Cute

okay ladies from ontario..whos voting who in the PROVINCIAL ELECTIONS

LoveLiveMusic
On 2018-04-17 at 8:30 PM, Cute said:

okay ladies from ontario..whos voting who in the PROVINCIAL ELECTIONS

Apparently all the wrong people. 

exfactor003
On 2018-03-09 at 5:47 PM, LoveLiveMusic said:

I’m several months late, but wow @ that lineup. I’d consider going for sure if I wasn’t already seeing Mariah on 5th July.

LoveLiveMusic

Oh god. I’m not ready for this. 

ABEL-o-matic

:clap3: Teachers and Nurses are EXEMPTED from hiring freeze. :clap3: @Mezik You're in good hands, bby :clap3:

Btw, wanna meet over lunch one day?  My office is near U station. :gaycat4: I can't give direct hints where I work, I am paranoid of being doxxed.

LoveLiveMusic

The end of an era. :weeps: 

new evolution

Wasaga Beach makes Shawn Desman concert free after low ticket sales

WASAGA BEACH, Ont. -- An Ontario beach town has dropped the price of entry to a Shawn Desman concert this weekend after struggling to sell tickets to the event as part of its Canada Day festivities.

Municipal officials in Wasaga Beach announced that the Toronto pop singer's Saturday performance had been made free to the public in a news release earlier this week.

The release says ticket buyers will be automatically reimbursed, and those who won a chance to see Desman perform will be invited to take part in a "meet and greet" with the Juno winner.

The board overseeing the event recommended that council approve a budget increase of up to $53,000 to cover the loss in ticket revenues.

Council documents suggest that only 17 tickets had been purchased roughly three weeks ahead of the concert.

Desman addressed the price cut in a tweet Friday evening, saying it doesn't matter to him how many people are at the show.

"I've played to 17, 170, 1700 and 17,000 people," the pop star tweeted from his verified account. "(I) do it for the love, not for the fame."

Desman attached an image to his tweet with the words, "The unhappiest people in this world, are those who care the most about what other people think."

What a joke :bibliahh: and his claim that he played to 17k people is just the icing on the cake

Mezik

My Ontario pals / GTA pals, I need advice about my future / career.

I have graduated from a 3-year diploma (Behavioural Sciences), and moved to Toronto with my boyfriend to initially upgrade to an Honours Degree.. however I was approached on LinkedIn for a full-time job, that pays quite well for my field and has benefits. I now don't know what to do. :'( 

Get my degree, and turn down this offer hoping something will happen once I graduate? Or do I take the job, and hope that if somewhere down the line that I get another good job offer? :dancehall: 

Psychology is such a tough field to get a related career in, and now that I have one within my grasps I am serious at a stumble of what to do..

brianc33710

My girlfriend is from Winnipeg, MB. In the short run, she may move in with me here in Tampa Bay. But, in the long run, we plan to move back to Winnipeg, and we plan to elope there. I've read quite a bit about Winnipeg, but I'd like to hear from others about the prairie provinces. Can someone please help me here?

Mezik
7 hours ago, brianc33710 said:

My girlfriend is from Winnipeg, MB. In the short run, she may move in with me here in Tampa Bay. But, in the long run, we plan to move back to Winnipeg, and we plan to elope there. I've read quite a bit about Winnipeg, but I'd like to hear from others about the prairie provinces. Can someone please help me here?

Winnipeg isn't the nicest of Canadian cities, and has a lot of socio-economic issues.. (compared to it's population size, I'd say it's more troublesome than Toronto).

Prairie provinces are definitely for those who like simpler lives, even the border USA states are lame. :rip: 

brianc33710
On 7/10/2018 at 1:23 PM, Mezik said:

Winnipeg isn't the nicest of Canadian cities, and has a lot of socio-economic issues.. (compared to it's population size, I'd say it's more troublesome than Toronto).

Prairie provinces are definitely for those who like simpler lives, even the border USA states are lame. :rip: 

First of all, thank you @Mezik for getting back with me. Hopefully others on here can help me out too. Janice actually has family living in every province from BC to QC.

Also, having been born and raised in Birmingham, AL, I definitely know about boring places to live lol. Winnipeg is definitely less dull than my hometown.

Tampa Bay obviously has much more to do and has a far superior climate to Winnipeg. Also, almost all  of my closest friends here (90% from the two Tampa rugby clubs). But, to really see whether the grass is greener there, I need to actually try living somewhere outside of the US to make that decision for myself. 

Janice is originally from SK, but has lived in MB for over 15 years. From my rather extensive research on Winnipeg, I know that I can buy really nice homes at a great price, and that the cost of living is substantially less than here. Also, Janice says home prices climb considerably as you get into AB and BC.

Mezik
5 hours ago, brianc33710 said:

First of all, thank you @Mezik for getting back with me. Hopefully others on here can help me out too. Janice actually has family living in every province from BC to QC.

Also, having been born and raised in Birmingham, AL, I definitely know about boring places to live lol. Winnipeg is definitely less dull than my hometown.

Tampa Bay obviously has much more to do and has a far superior climate to Winnipeg. Also, almost all  of my closest friends here (90% from the two Tampa rugby clubs). But, to really see whether the grass is greener there, I need to actually try living somewhere outside of the US to make that decision for myself. 

Janice is originally from SK, but has lived in MB for over 15 years. From my rather extensive research on Winnipeg, I know that I can buy really nice homes at a great price, and that the cost of living is substantially less than here. Also, Janice says home prices climb considerably as you get into AB and BC.

Winnipeg is a great city if you want to own a home in a large city, as you are right real estate is lower there than other major Canadian cities.

I see you like hockey so that’ll be a good fit as well, and there’s a CFL team as well for sports. As well there’s several universities so it has stuff that attracts that population. 

It isnt bad, but growing up in ON I find all the prairies boring, BC overpriced and Easterm Canada nonexistent. :laugh: 

LoveLiveMusic

I hope all you Ontario girls were safe! Never thought I’d be so close to a tornado before. (Was in Kanata when it hit). 

Hollywood.

Tornado's out east, and snow out west. Quite the week in Canada weather.

---

Also do you folks support Canada hosting the 2026 Winter Olympics? They are having a public vote in November here on whether they should bid. I feel like it will win, but just barely. Would be interesting for Canada to host both the Olympics and World Cup in the same year.

brianc33710
17 hours ago, Hollywood. said:

---

Also do you folks support Canada hosting the 2026 Winter Olympics? They are having a public vote in November here on whether they should bid. I feel like it will win, but just barely. Would be interesting for Canada to host both the Olympics and World Cup in the same year.

Yeah. My fiancee said Winnipeg, MB itself officially missed out on the snow. But she said the northern suburbs unexpectedly got hit. And, she sent me links about the large tornadoes in and around Ontario too.

brianc33710
17 hours ago, Hollywood. said:

---

Canada and the US will also jointly host the Rugby League World Championship in 2025. I think Toronto, ON and Philadelphia, PA hosts the centers for most of these games.  Rugby League is probably my favorite sport, having reported on the sport (and tried to explain to non RLers) throughout the SE US.

new evolution

@brianc33710 I'm not exactly familiar with Winnipeg, but if their real estate market is as outrageous as it is here in the GTA then I wouldn't buy any house atm. It's a bubble that's waiting to pop

Hollywood.
2 hours ago, brianc33710 said:

Yeah. My fiancee said Winnipeg, MB itself officially missed out on the snow. But she said the northern suburbs unexpectedly got hit. And, she sent me links about the large tornadoes in and around Ontario too.

Edmonton and central Alberta got whalloped. 10-15cm, which is insane even for Alberta in September. Calgary was forecast to get up to 8cm, but escaped with mostly freezing rain. Any snow melted as it hit the ground.

However, it looks like the real cold is coming next week. 20-25 degrees below normal. This will probably be the longest extended period of cold weather in late summer/early fall in a long time. Alberta BETTER be getting a nice late fall/winter to make up for this.

brianc33710
14 hours ago, Hollywood. said:

Edmonton and central Alberta got whalloped. 10-15cm, which is insane even for Alberta in September. Calgary was forecast to get up to 8cm, but escaped with mostly freezing rain. Any snow melted as it hit the ground.

However, it looks like the real cold is coming next week. 20-25 degrees below normal. This will probably be the longest extended period of cold weather in late summer/early fall in a long time. Alberta BETTER be getting a nice late fall/winter to make up for this.

Haha! Hopefully that'll see that the weather turns warmer. The University of Alberta, which is in Edmonton, has the PhD and Fellowship programs for Mass Communications. Manitoba doesn't have that direction of studies. 

brianc33710
On 9/23/2018 at 11:51 AM, new evolution said:

@brianc33710 I'm not exactly familiar with Winnipeg, but if their real estate market is as outrageous as it is here in the GTA then I wouldn't buy any house atm. It's a bubble that's waiting to pop

We've already started working with a realtor. We've told him what we're looking for. Since US$ > CAN$, I can get more for my money than if the situation was reserved.

I go up there in March-April to elope, and l look at homes then. We wouldn't move until late Aug-early September. 

brianc33710
9 hours ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

@brianc33710 thoughts on Head Above Water?

DOYwSCtWAAABbSr.jpg

No. I haven't heard the song. I'll check it out later today.