Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

TV Fanatics 📺 | Emmy Season Approaching!

7,369 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Wicked said:

Hype! Will check it out tonight.

Until then make sure not to watch any clip, it'll ruin the fun!

4 hours ago, Wicked said:

You're right. Even if they're hyped (Mr. Robot) the ratings are tragic :skull:

3 hours ago, Leptine said:

'You' has truly became a huge hit show after being put on Netflix while on Lifetime nobody cared... This thing will influence a lot next future shows debut, Netflix is truly destroying tv and now they will even manage (thing almost sure at this point) to even win an Oscar for best picture and with a black and white movie in spanish, having the most expensive Oscar campign ever... Like this would have been considered sci-fi only one year ago... There was a moment in which they seemed on the verge on the flop but they truly came back with vengeance.

Idk if either of you read abt it online, but there was a discussion abt how the Lifetime brand hurt the show b4 it came on Netflix hence why the low ratings compared to the reactions now from ppl who are describing it as this smart antihero drama (which is half true)

I feel like Netflix was doing good in terms of saving the niche cancelled shows (a rare habit from them these days). My only issue is that they seem to inspire more networks into making these calculated basic series.. (suddenly everyone wants to jump into the teen/highschool dramedies trend which is the most tired genre imo  :zzz:)

As for the Roma campaign idk... I'm glad they get to invest into these ambitious projects, not to forget you can always find a precious indie gem here and there! Do i think Netflix is cocky and full of trash? Yes, but is it going to ruin TV/Film? idk abt that

teen drama's is one of my fav genre's. **** CW tho

I watched Bodyguard, it was alright, I liked the premiere and finale the most, they were the most exciting episodes. I feel like the plot got a little muddled in the middle, overall I enjoyed it enough I guess? Watching The Deuce season 1 now

2 hours ago, Maddox said:

can't wait for season 3 :duca: 

2 hours ago, Maddox said:

Idk if either of you read abt it online, but there was a discussion abt how the Lifetime brand hurt the show b4 it came on Netflix hence why the low ratings compared to the reactions now from ppl who are describing it as this smart antihero drama (which is half true)

I feel like Netflix was doing good in terms of saving the niche cancelled shows (a rare habit from them these days). My only issue is that they seem to inspire more networks into making these calculated basic series.. (suddenly everyone wants to jump into the teen/highschool dramedies trend which is the most tired genre imo  :zzz:)

As for the Roma campaign idk... I'm glad they get to invest into these ambitious projects, not to forget you can always find a precious indie gem here and there! Do i think Netflix is cocky and full of trash? Yes, but is it going to ruin TV/Film? idk abt that

Well for sure Lifetime hasn't exactly a good reputation when it comes to shows in general, they started to go in the right direction with 'UnReal' but they also ruined it... I'm pretty sure that if the CW would have aired 'You', the result would be the same... 'Riverdale' was successful because it's released on Amazon and Netflix at the same time.

It's a matter of popularity, Netflix has just became basically the Spotify of tv when it comes to audience and gp and people check tv always more less, so the same show has more opportunity to reach a bigger audience there.

5 hours ago, Maddox said:

Until then make sure not to watch any clip, it'll ruin the fun!

I'm tired of teen dramadies too. Honestly they need to make a university set show (email me @ Landgraff)

but yeah idk about it ruining tv and Lifetime, along with networks like TNT, CW & USA Network has negative stigmas.

Hope the Y: The Last Man reboot stays true to Yorick.

He's like worlds biggest TV/Film hipster and makes countless references to things no one has ever seen.

yas TGF season 3 March 14th :duca: CBS only posts 1 episode a week though right? :jonny: 

14 hours ago, Wicked said:

I'm tired of teen dramadies too. Honestly they need to make a university set show (email me @ Landgraff)

but yeah idk about it ruining tv and Lifetime, along with networks like TNT, CW & USA Network has negative stigmas.

The genre definitely peaked with SKAM, everything after that just seems like a cheap copy and i'm tired of it.

10 hours ago, Staryu said:

yas TGF season 3 March 14th :duca: CBS only posts 1 episode a week though right? :jonny: 

Yes! The TV Emmy award season is going to be so crowded ugh

-

The Obama lookalike scene on High Maintenance :dies: 

46 minutes ago, Maddox said:

Everything except Flack looks good.

City on A Hill coming sooner than I expected lmao. TCA before FX's panel is so boring I forgot about it.

That's nice about the Wayne pilot but we need the audience to stream the whole thing like they did Cobra Kai. (Wayne is much better too)

I want to watch Wayne but I do not have the money for more subscription services, I'm at my limit :deadbanana2: Netflix, Hulu, Prime, HBO, Spotify, PS+, Nintendo Switch Online, and CBS when The Good Fight starts :rip: 

The series will return for eight more episodes. Filming is set to being in the spring. :duca: 

7 hours ago, Wicked said:

Everything except Flack looks good.

City on A Hill coming sooner than I expected lmao. TCA before FX's panel is so boring I forgot about it.

That's nice about the Wayne pilot but we need the audience to stream the whole thing like they did Cobra Kai. (Wayne is much better too)

The Flack trailer just spoiled the entire plot lol + Anna Paquin's character looks insufferable already

Youtube got no choice but to renew Wayne, there's nothing like it in term of buzz rn (aside from Cobra Kai)

Can we talk abt how the recent two episodes of You're The Worst are very average (especially compared to the flawless premiere)

6 hours ago, Staryu said:

I want to watch Wayne but I do not have the money for more subscription services, I'm at my limit :deadbanana2: Netflix, Hulu, Prime, HBO, Spotify, PS+, Nintendo Switch Online, and CBS when The Good Fight starts :rip: 

There was an article abt youtube premium becoming free but with ads (i don't know when it's going to happen tho)

Idk about Anna I haven't seen her since that vamp show, the premise reminds me of a less political scandal esque show I might at least check out the pilot..?

Edit: Who am I kidding no I won't.

on season 3 of Justified

10 hours ago, Maddox said:

Can we talk abt how the recent two episodes of You're The Worst are very average (especially compared to the flawless premiere)

I was going to say!! Ugh :( The show lost it's magic a while ago, let's just hope the rest of the home stretch is great.

Corporate is killing it tho.

6 hours ago, Wicked said:

I was going to say!! Ugh :( The show lost it's magic a while ago, let's just hope the rest of the home stretch is great.

Corporate is killing it tho.

I mean there are some small moments of maturity sprinkled around but the silly tone it's going for rn doesn't feel right... The last episode was very cbs sitcom-ish i felt disgusted :biblio:

I loved that the recent Corporate episode proved it could go beyond the CollegeHumor relatable skit approach. Like there's actually a worthy conversation to treat aside from the bleak humor

12 hours ago, KasioKas said:

Idk about Anna I haven't seen her since that vamp show, the premise reminds me of a less political scandal esque show I might at least check out the pilot..?

Edit: Who am I kidding no I won't.

it looks like it'll get cancelled after 1 season so it's pointless

What's happening with search party? It's been too long since i last heard abt it