Greta Gerwig vs. Lena Dunham

27 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, yonsé said:

no, but i wouldnt call her "a voice of a generation" for that very reason. it's certainly clear that her view on the world as a millennial is limited. thanks for proving me right.

I just proved how wrong u are, but mkay. There's no such person who knows everything about anything. Limited view on world (which is most likely bigger than 70% of people on Earth) cannot make you a voice of a generation? Lmao. You don't get what I'm saying, do you?

30 minutes ago, Dax said:

I did and would not recommend anyone going through two years of pain and boredom to get little payoff at the end( which wasn’t a bad season). 

I’ve seen enough of Lena’s hairy vagina to know she ain’t my voice.

The ending was lackluster, it's true, but there will be closure in 10, 15 years to these stories like everyone from HBO to Lena has said.

Just now, Sugetzu said:

I just proved how wrong u are, but mkay. There's no such person who knows everything about anything. Limited view on world (which is most likely bigger than 70% of people on Earth) cannot make you a voice of a generation? Lmao. You don't get what I'm saying, do you?

The ending was lackluster, it's true, but there will be closure in 10, 15 years to these stories like everyone from HBO to Lena has said.

honey there are people out there her age who have lived much more broad, interesting, and diverse lives and have gained wisdom from those life experiences. she is a rich white girl from new york city who has lived in her white moderate bubble her whole life, never branching outside of that, something that she has admitted. she is no ones 'voice' but those in that little bubble maybe. clearly i struck a nerve and that happens to be you. but that is a very limited view on life, therefore she is not the voice of my generation; the generation of inclusiveness and progression. sorry about it sweetie.