HDD: #1 Logic 120k SPS (75% streams)

Luis

YOUR TOP 20: LOGIC PREVAILS

Logic will debut at #1 this week with his new mixtape, Bobby Tarantino II. Both Logic and the latest from Lil Yachty will see the majority of their totals come from streaming. Old-school retail still drives rock, however, with both Judas Priest and Jimi Hendrixeach collecting over 95% of their totals from CD and vinyl sales. David Byrne appears headed to the Top 5 on the strength of a ticket bundle, which will make up most of his debut week. 

1. *Logic (Def Jam) 115-125k SPS, 30-33k Sales
  2. Black Panther (TDE/Aftermath/Interscope) 64-69k, 10-12k
  3. *Lil Yachty (Quality Control/Motown/Capitol) 62-67k, 7-8k
  4. *David Byrne (Nonesuch) 56-60k, 55-59k
  5. The Greatest Showman (Atlantic) 48-52k, 30-33k
  6. Migos (Quality Control/Motown/Capitol) 46-50k, 3-4k
  7. *Judas Priest (Epic) 42-46k, 41-45k
  8. *Jimi Hendrix (Legacy) 32-35k, 31-34k
  9. Post Malone (Republic) 31-34k, 2-3k
  10. Ed Sheeran (Atlantic) 30-33k, 10-12k
  11. *Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats (Stax/Concord) 25-28k, 24-27k
  12. Imagine Dragons (Kidinakorner/Interscope) 25-28k, 8-9k
  13. Camila Cabello (SYCO/Epic) 25-28k, 4-5k
  14. Kendrick Lamar (TDE/Aftermath/Interscope) 23-26k, 5-6k
  15. Tory Lanez (Mad Love/Interscope) 22-25k, 3-4k
  16. 6ix9ine (Scumgang/Tenthousand) 20-23k, 1-2k
  17. Bruno Mars (Atlantic) 20-23k, 6-7k
  18. Khalid (Right Hand Music) 19-22k, 2-3k
  19. Lil Uzi Vert (Generation Now/Atlantic) 18-21k, <1k
  20. Justin Timberlake (RCA) 18-21k, 9-11k
  21. Three Days Grace (RCA) 14-17k, 13-15k

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=3109

Logic's Bobby Tarantino II should land at #1 on next Friday's chart; streams will make up nearly 75% of its total. Streams may make up an even larger share of Lil Yachty's Lil Boat 2. The opposite is true for two classic-rock debuts, Jimi Hendrix and Judas Priest, both of which will collect almost all of their totals from traditional album sales. 

Logic (Def Jam) 110-125k total activity, 27-32k album
Lil Yachty (Quality Control/Motown/Capitol) 60-70k, 8-10k album
Jimi Hendrix (Legacy) 29-34k, 28-32k
Judas Priest (Epic) 27-32k, 26-31k
Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats (Stax/Concord) 27-32k, 25-30k
Three Days Grace (RCA) 14-17k, 13-15k

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=310901

Edited by Luis

Metamorphosis

He has a new album out? :rip:

2 minutes ago, robotdanger said:

He has a new album out? :rip:

I think it’s a mixtape

:clap3:

Wow, I didn't even know he had a new project out.

I think he just has a super solid fanbase, didn't his last album have a huge 2nd week drop?

Sold more albums my first week than Harry Styles and Katy Perry 
If that ain't a sign of the times then I don't know what is, man this **** is scary 

Karma sis :fan:  

Very good numbers considering it’s a mixtape.

An improvement for Yachty on his debut, good for him.

Just now, Temporal said:

If that ain't a sign of the times then I don't know what is, man this **** is scary 

if they dropped a mixtape it would do 50k

2 minutes ago, Temporal said:

That's shockingly good for a mixtape.

Just now, FutureHive said:

if they dropped a mixtape it would do 50k

Yes, I'm sure if Harry Styles and Katy Perry released a mixtape it would bomb. Excellent point! :toofunny3: 

I was just kidding anyways :keir: His mixtape is cute.

Y’all need to learn what a mixtape is. This is an album. You can call and album a mixtape but it’s still an album.

Three days grace is still together and releasing music :deadbanana2:

3 hours ago, Domination said:

Y’all need to learn what a mixtape is. This is an album. You can call and album a mixtape but it’s still an album.

It’s a mixtape, and it was announced like last week. There’s no physical copies. Every rapper does this Lil Wayne, Drake, Migos, Future...

This is a major improvement from BT1 which sold 19k first week and peaked at number 12.

Edited by dussymob

28 minutes ago, dussymob said:

It’s a mixtape, and it was announced like last week. There’s no physical copies. Every rapper does this Lil Wayne, Drake, Migos, Future...

This is a major improvement from BT1 which sold 19k first week and peaked at number 12.

Those are all albums too. If you're selling it for money, using original beats, and leading the production, it's not a mixtape.

1 minute ago, Domination said:

Those are all albums too. If you're selling it for money, using original beats, and leading the production, it's not a mixtape.

Well think of it as a EP then. It’s not gonna be promoted like an album is what I’m saying. 

Katy and Harry wouldn't be able to announce an album one week before it drops with no real lead single and no physical sales and still have it do 100k+ SPS. :cm:

After his recent ego-filled lyrics I lowkey hate him. So sad he went number one again. Whatever, he gave Alessia a TOP 3 hit even if the song was trash.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Adele said:

After his recent ego-filled lyrics I lowkey hate him. So sad he went number one again. Whatever, he gave Alessia a TOP 3 hit even if the song was trash.

Stay pressed.

Just now, dussymob said:

Stay pressed.

I will

dussymob

4 hours ago, Domination said:

He literally says in the intro that it's a mixtape. It was announced 3 days ago.

OT: Amazing numbers for a mixtape :clap3: 32k with only digital sales is much more than I expected.

4 hours ago, Temporal said:

It's a mixtape. It's doing well.

2 minutes ago, Burqa said:

He literally says in the intro that it's a mixtape. It was announced 3 days ago.

OT: Amazing numbers for a mixtape :clap3: 32k with only digital sales is much more than I expected.

It doesn't make a difference what he calls it, if he's selling it for money, it's not a mixtape. :skull:

4 hours ago, Domination said:

The difference is pre-production. Mixtapes doesn't have a huge budget. While technically they are all albums, mixtapes usually do not enjoy the benefits of a full era. Most record labels would only distribute these "albums" but would have very minimal support to none promoting it.

The numbers are great when you factor in everything.

3 minutes ago, jomarr said:

The difference is pre-production. Mixtapes doesn't have a huge budget. While technically they are all albums, mixtapes usually do not enjoy the benefits of a full era. Most record labels would only distribute these "albums" but would have very minimal support to none promoting it.

The numbers are great when you factor in everything.

Still not a mixtape. Mixtapes have had a legitimate for basically all of the word's use except for the past few years when every artists wants to call an album they want to be able to distance themselves from "a mixtape". Mixtapes don't usually feature mostly original productions and don't cost money.

In 2018, especially for rappers, there isn't really much of a difference between a mixtape and an album, especially as most of their units come from streaming.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.