July Town Hall Thread Read more... ×

TV Fanatics 📺 | Emmy Season Approaching!

7,528 posts in this topic

1 season left of Justified

gonna watch a ton of reality tv afterwards. seen too much good tv, need some trash in my system

On 2/11/2019 at 7:11 PM, Maddox said:

Dropped immediately after the boring pilot.

I guess the pilot of Schitt's Creek is not what the fuss is all about

Jumping straight ahead to Season 4

2 hours ago, Leptine said:

Dropped immediately after the boring pilot.

Rest of the seaon was no better. The definition of style over substance... Sad for ppl who enjoyed the show but whatever 

2 hours ago, doonerr said:

I guess the pilot of Schitt's Creek is not what the fuss is all about

Jumping straight ahead to Season 4

Fair enough! First 2 seasons are a little shaky but it gets better.

On 2/12/2019 at 9:43 AM, Maddox said:

They did her dirty with this pic though, it's so awkward. Will read the article though.

On 2/12/2019 at 12:37 PM, Maddox said:

South Side looks OK.

2 hours ago, Wicked said:

They did her dirty with this pic though, it's so awkward. Will read the article though.

lol yeah, the 2nd other pic on the article was better. Overall it's more or less the same as the New Yorker profile, good for her for still going through the new season despite cutting ties with CK.

Weird City is out! I liked the pilot:

Desus & Mero are coming back with a bang

1 hour ago, Mr.Fenty said:

Desus & Mero are coming back with a bang

charlamagne must be fuming his HBO talkshow never saw the light of day

6 hours ago, FutureHive said:

charlamagne must be fuming his HBO talkshow never saw the light of day

won't be surprised if he replaces Wendy someday tbh

2 hours ago, Mr.Fenty said:

won't be surprised if he replaces Wendy someday tbh

hes too hip hop tbh. he dont want her audience

6 hours ago, FutureHive said:

hes too hip hop tbh. he dont want her audience

well, he already appears as a guest in Catfish from time to time so i guess, he doesn't care about "being hip hop". and Wendy was a kind of his mentor anyway so him replacing her makes sense.

9 minutes ago, Mr.Fenty said:

well, he already appears as a guest in Catfish from time to time so i guess, he doesn't care about "being hip hop". and Wendy was a kind of his mentor anyway so him replacing her makes sense.

again he doesnt want her audience

Has anyone watched the Catastrophe finale? What a terrific ending, I'm in awe. Wow

I liked PEN15. I realize it's not everyone's cup of tea but I loved the episodic approach and its genuinity about the friendship at the core of the center that really anchored it so emotionally and at times it's also so awkwardly hilarious :rip:

ODAAT was great. Not as entirely flawless as the previous seasons imo because the first few episodes felt a bit.. clunky. But it's really MINOR and who even cares about quibbling about this show when there's probably no other one with as much heart as ODAAT and its terrific final acts are always so worth it. Schneider stole the show which was about damn time and shows the thematical complexity ODAAT has when it can make us root and so deeply sympathize for the privileged, rich, white guy, as well. I am praying every day that we can get another renewal because there's hardly any other show I'm as confident in producing yet another great season.

6 hours ago, Allstar said:

Has anyone watched the Catastrophe finale? What a terrific ending, I'm in awe. Wow

Spoiler

Like a lot of ppl, my first reaction to the last scene was that they may have drowned which sounds a little bleak, but i doubt tha's the intent. Either way, the ambiguous ending as a metaphor for their relationship overcoming every obstacle works well for me! 

I'm really going to miss the show :heart2: Sweet rom com done right!!

As for PEN15, i feel like if a show can't take off after 3 episodes then it should get dropped, especially in this climate lol. Maybe i'll get back to it someday or maybe not.

I wholeheartedly agree on ODAAT. Lately i've been seeing some twitter users doubling down on Sepinwall's comment saying that this season particularly tries to randomly dump a serious storyline on a character just to pull some woke lesson which is ridiculous... Maybe bc i'm blindly stanning but none of the issues they addressed this season seemed forced to me. Besides, the 'issue of the week' formula has always been part of the show's dna it's weird how it became more annoying this year.