TV Fanatics 📺 | Emmy Season Approaching!

6,907 posts in this topic

KylieistBoi
2 hours ago, MrLovett said:

I was honestly expecting it to be Laura Benanti, but the actress who played Melania did a pretty good job. I liked how they did the episode, very clever.

Yes, she was good too. I just selfishly wish Benanti would get an Emmy for her Melania portrayal, that is the reason why I was bummed. :noparty:

Playa Playa
On 4/19/2019 at 10:57 AM, Maddox said:

Did you check twitter?? They were already fuming abt it :rip: Imagine being mad at a CBS All Access show... The insecurity jumped OUT

I wouldn't mind a Christmas special or sth, but even with an additional season it would only reaffirm the finale's messaging. No matter what messy situation they throw themselves into they'll always have each other's backs' (do we really need anymore proof of that)

Hope they continue to be mad! Agree with y'all about the Melania storyline

That's true. Rob & Sharon are just so well written & acted, S4 (outside of the finale) still didn't have a huge impact on me but it was prob my favourite season just because my love for them grows with each one

Playa Playa
5 hours ago, Wicked said:

Fleabag is a work of undeniable genius. But it is for posh girls

In the aftermath of its second season, it’s time to reassess Phoebe Waller-Bridge and her champagne receptions

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/apr/20/fleabag-posh-girl-television?CMP=twt_a-culture_b-gdnculture

I feel like this article fails to make an actual point and is more about explaining why the show is "about" posh girls (we know that) rather than assessing why it's "for" them... Imagine ending on "Fleabag’s sad smile to let us know she’s heartbroken, but she’s going to be OK. Because, of course she’s going to be OK – have you seen the size of her dad’s house?!" and thinking this should be published lol

This article is much better because it actually addresses the industry, class politics, and makes a point without being a twat!

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/9kp43a/mental-health-tv-fleabag-middle-class 

Maddox
On 4/21/2019 at 1:04 PM, KylieistBoi said:

IKR? I'm just kinda sad they didn't get Laura Benanti to actually play her, she does the best Melania impression I've seen. 

Anyway, this past three episodes have been really good for The Good Fight, I'm kinda surprised not gonna lie :michael: 

I agree! Again Michael Sheen is the weakest link here but as long as he's interacting with the rest of the cast at a minimum it's fine! I think it's cool when the show plays with its alternate reality. Sometimes it works (like the pee tape/Melania episode), other times it backfires (the don jr plot kinda went nowhere). Either way it makes the season more exciting to follow + the next episode looks promising!

On 4/21/2019 at 3:56 PM, Allstar said:

Loved Ramy

Hulu needs to start their Hiam Abbass campaign asap! Her episode was fantastic :heart2: 

15 hours ago, Playa Playa said:

Hope they continue to be mad! Agree with y'all about the Melania storyline

That's true. Rob & Sharon are just so well written & acted, S4 (outside of the finale) still didn't have a huge impact on me but it was prob my favourite season just because my love for them grows with each one

The consensus is that the last 2 seasons were the weakest, which i'm not sure i totally agree. Overall the show was pretty consistent imo. (my favorite is S1, though i need a rewatch to see if it still stands)

As for S4, i think the second episode with Michaela Watkins along with the finale were the strongest by far. I'm not sure if the side characters got the closure they deserved (the Fran/Chris resolution was lazy tbh) but overall this season was a big triumph!

Maddox
4 hours ago, Wicked said:

Fleabag is a work of undeniable genius. But it is for posh girls

In the aftermath of its second season, it’s time to reassess Phoebe Waller-Bridge and her champagne receptions

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/apr/20/fleabag-posh-girl-television?CMP=twt_a-culture_b-gdnculture

But is Fleabag meant to represent the average woman? I think the audience is well aware of her status, that doesn't mean they can't relate to her experience or certain aspects of her personality

This reminds me of the "Girls doesn't have any minorities" controversy lol

-

The new Veep was pathetic, it's like one of those lame SNL political sketches :mazen: