Feedback Wanted in ATRL's First Townhall Read more... ×

TV Fanatics | Send Your Year End Lists Now!!

6,318 posts in this topic

FutureHive
6 hours ago, Peppermint said:

You should prioritize Angel and The X-Files:keir:

i dont want to die from boredom

Leptine
On 1/20/2019 at 11:51 PM, FutureHive said:

these shows have been in my watchlist for 5+ years.

either i binge them soon or its never gonna happen tbh

X-Files

Angel

every popular 30 minute comedy

Twin Peaks

Southland

My Mad Fat Diary

Forbrydelsen

Bron/Broen

'My Mad Fat Diary' (I thought you already watched it) is the only worth one from that list, beside the ones I never heard of.

'X-Files' would be super boring now to watch, 'Angel' as well, I watched it a lot of years ago and it was already boring at the time, far away from 'Buffy' level.

'Twin Peaks' only the first season is good and some of the first episodes of the second season, then they revealed the main mystery and it became a mess. I'm sure it's not you thing at all.

Wicked
6 hours ago, Maddox said:

He makes it look interesting but is Zendaya a good actress??

She hasn't really gotten a chance to show that she can, but she's not bad from what I've seen her in.

And that article is messy:

A montage of famous people with mental disorders including Vincent Van Gogh, Sylvia Plath, Fiona Apple and Britney Spears is here to remind us that you can still achieve great things when insane.

None of these people were 'insane' :doc:

3 hours ago, Mr Greenbird said:

Personally I really don't take SeasonZero article seriously cause of taste (?) difference matters.. I respect him though

This. Some stuff he hyped up in the past were messes/garbage for me personally.

FutureHive
52 minutes ago, Leptine said:

'My Mad Fat Diary' (I thought you already watched it) is the only worth one from that list, beside the ones I never heard of.

'X-Files' would be super boring now to watch, 'Angel' as well, I watched it a lot of years ago and it was already boring at the time, far away from 'Buffy' level.

'Twin Peaks' only the first season is good and some of the first episodes of the second season, then they revealed the main mystery and it became a mess. I'm sure it's not you thing at all.

actually im in the mood for more UK teen drama after watching Sex Education. i might check it out

Echo

This is the first time I've ever heard anyone call Angel and The X-Files boring... :rip:

Staryu
2 hours ago, Wicked said:

She hasn't really gotten a chance to show that she can, but she's not bad from what I've seen her in.

A montage of famous people with mental disorders including Vincent Van Gogh, Sylvia Plath, Fiona Apple and Britney Spears is here to remind us that you can still achieve great things when insane.

This. Some stuff he hyped up in the past were messes/garbage for me personally.

:ahh: idk why this has me dying :deadbanana2: 'when insane' like what :deadbanana2: 

Wicked
1 hour ago, Staryu said:

:ahh: idk why this has me dying :deadbanana2: 'when insane' like what :deadbanana2: 

A literal mess all around, tbh.

1 hour ago, Echo said:

This is the first time I've ever heard anyone call Angel and The X-Files boring... :rip:

This.

Wicked

Great episode.

FutureHive

yall watch Rectify & The Americans and not complain at all so i cant exacty trust what u guys deem boring (except @Leptine)

Wicked

Slow or meticulous =/= boring

Even a fast paced show like The Big Bang Theory is boring. All those CW shows like Riverdale are fast paced yet boring.

Maddox
10 hours ago, Mr Greenbird said:

Personally I really don't take SeasonZero article seriously cause of taste (?) difference matters.. I respect him though

The way he vouched for "A Million Little Things" was a choice... but it's still fun to read

7 hours ago, Wicked said:

yeah... he could've worded it differently

Maddox

Overall i liked Wayne, it was very entertaining. I understand the comparisons to End Of The F***ing World (sure that one is shorter and more consistent but Wayne and Del are far more interesting than James and Alyssa)

I feel like if the show dropped the principal/best friend road trip which turned out to be pointless even if they were used for comic relief, it could've been greater. Anyway we better get a second season!!

FutureHive

Jodie Comer is looking well fit on My Mad Fat Diary. my goodness

Wicked
1 hour ago, Maddox said:

Overall i liked Wayne, it was very entertaining. I understand the comparisons to End Of The F***ing World (sure that one is shorter and more consistent but Wayne and Del are far more interesting than James and Alyssa)

I feel like if the show dropped the principal/best friend road trip which turned out to be pointless even if they were used for comic relief, it could've been greater. Anyway we better get a second season!!

EOTFW is consistently mediocre, true!

Either way, Thousand Miles scene > the other show.

Maddox
4 hours ago, Wicked said:

EOTFW is consistently mediocre, true!

Either way, Thousand Miles scene > the other show.

Sis...

you did kinda make a point on how both EOTFW leads are completely devoid of any discernible background aside from them being psychotic brats

-

:rip: 

Maddox

My favorite Wanye scene is probably when Del showed up with the chainsaw on the 2nd episode just for my little cousin's reaction alone :skull: The nose biting was one thing, but damn the way the show got progressively gory lol

Wicked
2 hours ago, Maddox said:

My favorite Wanye scene is probably when Del showed up with the chainsaw on the 2nd episode just for my little cousin's reaction alone :skull: The nose biting was one thing, but damn the way the show got progressively gory lol

ngl...

Wayne having googly eyes for Del when she stabbed all those blood bags causing a mess was almost as cringe as the making love in a heart puddle scene in EOTFW. But even still the show did a better job handling the leads.

Wicked

Ray Romano has proven to be a great actor (he is awesome on Men of a Certain Age) but no way I'm watching his Netflix special lmao.

That Paddleton movie tho, I'll check out.