• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• Raphy23

• FAN

• Starkboy

Top Posters In This Topic

Will MR have any chance at AAA, AC or Possibly even Country?

Please MR rise :devil:

15 minutes ago, Mister Max said:

Maybe on AC but that's it. I mean if POP stations refuse to play her, what makes you think that AAA and Country will suddenly start loving Gaga?

K5OuXby.gif

ED SHEERAN - Shape Of You:

(+ 2.930)

ZAYN/TAYLOR SWIFT - I Don't Wanna Live Forever:

(+ 1.409)

Ed might block Zaylor on radio too :dancehall:

17 SHAWN MENDES - Treat You Better: 82.726 (+ 0.695)

SHAWN MENDES - Mercy: 61.073 (+ 0.535)

not TYB still overshadowing Mercy.. :deadbanana3:

justice for Mercy :!ohno:

BRITNEY SPEARS - Slumber Party f/Tinashe: 8.218 (- 0.119) :rip::rip:

11 minutes ago, Instant said:

Maybe on AC but that's it. I mean if POP stations refuse to play her, what makes you think that AAA and Country will suddenly start loving Gaga?

K5OuXby.gif

Maybe if they added (ft. Hillary Lindsey) or smth on Country

Imagine if Pop eliminated 1,000 spins each from the over played Top 5 for 1 day..

So many in between hits could benefit.

4 hours ago, Jeiboy said:

POP:
53 40 STARLEY Call On Me 866 343 523 3.725

+134 Spins
+86 Bullet
+0.675 Audience

HOT AC:
32 29 STARLEY Call On Me 683 564 119 1.557

+34 Spins
+22 Bullet
+0.108 Audience

ITS COMING! :jonny:

does she have a deal :rip: 

4 hours ago, Jeiboy said:

POP:

+134 Spins
+86 Bullet
+0.675 Audience

HOT AC:

+34 Spins
+22 Bullet
+0.108 Audience

Yeeees ! It's sooo good. Deserves to smash hard.

http://kworb.net/airadio/

1=

MAROON 5

Don't Wanna Know f/K. Lamar

189.042-1.584

2=

ALESSIA CARA

Scars To Your Beautiful

174.280+0.904

Alessia has the chance to top Overall Radio :jonny:

47 minutes ago, Jeiboy said:

http://kworb.net/airadio/

1=

MAROON 5

Don't Wanna Know f/K. Lamar

189.042-1.584

2=

ALESSIA CARA

Scars To Your Beautiful

174.280+0.904

Alessia has the chance to top Overall Radio :jonny:

Coming to make history :clap3:

4 hours ago, Instant said:

K5OuXby.gif

Yeah, and I don't even think it has a good chance at AC.

Country is an extremely isolated format, so I would never expect any pop artists to get played there. AAA is kinda all over the place at times but it's such a small format that it doesn't really matter for chart purposes (unless we're talking about the number of formats a song is charting on, where it can make a difference). 

On 1/20/2017 at 4:20 AM, Jeiboy said:

According to Kworb:

Alessia Cara - "Here" - 186 days (26th week)

Demi Lovato - "Give Your Heart a Break" - 186 days (25th week)

Alessia Cara - "Scars to Your Beautiful" - 180 days (24th week)

How can they both be 186 days but different weeks?

18 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

Idk.

Here reached the top spot (article published) on its 26th week. Demi on its 25th as per Billboard reports

But both jumped to #1 on Kworb's pop airplay daily chart on their 186th day.

4 hours ago, TrieLz said:

17 SHAWN MENDES - Treat You Better: 82.726 (+ 0.695)

SHAWN MENDES - Mercy: 61.073 (+ 0.535)

not TYB still overshadowing Mercy.. :deadbanana3:

justice for Mercy :!ohno:

BRITNEY SPEARS - Slumber Party f/Tinashe: 8.218 (- 0.119) :rip::rip:

Slumber Party and Mercy deserve better

crossroadsh1kfbxjsje.gif

11 hours ago, Lippy said:

Honey I'm pretty sure everything played by radio is being paid for and decided before the release. Radio playlists are corrupted as ****, and it's not only Ariana but pretty much almost everyone. The "call out scores" only exist as some sort or cover up.

Some people have the payola, some people don't. That's why some artists like Xtina, Avril Lavigne, Shakira or JLo will NOT have their singles on radio, no matter how radio friendly they are, while P!nk, Maroon 5 or Katy Perry will always get played a lot.

Xtina, Avril, Shakira, and JLo are well past their peaks. Radio played them a LOT in their peaks. They're also women in their 30s, and we all know what radio does to women in their 30s.

And even if most artists are guilty of payola, what's the point of singling out Ariana when she not only at least has the sales and streams to back up the airplay but she does way better in sales and streams than she does in airplay? Meanwhile, artists like Maroon 5, Shawn Mendes, and Alessia Cara do disproportionately well on radio.

Most artists are not guilty of payola. That's the thing.

Sometimes, songs get radio deals, but the artists don't have anything to do with those. The people negotating those deals are label executives and the artist's management team.

With country radio having four females in the top twenty I am shocked, I can't remember the last time there have been four or more females artists as lead solo artists in the top twenty.

14 hours ago, Jeiboy said:

POP:

+134 Spins
+86 Bullet
+0.675 Audience

HOT AC:

+34 Spins
+22 Bullet
+0.108 Audience

YAS :jonny: I discovered this like 2 months ago thanks to the remix and it's a BOP

14 hours ago, Mister Max said:

I agree MR fully fits all of the elements AAA looks for in its format's songs, so AAA should definitely add the song (that doesn't mean they will, as TSOS also fit the format perfectly). AC will add MR, but admittedly I'm surprised AC hasn't already. Country would probably need a remix, even though MR is more Country than many of the songs at that genre today. Hopefully the SB will help MR. Like TSOS, it's too good of a song to ignore.

9 hours ago, Jeiboy said:

Idk.

Here reached the top spot (article published) on its 26th week. Demi on its 25th as per Billboard reports

But both jumped to #1 on Kworb's pop airplay daily chart on their 186th day.

BB lists 40 positions, while MB lists 50 positions.

On Saturday, January 21, 2017 at 2:21 AM, Thuggin said:

I don't understand why radio always drops Ariana SO hard. :skull:

She never had AC to soften the blow

Top 40: Alessia Cara Lands Second Chart Topper; Weeknd/Daft Punk Top 10; Sheeran, Mendes Top 15; Chainsmokers, Drake Top 20 

ALESSIA CARA lands her second #1 hit as "Scars To Your Beautiful" moves 2*-1* and is +608 spins

* Inside the top 5, MGK X CAMILA CABELLO seem to have the inside track on the next #1, despite holding at 4* as "Bad Things" is up nearly 1400 spins and the #3 Greatest Gainer

THE WEEKND and DAFT PUNK have two songs in the top 10 as "I Feel It Coming," moves 12*-10* and is up 737 spins

ED SHEERAN is top 15 in his third week as "Shape Of You" rises 17*-12* and is the #2 Greatest Gainer at +2223 spins

SHAWN MENDES enters the top 15 with "Mercy" as it goes 16*-13* and is +788 spins

THE CHAINSMOKERS are top 20 in their second week on the chart with "Paris" up 26*-18* and is +3281 spins and the #1 Greatest Gainer

* DRAKE lands yet another top 20 himself with "Fake Love" up 21*-19* and +580 spins

* NOAH CYRUS jumps 34*-26* with "Make Me (Cry)," featuring LABRINTH, up 553 spins

* STARLEY and SABRINA CARPENTER land debuts this week

23 hours ago, LCTV said:

Imagine if Pop eliminated 1,000 spins each from the over played Top 5 for 1 day..

So many in between hits could benefit.

I overlooked this last night, but you are absolutely right. There is no legitimate reason to play a song more than 84 times a week, or an average of once every two hours. Some stations now play power rotation songs 130 times a week, which is once every 75 minutes or so. That's definitely overkill.

Also of note -- 15 or so years ago, Top 40 offered a much larger variety of music and played songs representing far than it does now. For a time, HAC filled the void T 40 left behind. However, even HAC is now at best halfway between T 40 in the very early 2000s and what T 40 plays today. This severely limits the ability of worthy songs from Rock and Country worthy of crossing over to mainstream radio.

21 hours ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

21 hours ago, Jeiboy said:

Idk.

Likely because of the tracking week. 'Here' must have fallen more favourably across different Billboard tracking weeks such that it charted more times on a weekly basis for the same number of days.

Ie. if the tracking week ends on a Sunday, 'Here' might have charted Saturday-Wednesday for 186 days at 26 weeks, whereas GYHAB could have done Monday-Friday and caught 25 official weeks for 186 days.

Edited by Fruity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.