Mississippi abortion court case could overturn Roe v. Wade

198 posts in this topic

@Divine I agree with you. Don't worry about them, liberals have that self-righteous attitude when in fact the issue is fully debatable. You'll find these very same people arguing against things like private property which, to me, are fundamental. With few exceptions which are morally tough, I disagree on abortion overall. Everybody should have the right to live and I'm not playing God to change it.

39 minutes ago, Communion said:

You're conflating things for no reason.

No one "kills" a fetus. 99.9% of fetuses that are removed from their mothers' womb is by the mother's choice. 

Abortion =/= Fetal homicide a la hitting a pregnant woman with a car.

Murder is wrong, be it murdering a human or an animal.

Abortion is simply not murder. Is circumcision murder? Is removing a spleen murder? 

Like I said I think mothers should be able to have abortions early on (as in well-before a baby can live on its own outside the womb) and yes even though I think they should be allowed that right I still think you are killing it in the sense that you're ending its life however that's not what I'd classify as "murder" either. Has its life started as a fetus? That is kind of up for debate. If it's not sentient or whatever that doesn't make it not biologically alive as being a fetus is an important part of life because you are already way past fertilization and growing into who you will be. And before y'all start, no, an alive sperm is not as important a part of life because you aren't growing as a single lone sperm and they die on their own. :skull: 

I think you're the one conflating things when you make a bold statement like "Murder is wrong, human or animal". :rip: Have you read Of Mice and Men?

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Like I said I think mothers should be able to have abortions early on (as in well-before a baby can live on its own outside the womb) and yes even though I think they should be allowed that right I still think you are killing it in the sense that you're ending its life however that's not what I'd classify as "murder" either. Has its life started as a fetus? That is kind of up for debate. If it's not sentient or whatever that doesn't make it not biologically alive as being a fetus is an important part of life because you are already way past fertilization and growing into who you will be. And before y'all start, no, an alive sperm is not as important a part of life because you aren't growing as a single lone sperm and they die on their own. :skull: 

I think you're the one conflating things when you make a bold statement like "Murder is wrong, human or animal". :rip: Have you read Of Mice and Men?

Do you apply this same logic to blades of grass or oysters?

messy but they would never

1zEjP9f.gif

1 minute ago, Communion said:

Do you apply this same logic to blades of grass or oysters?

You just dismissed my entire well thought out post to ask me this inane question comparing a growing human to blades of grass? Are you OK?

giphy.gif

Just now, Scotty said:

You just dismissed my entire well thought out post to ask me this inane question comparing a growing human to blades of grass? Are you OK?

giphy.gif

No, you suggested a living organism is still living even if it's not sentient.

And it's like... well, duh. But if intelligence and sentience - ie: the ability to feel and think - is what gives personhood, organism that cannot think or feel pain are below those which can, for humans and animals. Oysters cannot feel pain. A dog or pig can. A fetus cannot feel pain. A 3-year-old can. My point is that there's a very clear way of understanding personhood, and that's through sentience. The only way to put fetuses first is through anti-science religious babble. 

Is it unethical for a family to turn off the machine of a person who is brain-dead? Is personhood the functionality of the body or functionality of the brain? Is a person a person because they can think and feel pain, or because they're a living organism? If simply being a living organism is personhood, then most of what we know can be considered some type of personhood, but we know that things that cannot feel or think are not at the same personhood of of those that can. You even admit this when saying sperm is just sperm and it's okay when the sperm cells die.

It's fine for a family to take a brain-dead person off a machine just like it's fine to abort a fetus because neither can feel or think.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Chiidish said:

People really in here defending fetuses. Yikes.

They aren’t people, and they aren’t even smarter than your avaerage goldfish :deadbanana4:

They say it has "a heartbeat and brain" and that's what makes it human :deadbanana4: 

It can't think or feel; it's basically a husk with underdeveloped organs and is apart of a pregnant woman's body. And she can choose to abort it because she has the right to bodily autonomy.

No one should ever be forced to carry a pregnancy to full term. 

I'm all for keeping abortion legal, but let's not act like killing a fetus is some sort of moral high ground position. Abortion is a necessary evil in certain circumstances. Not some sort of human right.

Tragic. Just like some responses in this thread.

There's nothing I love more than men trying to tell me what I can or cannot do with my own body, truly. :ace:

1 hour ago, Gowno said:

@Divine I agree with you. Don't worry about them, liberals have that self-righteous attitude when in fact the issue is fully debatable. You'll find these very same people arguing against things like private property which, to me, are fundamental. With few exceptions which are morally tough, I disagree on abortion overall. Everybody should have the right to live and I'm not playing God to change it.

Yes, you do.

Roe v. Wade isn't being overturned though. Only the Supreme Court can do that.

Y'all wanna hear facts:

1) Late term abortions is illegal in the U.S.

2) Partial-birth abortion is illegal in the U.S.

So what exactly are they going off? Oh that's right, they want to ban abortion OF ALL CASES. That means the first trimester no matter of reasons for being pregnant. Oh and y'all think it'll stop there? The Trump administration has already rolled back mandates that healthcare providers must cover birth control pills. What about sex education? Trump's administration has ALSO cut funding for teen pregnancy prevention programs. Make no mistake: the conservatives want to control not only a woman but any human's ability to make decisions about their family.  

Disgusting. When are lawmakers going to stop controlling women's bodies?

5 minutes ago, JoJo said:

Roe v. Wade isn't being overturned though. Only the Supreme Court can do that.

It could go the courts with an appeal and the conservative SCOTUS may then overturn it. It's very possible.

11 minutes ago, King Maxx said:

It could go the courts with an appeal and the conservative SCOTUS may then overturn it. It's very possible.

Even if the Supreme Court does accept the appeal, I can't imagine Justice Kennedy siding with the rest of the conservatives. I'll only be worried if he and one of the liberal justices like  Justice Ginsburg end up dying during this presidential term, and they're replaced by religious nut-jobs.

Gays dont want anyone to tell them what they should do with their lives and choices but they want to decide what a woman should do with their body. The audacity. At the end of the day it's not your body so if you don't like people telling what to do with YOUR body then you have no business telling ANYONE what to do with theirs. 

bHtkzIK.gif

6 hours ago, Divine said:

Because I believe abortion is wrong, and there are almost always other options that don't involve killing the fetus.

Just because YOU believe that doesn't mean it should be forced on other ppl :michael:

I'm so glad I don't live in the USA. It seems like you guys are heading towards a theocracy. I'm sending y'all love from my third world country where abortion, same-sex marriage and euthanasia is legal.:heart2:

And BTW, I can not believe how people would really think that a fetus is more important than the life of a grown up woman. You cannot grant a fetus rights without taking them from a fully grown, experimented, and sentient being: a woman. I swear y'all the damage religion has done to us is beyond objective measure.

3 hours ago, HotHeaven said:

Gays dont want anyone to tell them what they should do with their lives and choices but they want to decide what a woman should do with their body. The audacity. At the end of the day it's not your body so if you don't like people telling what to do with YOUR body then you have no business telling ANYONE what to do with theirs. 

bHtkzIK.gif

Not apples to apples.

Some gay and bi men could and have gotten women pregnant and they have rights too!!!!!!

And abortion is more inhumane and less moral than homosexuality imo. Let’s not sis.

@Communion, I love you. This is the problem when people start to think their opinions are as important as facts. Fact check, they're not.

Please, go and read a basic science book before arguing with your emotions. Feeling something because of your indoctrination means nothing. 

Fifteen weeks is long enough time for women considering an abortion to get one. 

Well, to be fair, it's illegal after 15 weeks of pregnancy which is plenty of time. This is almost 4 solar months - an abortion given after the 3rd month can be hazardous for the woman's health.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

giphy.gif

He does this all the time. People here keep ignoring the fact that the woman has 15 weeks to do the abortion. This is plenty of time.

15 hours ago, Divine said:

Because I believe abortion is wrong, and there are almost always other options that don't involve killing the fetus.

:bibliahh: 

Until you decide to donate the difference in money between an abortion and the more expensive alternatives, you have no right to decide what women can do with their bodies.

16 hours ago, Communion said:

I've seen a lot of bad politics opinions and I think this somehow outdoes the user who said Hitler helped Europe. :skull:

You better be vegan and never have killed a fly. 

I felt so uncomfortable that I laughed :skull: