Jump to content

TV Fanatics | Send Your Year End Lists Now!!

6,672 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Wicked

It always kills me how people act like sitcoms with intelligent humor started with 30 Rock. I just... lol. They even existed in the 70s.

 

I really wanna start Full Frontal with Sam Bee, hmm. Might make it an effort next month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maddox
19 minutes ago, Wicked said:

It always kills me how people act like sitcoms with intelligent humor started with 30 Rock. I just... lol. They even existed in the 70s.

 

I really wanna start Full Frontal with Sam Bee, hmm. Might make it an effort next month.

lmao who said that....

(I mean it is one of the smartest shows of the century but all time... that's another story)

 

Sam Bee is good, her Puerto Rico special last year is worth watching!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wicked
50 minutes ago, Maddox said:

lmao who said that....

(I mean it is one of the smartest shows of the century but all time... that's another story)

 

Sam Bee is good, her Puerto Rico special last year is worth watching!!

I always seeing it implied in Comedy tv discussions. "Oh 30 Rock is the best because it's the only smart one" etc,. It's a smart show obviously, it's just not the first.

 

I'll look it up.

 

6 minutes ago, Maddox said:

 

10 min? :skull:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maddox
18 minutes ago, Wicked said:

I always seeing it implied in Comedy tv discussions. "Oh 30 Rock is the best because it's the only smart one" etc,. It's a smart show obviously, it's just not the first.

 

I'll look it up.

 

10 min? :skull:

You always see these exaggerated claims with other Reddit favorites like The Office and Parks and rec which are fine but can't be the only thing comedy has to offer

 

I'm here for this 10min skits trend, it needs to happen more often

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wicked

Very hype for Y: TLM on FX tbh, not sure if it's debuting this year.

 

In the middle of rereading the series, so dope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maddox

The Broad City premiere was good :clap3:We love them again!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FutureHive

My Mad Fat Diary was a lil depressing for my taste. Jodie Comer was nice to look at tho. i'll watch The White Princess soon just for her. already seen Thirteen. Doctor Foster doesnt look interesting. not even Jodie can make me watch that.

 

anyways up next: Escape at Dannemora

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KasioKas
3 hours ago, Maddox said:

The Broad City premiere was good :clap3:We love them again!!

Really? I gotta check it out!

 

I guess i#m the only one who thought there was never a massive dip in quality.. I enjoyed the previous season and i'm very sad this is the last. The ep where Abbi (?) got high and killed Wanda Syke's cat was hilarious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maddox
4 hours ago, KasioKas said:

Really? I gotta check it out!

 

I guess i#m the only one who thought there was never a massive dip in quality.. I enjoyed the previous season and i'm very sad this is the last. The ep where Abbi (?) got high and killed Wanda Syke's cat was hilarious.

I wasn't really a fan of that one... I feel like they already pulled a similar stunt which was one of my issues with S4. There was nothing refreshing abt the episodes bar some exceptions, a noticeable lack of self awareness + some of the guest stars were really bad (Shania Twain...)

 

Judging from the new episode, they seem like they're going on the right direction (or at least I hope so)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wicked

The new Corporate episode is EOTY contender. This season is gonna be great.

 

Jake is truly my conscious :skull:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maddox
8 hours ago, Wicked said:

The new Corporate episode is EOTY contender. This season is gonna be great.

 

Jake is truly my conscious :skull:

 

 

 

A TUNE!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wicked
52 minutes ago, Maddox said:

@Wicked what's the t?

 

 

That's a weird comparison, the first special was about campus sexual assault. Instead of doing experiments for businesses, she does one experiment to get men to see the female perspective. I liked the special and it was on my '18 episodes list that I didn't post. Didn't realize she had another coming.

 

Didn't find it THAT humorous though.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wicked

Joe Pera is more in-line with Nathan For You.

 

I guess Soft Focus is more structurally similar tho. But they're going for 2 different things it's so weird to put them in a sentence together :skull:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maddox
7 hours ago, Wicked said:

Joe Pera is more in-line with Nathan For You.

 

I guess Soft Focus is more structurally similar tho. But they're going for 2 different things it's so weird to put them in a sentence together :skull:

Is there like cringe/uncomfortable sequences or something hence why he made that comparison? Either way it looks interesting, will watch it soon!

 

-

 

Kingdom is very entertaining (also really hilarious lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staryu

Hi TV friends, if anyone has seen these shows can you tell me if they're worth watching and which I should watch first? 

 

Bodyguard, The Terror, Barry, The Deuce, and Dirty John  :-*  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FutureHive
1 minute ago, Staryu said:

Hi TV friends, if anyone has seen these shows can you tell me if they're worth watching and which I should watch first? 

 

Bodyguard, The Terror, Barry, The Deuce, and Dirty John  :-*  

Bodyguard is the most entertaining out this bunch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FutureHive

i vaguely remember anything that happened on Justified.

perfect reason to rewatch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maddox
21 minutes ago, Staryu said:

Hi TV friends, if anyone has seen these shows can you tell me if they're worth watching and which I should watch first? 

 

Bodyguard, The Terror, Barry, The Deuce, and Dirty John  :-*  

The Deuce> The Terror>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Barry.

 

If you liked 24 you'll enjoy Bodyguard (i didn't), idk abt Dirty John (i loved the podcast)

 

16 minutes ago, FutureHive said:

i vaguely remember anything that happened on Justified.

perfect reason to rewatch

The fact that you'll probably finish it earlier than me :skull: I need to stop being perched on these new TV shows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wicked
5 hours ago, Maddox said:

Is there like cringe/uncomfortable sequences or something hence why he made that comparison? Either way it looks interesting, will watch it soon!

 

Ya, but she doesn't really come across as genuine at any point lol.

 

4 hours ago, Staryu said:

Hi TV friends, if anyone has seen these shows can you tell me if they're worth watching and which I should watch first? 

 

Bodyguard, The Terror, Barry, The Deuce, and Dirty John  :-*  

The Deuce first!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FutureHive

i coudve sworn Justified was on netflix. snoozed too long now its gone. forced to torrent again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Homogenic

Is The West Wing a good series? I feel like I'm going to cancel my Netflix subscription after I watch Maniac because I don't feel like watching any of the shows they have at the moment and download something else.

 

Or does anyone have like good politics/law-related series recommendations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maddox
1 hour ago, Homogenic said:

Is The West Wing a good series? I feel like I'm going to cancel my Netflix subscription after I watch Maniac because I don't feel like watching any of the shows they have at the moment and download something else.

 

Or does anyone have like good politics/law-related series recommendations?

@Mr Greenbird liked it! There's Damages starring your fav Glenn which is good :keir:

 

Also Boston Legal (Hulu), The Good Wife (Netflix), The Good Fight/BrainDead (both on Amazon Prime, i highly recommend them) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites