+ 0.037 AI

Urban AC:
27 23 DJ KHALED F/RIHANNA/B. TILLER Wild Thoughts 330 209 121 4.030

- 17 Spins
- 38 Bullet
- 0.182 AI

Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow.

13 hours ago, Destroun said:

the people are really sick for despacito in here/iTunes thread, any info posted they talk bout hot100. :biblio::rip:

Well, Radio Airplay is one of the metrics used for the Hot100, so it has correlation. If you don't like us to discuss about how "Despacito" doesn't rely on airplay to stay atop the Hot100 in this thread, then that's really only an issue of your own...

2 hours ago, soramaro said:

POP

5 5 DJ KHALED F/RIHANNA/B. TILLER Wild Thoughts 13777 12928 849 79.411

+131 Spins

-22 Bullet

+1.035 Audience

URBAN

1 1 DJ KHALED F/RIHANNA/B. TILLER Wild Thoughts 5348 5450 -102 38.931

= Spins

-17 Bullet

+0.601 Audience

Well well well

pI81vuZ.gif

@One Nation @Starkboy

Oh wow oh wow

Bringing up the fact that Despacito will still be #1 this week or next is clearly a defensive response to the fact that it's falling like a rock on radio, while Wild Thoughts is still gaining. :rip:

Like, we know that Despacito will still be #1 this week, but that doesn't take away the fact that it's collapsing in radio, which will certainly hurt in in the grand scheme of things. :doc:

And "but oh the song is five months old" excuse isn't really an excuse at all. Just look at other huge hits like Shape of You. It's severely lacking in longevity on radio, point, blank, period. :rip:

Edited by One Nation

19 minutes ago, One Nation said:

Bringing up the fact that Despacito will still be #1 this week or next is clearly a defensive response to the fact that it's falling like a rock on radio, while Wild Thoughts is still gaining. :rip:

Like, we know that Despacito will still be #1 this week, but that doesn't take away the fact that it's collapsing in radio, which will certainly hurt in in the grand scheme of things. :doc:

And "but oh the song is five months old" excuse isn't really an excuse at all. Just look at other huge hits like Shape of You. It's severely lacking in longevity on radio, point, blank, period. :rip:

5 months? Try 7. :rip: 

WT to get pushed on Pop, I knew it was still going to climb :duca:

10 minutes ago, Hurem said:

7* 

My point still doesn't change. Also Justin's remix wasn't released until April and we all know radio didn't really become here for Despacito until then when the remix went for adds. So actually 3 boo :heart2:

2 minutes ago, One Nation said:

7* 

My point still doesn't change. Also Justin's remix wasn't released until April and we all know radio didn't really become here for Despacito until then when the remix went for adds. So actually 3 boo :heart2:

It's actually 4 then. :rip: Radio probably plays both versions so we'll just go with 7. :) 

Also, lord knows US radio isn't really crazy for Spanish music, so Despacitos radio longevity/success is just great.

Edited by Hurem

10 minutes ago, Hurem said:

It's actually 4 then. :rip: Radio probably plays both versions so we'll just go with 7. :) 

Also, lord knows US radio isn't really crazy for Spanish music, so Despacitos radio longevity/success is just great.

Where was Despacito on radio before the remix?

1 minute ago, One Nation said:

Where was Despacito on radio before the remix?

16/4/2017

LUIS FONSI - Despacito f/Daddy Yankee: 27.933 (-0.179)

No one doubts that the remix pushed the songs success in the US, but even than, it's still a Spanish song that was #1 on US radio. An amazing accomplishment. :clap3: 

26 minutes ago, Hurem said:

Despacito wasn't even top 50 on pop radio until a week after the JB remix and barely had an overall AI of 30M.:rip: US radio was paying little attention to it prior to the remix so it has been roughly four months. The remix helped the original get a boost in airplay because it certainly wasn't getting much prior to that remix.

Just now, FentyxTesfaye said:

Despacito wasn't even top 50 on pop radio until a week after the JB remix and barely had an overall AI of 30M.:rip: US radio was paying little attention to it prior to the remix so it has been roughly four months. The remix helped the original get a boost in airplay because it certainly wasn't getting much prior to that remix.

Is anyone trying to prove otherwise? :rip: 

2 minutes ago, Hurem said:

16/4/2017

LUIS FONSI - Despacito f/Daddy Yankee: 27.933 (-0.179)

No one doubts that the remix pushed the songs success in the US, but even than, it's still a Spanish song that was #1 on US radio. An amazing accomplishment. :clap3: 

Just now, FentyxTesfaye said:

:cm:

1 minute ago, Hurem said:

You literally just used the song being around for 7 months to justify why it's losing so much on radio.

It's been losing over 1 million on Pop alone with the remix, the version that 99% of the pop stations play.

Here's to WT going to 200M :duca:

1 minute ago, Hurem said:

I said that because you said it's been on the radio for seven months as if the original was doing well all on its own hence why I brought it up. If it wasn't for the remix it would've went downhill from there, that was the point. I'm certain your comprehension skills aren't that bad.

4 minutes ago, Hurem said:

I said that because you said it's been on the radio for seven months as if the original was doing well all on its own hence why I brought it up. If it wasn't for the remix it would've went downhill from there, that was the point. I'm certain your comprehension skills aren't that bad.

2 minutes ago, One Nation said:

You literally just used the song being around for 7 months to justify why it's losing so much on radio.

It's been losing over 1 million on Pop alone with the remix, the version that 99% of the pop stations play.

1 minute ago, FentyxTesfaye said:

Well, the song was released on January 12th and they're basically the same song with an extra verse in English. :rip: No one says the remix didn't boost the radio success. My point still stands tho, it had an amazing radio run for a Spanish song. :clap3: 

QueenofCopyPaste

1. Wild Thoughts - 176

4. Despacito - 164

Despacito loses 2mil audiences daily..

will it be enough for the 16th week at #1?

:eli:

Just now, Hurem said:

Well, the song was released on January 12th and they're basically the same song with an extra verse in English. :rip: No one says the remix didn't boost the radio success. My point still stands tho, it had an amazing radio run for a Spanish song. :clap3: 

As if the person who recorded that extra verse in English didn't have unparalleled impact in shooting the song to the stratosphere :rip:

And you had two different points.

1. You justified the song losing 2 million daily now because the song had been around for 7 months when the remix (in which pop radio actually started paying attention; wasn't even Top 50 there before then) wasn't released until mid-April. That are mere three month or so span on Pop radio, fairly typical for a smash song regardless. The way the song is falling now there makes it's longevity pale in comparison to other huge hits released this year, who weren't losing that much consistently at this point of it's pop chart run, or chart run in general.

2. You say it's doing amazing for a Spanish song. To an extent I agree, but again, it all goes back to who was added to the song. You can't honestly say the song would have had half the success it has without Justin's "one extra verse" being added. Like, what other Spanish song has had a remix from an artist of such magnitude in the past five years? :toofunny2:

Regardless, the numbers don't lie, so we'll leave it at that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.