Why did Lorde destroy Supercut?

25 posts in this topic

Why? Why would she do that to this amazing song? BYE LORDE

Ruined everything, how did they ruin the perfect pre-chorus?? Like, sis...

Resultado de imagem para im disgusted gif

the original Supercut is one of the best on Melodrama i can't believe she would do this to it :cries:

Can't be ruined for me if I've never heard the remix :fan:

Well the era wasn't exactly as successful as they seemed to anticipate, I guess she hoped these awful remixes would help. Original songs >

First of all - she didn't do it, Run the Jewels did.

Secondly, it's interesting.

Just now, Illuminati said:

Well the era wasn't exactly as successful as they seemed to anticipate, I guess she hoped these awful remixes would help. Original songs >

:rip: This remix is hardly a promotional tool - she emailed it to people in her mailing list and that was that. Maybe it's on Spotify right now, IDK.

God knows why the Melodrama singles didn't do better but whatever - the album is too high brow and complex for the ugly GP. :fan: 

2 minutes ago, Reinvention said:

:rip: This remix is hardly a promotional tool - she emailed it to people in her mailing list and that was that. Maybe it's on Spotify right now, IDK.

God knows why the Melodrama singles didn't do better but whatever - the album is too high brow and complex for the ugly GP. :fan: 

it is promotional. it's for the tour she and Run the Jewels are on

2 minutes ago, Reinvention said:

Ok then what about Homemade Dynamite one that people disliked too? :rip: 

It’s an amazing remix what you mean :biblio:

Just now, Little Dark Age said:

it is promotional. it's for the tour she and Run the Jewels are on

Oh no, don't tell me that people that go to see her live have to listen to this version of Supercut

Omg this remix is ****ing amazing

1 minute ago, Illuminati said:

Oh no, don't tell me that people that go to see her live have to listen to this version of Supercut

idk. I couldn't get tickets

This version is good tho

6 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

Ok then what about Homemade Dynamite one that people disliked too? :rip: 

Um that remix is verified flawless though.

4 minutes ago, Reinvention said:

Um that remix is verified flawless though.

said no one, ever :skull: solo >>>

Just now, Illuminati said:

said no one, ever :skull: solo >>>

I'm siding with @Reinvention on this one

the remix is excellent. album version can not relate

Illuminati

12 minutes ago, Pandora said:

Omg this remix is ****ing amazing

8 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

This version is good tho

hmm have you heard the original? this is absolute **** compared to that one. Unless you guys are being sarcastic...

2 minutes ago, Little Dark Age said:

I'm siding with @Reinvention on this one

the remix is excellent. album version can not relate

Illuminati

nnn that's not what people said when it was released. I still prefer the solo version

She wanted to flop

34 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

TBH.  Perfect Places was the only song on the album that seemed single worthy. Everything else on the album was too obscure and slow for Radio.

24 minutes ago, AALIYAH DANA said:

TBH.  Perfect Places was the only song on the album that seemed single worthy. Everything else on the album was too obscure and slow for Radio.

Homemade Dynamite was single worthy, it was even doing nicely on Spotify before Lorde decided to go with Perfect Places (and it FLOPPED)

3 minutes ago, Mr. Adele said:

Homemade Dynamite was single worthy, it was even doing nicely on Spotify before Lorde decided to go with Perfect Places (and it FLOPPED)

Oh yeah, Homemade Dynamite was a bop. But I vaguely remember HMD was SUPPOSE to be the second single, but they changed it last minute because of the Paris bombing, and went with PP.

33 minutes ago, AALIYAH DANA said:

Oh yeah, Homemade Dynamite was a bop. But I vaguely remember HMD was SUPPOSE to be the second single, but they changed it last minute because of the Paris bombing, and went with PP.

Most likely the Manchester bombing which came just before Lorde was due to perform in a couple of live performances in the UK (Jools Holland and BBC radio 1 Big Weekend). Needless to say, she did Green Light and Homemade Dynamite was nowhere on the setlist.

OT - there is nothing wrong with this remix as long as you don't think of it as part of Melodrama.

She’s on tour with Run the Jewels, and maybe they just thought that it’d be fun to remix this. It’s very in their style; I love it, even though the original remains superior.

55 minutes ago, AALIYAH DANA said:

I think it was the bombing in the Ariana show, but yeah that was some sad timing