TV Fanatics 📺 | Emmy Season Approaching!

6,998 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Homogenic said:

Is The West Wing a good series? I feel like I'm going to cancel my Netflix subscription after I watch Maniac because I don't feel like watching any of the shows they have at the moment and download something else.

Or does anyone have like good politics/law-related series recommendations?

i needed a dictionary on stand-by to watch a few episodes of The West Wing

6 hours ago, Homogenic said:

Is The West Wing a good series? I feel like I'm going to cancel my Netflix subscription after I watch Maniac because I don't feel like watching any of the shows they have at the moment and download something else.

Or does anyone have like good politics/law-related series recommendations?

Yes, but the dialogue is very dense and not the most accessible. TWW is the best you're gonna get for an American political drama.

4 hours ago, Maddox said:

There goes one of FX's Emmy magnets :rip: probably won't get it until late this year, but good to hear they didn't take another break.

after im done rewatching Justified. gonna make plans to rewatch (prime)Shameless next. and then much later (prime)It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

9 hours ago, Wicked said:

There goes one of FX's Emmy magnets :rip: probably won't get it until late this year, but good to hear they didn't take another break.

well, FX actually still has S3 scheduled for 2019 but how they are gonna make it with Donald's concerts and Lion King promo run is a huge mystery for me

4 hours ago, Mr.Fenty said:

well, FX actually still has S3 scheduled for 2019 but how they are gonna make it with Donald's concerts and Lion King promo run is a huge mystery for me

the rumors are true. donald glover and childish gambino are 2 different ppl

10 minutes ago, FutureHive said:

the rumors are true. donald glover and childish gambino are 2 different ppl

On 1/23/2019 at 8:49 PM, Maddox said:

@Mr Greenbird The SKY Castle pilot was okay, very Desperate Housewives. Though there's isn't a clear character for me to root for yet (the husbands are insufferable) but i like where it's going! read online that it's gets much better so that's encouraging

Yup it really is.

I thought same but I got a housewife I really like :P

5 hours ago, Mr Greenbird said:

Yup it really is.

Came to post this, Eighty-Sixed was cute but nothing special.

Hope it's as good as Curb, but the pressure being put on her already :skull:

12 hours ago, Mr Greenbird said:

Yup it really is.

I'm guessing it's lee soo-im? (on ep 4 rn)

-

Amazon Prime Video has given a pilot green light to Half-Empty, a single-camera comedy co-written by and starring Cazzie David, the 24-year-old daughter of Larry David, a social media star who has been hailed as the new Lena Dunham.

one is already enough

1 hour ago, Maddox said:

I'm guessing it's lee soo-im? (on ep 4 rn)

-

one is already enough

omg :bibliahh:Her team need to request a revision --unlike Lena-- Cazzie isn't allergic to anyone who isn't a rich white gal; she doesn't seem like a trash bag so far...

1 hour ago, Wicked said:

omg :bibliahh:Her team need to request a revision --unlike Lena-- Cazzie isn't allergic to anyone who isn't a rich white gal; she doesn't seem like a trash bag so far...

I just checked the 1st episode of her web series. I can see the similarities with Curb!

Also she doesn't seem as obnoxious as Lena

-

We deserved a 4th season  :'( Either way excited for her new projects!

spent an afternoon binging Derry Girls. funny

Haven't seen the R. Kelly docuseries yet, but my top 3 would be Corporate/Wayne/Sex Education

Edit: Replace Sex Education with Crazy Ex-Girlfirend

since i liked Titans so much. adding Young Justice to my watchlist

3 hours ago, Maddox said:

Lindsay Lohan's Beach Club

needed an excuse to watch more reality TV, guess this is it 

15 hours ago, FutureHive said:

needed an excuse to watch more reality TV, guess this is it 

I've been seeing a lot of positive reactions to it, surprised it's not talked abt much in here.

-

This week's Corporate was genius :jonny:just wow!!

35 minutes ago, Maddox said:

I've been seeing a lot of positive reactions to it, surprised it's not talked abt much in here.

Put it on Netflix and watch it smash...

I mean, remember when we basically were the only 2 people anticipating 'You', basically nobody cared about it when it was on Lifetime, after being put on Netflix... I-

Tv, except for some cables like HBO-FX is literally dead.

1 hour ago, Maddox said:

This week's Corporate was genius :jonny:just wow!!

Hype! Will check it out tonight.

33 minutes ago, Leptine said:

I mean, remember when we basically were the only 2 people anticipating 'You', basically nobody cared about it when it was on Lifetime, after being put on Netflix... I-

You're right. Even if they're hyped (Mr. Robot) the ratings are tragic :skull:

33 minutes ago, Leptine said:

Put it on Netflix and watch it smash...

i put You on my watchlist b4 netflix 

7 minutes ago, FutureHive said:

i put You on my watchlist b4 netflix 

LOL, I meant the GP, but you still have waited until the Netflix smash to jump on board.

-

'You' has truly became a huge hit show after being put on Netflix while on Lifetime nobody cared... This thing will influence a lot next future shows debut, Netflix is truly destroying tv and now they will even manage (thing almost sure at this point) to even win an Oscar for best picture and with a black and white movie in spanish, having the most expensive Oscar campign ever... Like this would have been considered sci-fi only one year ago... There was a moment in which they seemed on the verge on the flop but they truly came back with vengeance.

Now Apocalypse got a positive review from Sundance.

I'm surprised by that, it just looks like it'd be panned.

27 minutes ago, Leptine said:

LOL, I meant the GP, but you still have waited until the Netflix smash to jump on board.

-

'You' has truly became a huge hit show after being put on Netflix while on Lifetime nobody cared... This thing will influence a lot next future shows debut, Netflix is truly destroying tv and now they will even manage (thing almost sure at this point) to even win an Oscar for best picture and with a black and white movie in spanish, having the most expensive Oscar campign ever... Like this would have been considered sci-fi only one year ago... There was a moment in which they seemed on the verge on the flop but they truly came back with vengeance.

thats cuz i dont like torrenting shows cuz they're not on netflix.

if it flopped but was on netflix id still watch