the song much (tomorrow's update might still be negative) but the updates on pop (spins) and HAC are really great.

Rhythmic anyone?

RHYTHMIC

52 32 TAYLOR SWIFT Look What You Made Me Do 925 410 515 2.54

+23 spins

-90 bullet

+0.042 audience

16 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Shawn -0.4 and Charlie -0.6 :celestial5:

So did Shawn make the #1? Can't tell because of the format add Shawn got on Kworb

butterflysupreme
3 hours ago, Solarie said:

I'm not surprised by What Lovers Do smashing. It's THAT good. Their best song since Moves Like Jagger ... or maybe Payphone :clap3:

Maps begs to differ. But i'm really surprised with all the praise it's getting. Out of the three ones they released this past year, this one was easily the weakest for me.

14 hours ago, harwee said:

I think they rushed their album, there was not much quality songs in it. 

After the album was slaughtered by critic reviews, it dampened their spirit and just left what's already out there run on fumes. 

I also think Andrew might be plotting a solo career. 

I don't think they rushed their album at all

After Closer...they had released All We Know, Setting Fire, and then Paris (which actually ended up on the album)

I don't feel like the album was rush released at all for I thought Closer was like the lead single from the album but it wasn't 

Honest, The One and Young could've been big hits..but I still consider Closer as a part of the era so 3 huge hits isn't nothing to speak little of

If you want to stretch it a little further...Dont Let Me Down was also huge which allowed for them to nearly challenge Katys weeks in the top 10 record...nonstop slayage for over a year is hard to attain

They can start fresh with new material

55 minutes ago, Sinister said:

I don't think they rushed their album at all

After Closer...they had released All We Know, Setting Fire, and then Paris (which actually ended up on the album)

I don't feel like the album was rush released at all for I thought Closer was like the lead single from the album but it wasn't 

Honest, The One and Young could've been big hits..but I still consider Closer as a part of the era so 3 huge hits isn't nothing to speak little of

If you want to stretch it a little further...Dont Let Me Down was also huge which allowed for them to nearly challenge Katys weeks in the top 10 record...nonstop slayage for over a year is hard to attain

They can start fresh with new material

Maybe they left Closer off of the album to improve it's digital download sales. It's up to around 2.86 M now, and will hit 3 M before 2017 ends.

2 hours ago, bjnono001 said:

So did Shawn make the #1? Can't tell because of the format add Shawn got on Kworb

Way too close to.tell anyway. If its within a couple of millions it can always be a different order on Billboard

Hunt lost 40 spins, but is still up for the week by 92. Also, Back Road gained back another 220k on Country AI again today, after two days of 400-450k gains.

Brent Young's In Case You Didn't Know gained back 220 spins for a weekly bullet of +1060! He's up 659k for today. His song peaked over two months ago too, so the format is keeping songs around longer again. Unfortunately, the "currents" based CACs on BB and MB won't reflect this, which is why I combine the currents and recurrents on my charts.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.