July Town Hall Thread Read more... ×

TV Fanatics 📺 | Emmy Season Approaching!

7,527 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Wicked said:

I wonder why lol, seemed like they were doing fine... Landgraff cracking up rn probably.

lol :rip: I'm guessing the decision to turn HBO into Netflix with prestige got something to do with it, i wonder who's going to snatch him next...

22 minutes ago, Wicked said:

Well... They're getting started early.

https://www.vulture.com/article/best-tv-shows-2019.html

Best of the year without Wayne & Corporate though, ehh.

Time to make a new thread :eli: 

Anyway, yess @ the comedy slayage tho i'm kinda mixed on like 4 of these. Idc about Marie Kondo so i'd replace her + The Other Two with the 2 shows you mentioned.

Also no ODAAT :fish2: useless critics

is it weird that right now dan is the 2nd most successful post-gossip-girl actor, with you being a notable hit as opposed to single parents/making history, blood & oil, wicked city/white gold?

The Other Two is my favorite new show in a LONG time, it's been awhile since a show has made me laugh out loud in every single episode. glad it's already been renewed. I need to check out Corporate

Posted (edited)
On 2/28/2019 at 10:59 PM, Wicked said:

Yeah, it was great but it put me in a somber mood.

I get it! I felt kind of the same way around the scene where Sam and Frankie were reading the play in turns, sure it's sweet but there's still this sad element into it! Anyway i like the way Pamela's playing around with her filming style, the show feels more refreshing compared to the previous seasons. 

Edit: Sepinwall describes it very well in his recap:

"...Still, there’s a reward at the end, for Sam and for us, as she agrees to take turns reading the play aloud. Frankie’s demeanor immediately softens (she can be both the worst Fox kid and the best, often within moments of each other) as she recognizes in the description of the Younger family’s home echoes of the house her mother has built for her and her siblings. And sure enough, as Sam goes through this very detailed and weighty description of what the furnishings mean, the camera explores the rest of a house that Sam (really, Adlon and the production team) has so carefully decorated. Frankie doesn’t often pause to consider the incredible home, and life, that her mother has given her. Every now and then, though, the light bulb goes on and she sees both her mom and the paintings on the wall as more than just vaguely familiar backgrounds. Sam doesn’t get to tell Frankie about her terrible trip, but they share a moment, nonetheless. In this long, strange journey through life, often the best we can hope for are lovely moments of recognition like that. And few shows, past or present, capture those moments better than this one."

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-recaps/better-things-season-3-episode-1-chicago-798592/

8 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

is it weird that right now dan is the 2nd most successful post-gossip-girl actor, with you being a notable hit as opposed to single parents/making history, blood & oil, wicked city/white gold?

Netflix's impact again, also he's kinda the most talented of them all :eli: 

This is unrelated but the fact that bl*k* l*v*l* managed to convince ppl she was somehow outstanding on A Simple Favor is still mind-boggling to me :psyduck:

Good starting for ODAAT third season.

I'm still shook this woman is an EGOT and pushing 90.

rita-moreno-768-copy.jpg

17 hours ago, Leptine said:

Good starting for ODAAT third season.

I'm still shook this woman is an EGOT and pushing 90.

rita-moreno-768-copy.jpg

A legend :heart2:

Anyone peeped the Fleabag premiere?

matt bomer leading sinner S3. maybe i'll actually try the show. maybe

From Terriers creator, I hear pilot starts filming in May

On 3/1/2019 at 7:31 AM, Maddox said:

oh wow... oh wow

Wait, Bob Greenblatt is replacing him? Wow lol

I thought NBC is way better than other broadcast networks, anyway.. Can't wait to see what will happen. 

3 hours ago, Mr Greenbird said:

From Terriers creator, I hear pilot starts filming in May

FX is also adapting one of the most acclaimed book series of the 21st century :jonny4:

btw what do we think about this? @Maddox

5 hours ago, Wicked said:

FX is also adapting one of the most acclaimed book series of the 21st century :jonny4:

Damages is too overrated in here, Season 1 was awesome, season 2 was okay, season 3 was great but last 2.. eh

I'd put Sunny down and up Fargo and Better Things more. 

56 minutes ago, Mr Greenbird said:

Damages is too overrated in here, Season 1 was awesome, season 2 was okay, season 3 was great but last 2.. eh

Agreed, and no Baskets = no ratings.

re: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fx-grabs-don-winslows-cartel-novels-develop-tv-1193045

3 hours ago, Mr Greenbird said:

This is a wonderful recent piece of The Shield, there needs to be more. It has got to be the most ignored show of the "Golden Age" of TV.

It's something like this to me

1) The Shield

2) The Americans

3) Atlanta

4) Justified

5) Baskets

6) Better Things

7) Fargo

8) Terriers

9) American Crime Story

10) Pose 

11) The League

12) Sons of Anarchy

13) You're The Worst

14) Legion

15) It's Always Sunny

16) Rescue Me

17) Archer

18) Damages

19) Wilfred

20) idk, Feud?

I see Paste Magazine didn't include Louie, well I have to admit I enjoyed the show back then.. Maybe like 6th on this list or.

On 3/7/2019 at 8:04 PM, Maddox said:

Looks great!

11 hours ago, Wicked said:

Like @Mr Greenbird said Damages is a little too high considering how barely memorable it is compared to the others, otherwise that's a solid top 5!

Does Man Seeking Woman counts as an FX show? if so i think it belongs there with Baskets. AHS and Legion deserve to be at the bottom

15 minutes ago, Mr Greenbird said:

I see Paste Magazine didn't include Louie, well I have to admit I enjoyed the show back then.. Maybe like 6th on this list or.

Before the expose i could definitely see myself putting it in the top 5 even lol, i really have to see how it holds up now!

-

The Now Apocalypse pilot was good! An atrl classic was born lol

I'm really excited for Ramy :duca: Early reviews are very promising!

Finally some recognition! Recent episode was indeed a classic.