Is Vanessa Williams the most underrated girl ever?

14 posts in this topic

Daydream

You often hear that Janet or someone else is the most underrated and unappreciated girl we've had in music. However what about Vanessa Williams? She rarely gets her props! It seems not everyone knows she sings either, as they just see her as an actress or Miss America. She is those things but she's a great singer too.

ItsJustMe.

at least she has that one classic smash

she can still sing very well

I love her

Tusk
10 minutes ago, ItsJustMe. said:

at least she has that one classic smash

Two.

Colors of the Wind

Armani👑

"Welcome to the comfort zone."

PrettyHurts

her singing career deserved A LOT more. Such a graceful voice and she's gorgeous of course. Still she had a great career as an actress

celinehit
32 minutes ago, Daydream said:

You often hear that Janet or someone else is the most underrated and unappreciated girl we've had in music. However what about Vanessa Williams? She rarely gets her props! It seems not everyone knows she sings either, as they just see her as an actress or Miss America. She is those things but she's a great singer too.

No, Teena Marie was and that's not even something to be questioned...I made a topic about it yesterday....Vanessa had what she deserved

Priyanka Chopra
3 hours ago, Tusk said:

Two.

Colors of the Wind

The movie version by Judy Kuhn is better and remembered

Solarie

I always wondered why was she such a huge flop after that one smash and couldn't sustain her career.

Supervixen

I used to listen to some of her songs, like, ages ago, but I never really looked into it much further. Her acting career >>>

Priyanka Chopra
31 minutes ago, Solarie said:

I always wondered why was she such a huge flop after that one smash and couldn't sustain her career.

She had two Top 5 hits after and one before Save the Best for Last

imperfect1

I just don't think that music was ever her primary focus. She's always acted, done Broadway, i think she even has a fashion line now. If she wanted to be a musician first I bet she could have. 

dreamloverfantasy

Yes she is underrated. And was extremely gorgeous. Could have done much more musically, but from what I understand that wasn't even her biggest priority. 

This is rnb PER_FEC_TION. :jonny:  Fits right in a playlist between Mariah's Melt Away and Toni's You're Makin' Me High :jonny: