TV Fanatics 📺 | Emmy Season Approaching!

6,995 posts in this topic

to-watch list recent additions: 
Russian Doll, Wayne, Kingdom, Young Justice, Narcos: Mexico, The White Queen, The White Princess, Lindsay Lohan’s Beach Club

9 hours ago, FutureHive said:

to-watch list recent additions: 
Russian Doll, Wayne, Kingdom, Young Justice, Narcos: Mexico, The White Queen, The White Princess, Lindsay Lohan’s Beach Club

All good!!

-

“The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel,” about a 1950s New York housewife turned comedian, is particularly popular among wealthier viewers, Nielsen said. The median income of a household watching the series is $95,000 — higher than for any other streaming show for which Nielsen has released statistics, including “The Crown,” “13 Reasons Why” and “Stranger Things.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/01/business/media/marvelous-mrs-maisel-amazon-ratings.html

Interesting... 

Also being more popular than the final season of HOC is hardly an achievement lol. Anyway these numbers can't be fully trusted

The 1st episode of Hanna is available on Amazon Prime now, only for 24 hours though 

i'm late but i just started watching Pose since it's on Netflix now and wow, this is really everything :jonny5:

i'm living

20 hours ago, Maddox said:

All good!!

-

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/01/business/media/marvelous-mrs-maisel-amazon-ratings.html

Interesting... 

Also being more popular than the final season of HOC is hardly an achievement lol. Anyway these numbers can't be fully trusted

ofc course Maisel would be more watched by people with more money. Show is about upper class folks lol while the other shows are more relatable to the everyday person.

25 minutes ago, Wicked said:

ofc course Maisel would be more watched by people with more money. Show is about upper class folks lol while the other shows are more relatable to the everyday person.

omg he's questioning their inflated views lmaooo :dies:

19 minutes ago, Maddox said:

I am READY!!! :duca: Barry will kill it. But 2020 :skull:

Landgraff is a MESS. But Netflix... That ratio is terrible.

4 minutes ago, Wicked said:

I am READY!!! :duca: Barry will kill it. But 2020 :skull:

Landgraff is a MESS. But Netflix... That ratio is terrible.

Well...

He was also right on calling out journalists for turning a blind eye to You/Sex Education's numbers (i think only Vanderwerff talked about them really)

5 minutes ago, Maddox said:

Well...

He was also right on calling out journalists for turning a blind eye to You/Sex Education's numbers (i think only Vanderwerff talked about them really)

Whatever situation let's the writers not stress out and produce the highest quality possible is fine but I'm dying over here lol.

What about the numbers? I didn't pay attention to them :skull: were they bad?

10 minutes ago, Wicked said:

Whatever situation let's the writers not stress out and produce the highest quality possible is fine but I'm dying over here lol.

What about the numbers? I didn't pay attention to them :skull: were they bad?

He's saying the '40 million viewers' figure for You/Sex Education is definitely inflated and yet no one looked into it

Netflix needs to provide some actual data to clock him cause this is not a good look for them

Russion Doll was dope, I actually enjoyed it and surprisingly didn't find it repetitive to the point of getting boring as I thought I might. It kept me interested at least. Also glad it didn't end with some bs

Spoiler

'mystic power as the cause' thing, instead leaving it up in the air..

Loved the main male lead, his scene

Spoiler

admitting to suicide with tears

was brilliant imo. I almost liked him more than Natasha herself, who also proved herself as a good lead. That other girl from that played his girlfriend though could have been replaced, ugh. Not believable at all. Also that odd scene where they

Spoiler

tried to humanise the jerk that she was cheating with by having him walk in with his child

was a bit out of place in my opinion. Idk if i'm interested in a second season.. I don't see where they can take it without going through the whole thing again.. 

Edit: Added spoilers for @FutureHive who hasn't seen it yet. 

18 minutes ago, Maddox said:

Welp.

I'm dying at this

I completely forgot about Legion. :rip: Wish it had a bigger budget.

I watched the Amazon Hanna pilot, I enjoyed it, left me wanting more. I've never seen the movie so it was all new to me/nothing to compare it to. 

and yas @ Fargo S4 happening :duca: also excited for Fosse/Verdon 

22 minutes ago, Maddox said:

He's saying the '40 million viewers' figure for You/Sex Education is definitely inflated and yet no one looked into it

Netflix needs to provide some actual data to clock him cause this is not a good look for them

Looked it up, the figure is based off if a person watched 70% of one episode.

Realistically, YOU as an overall season of TV only had 8M viewers which is a lot more believable and still great lol. There's no way YOU or Sex Ed are bigger than GoT or TWD. :skull: They tried it.

21 minutes ago, Wicked said:

Welp.

I'm dying at this

King of pandering to the #ArtNotTheCharts folks lol

Netflix was found fuming and in debt

18 minutes ago, KasioKas said:

I completely forgot about Legion. :rip: Wish it had a bigger budget.

I'm glad it's over, perfect time to pick up S2 around summer

13 minutes ago, Staryu said:

I watched the Amazon Hanna pilot, I enjoyed it, left me wanting more. I've never seen the movie so it was all new to me/nothing to compare it to. 

and yas @ Fargo S4 happening :duca: also excited for Fosse/Verdon 

I loved the movie + preview looked kinda tragic; i'm waiting til the entire thing is out to judge

The praise i'm seeing online for white Michelle is killing me :jonny: I need it now!

3 minutes ago, Wicked said:

Looked it up, the figure is based off if a person watched 70% of one episode.

Realistically, YOU as an overall season of TV only had 8M viewers which is a lot more believable and still great lol. There's no way YOU or Sex Ed are bigger than GoT or TWD. :skull: They tried it.

At least that sounds like a more reasonable number + still impressive considering its performance on Lifetime. They need to be more transparent now that they keep flushing TV shows like no other