Greta Gerwig vs. Lena Dunham

27 posts in this topic

Who do you think is the better voice of our generation?

I'm kinda sad Greta did Ladybird, cause Lena should've made a movie about her childhood pre-college first...

fswdmyP.jpg

This is literally so insulting to Greta, delete this.

Idk if this thread is supposed to be sarcastic or?

2 minutes ago, conatus said:

This is literally so insulting to Greta, delete this.

It's not.

They are both highly talented. And IMO Lena is more creative and has more to say.

Greta sweetie I'm so sorry

Like...

Girls alone >>>> Lady Bird, Mistress America and Frances Ha 

Greta GerWIG

Greta. Not only as an artist but as a person too. 

lena, I'm so sorry

The other voice of our generation is Dolan, who STOMPS on both of Greta and Lena, but this thread is solely about these two.

Lena, sweetie, I'm so sorry...

Greta sweetie, I'm so sorry that an ugly ass bitch...

11 minutes ago, Sugetzu said:

Who do you think is the better voice of our generation?

I'm kinda sad Greta did Ladybird, cause Lena should've made a movie about her childhood pre-college first...

Lena is not the voice of a generation, everyone hates her since she admitted to sexually abusing her sister and defending a rapist because she worked with him

Obviously Greta

6 minutes ago, Obsession said:

Lena is not the voice of a generation, everyone hates her since she admitted to sexually abusing her sister and defending a rapist because she worked with him

Have you read her book, where she talks about it? Nope. I had and putting a fork into your sister's vagina for fun is not really a sexual abuse, where you are both young and stupid.

And for defending the alleged rapist - it was her friend and it was a hard choice to make - stay silent or speak against or support your longtime friend. What would you do if there were no proofs?

Lena is the voice of our generation. There is not better choice, cause Greta isn't really that vocal to be one.

Don’t ever compare Greta to that thing again

3 minutes ago, Heroine said:

Don’t ever compare Greta to that thing again

The truth prevails. Lena is better than Greta.

14 minutes ago, Sugetzu said:

Have you read her book, where she talks about it? Nope. I had and putting a fork into your sister's vagina for fun is not really a sexual abuse, where you are both young and stupid.

And for defending the alleged rapist - it was her friend and it was a hard choice to make - stay silent or speak against or support your longtime friend. What would you do if there were no proofs?

Lena is the voice of our generation. There is not better choice, cause Greta isn't really that vocal to be one.

what the **** :biblio::biblio:

24 minutes ago, Sugetzu said:

1. Being young and stupid does not mean sticking a fork in your sister's vagina is not a crime. I didn't stick a fork in my friend's vagina and I was young and dumb. Most children are usually taught that touching another child's private parts is wrong. She doesn't get a pass.  

2. Her friend committed the crime and she chose to speak in favor of her friend. This is a no brainer. She could've simply said she couldn't say because she wasn't involved in the crime and she would wait for further investigation. She CHOSE to support an alleged rapist, despite building her brand on the platform that all rape accusations should be taken seriously. 

3. Lena is not the voice of the generation. Which generation? Our generation doesn't like her, they don't agree with anything she puts out and she isn't that popular. You can't be the voice of a generation when no one thinks you speak for them, especially since her speeches are usually exclusionary to anyone who isn't a white cis female. 

Neither Lena nor Greta are voices of the generation. Our generation has made it clear neither of them represent it, especially Lena Dunham. That moniker is one Lena gave to herself - if you have to give YOURSELF the title, more than likely it's because you're not. 

5 minutes ago, Obsession said:

1. Being young and stupid does not mean sticking a fork in your sister's vagina is not a crime. I didn't stick a fork in my friend's vagina and I was young and dumb. Most children are usually taught that touching another child's private parts is wrong. She doesn't get a pass.  

2. Her friend committed the crime and she chose to speak in favor of her friend. This is a no brainer. She could've simply said she couldn't say because she wasn't involved in the crime and she would wait for further investigation. She CHOSE to support an alleged rapist, despite building her brand on the platform that all rape accusations should be taken seriously. 

3. Lena is not the voice of the generation. Which generation? Our generation doesn't like her, they don't agree with anything she puts out and she isn't that popular. You can't be the voice of a generation when no one thinks you speak for them, especially since her speeches are usually exclusionary to anyone who isn't a white cis female. 

Neither Lena nor Greta are voices of the generation. Our generation has made it clear neither of them represent it, especially Lena Dunham. That moniker is one Lena gave to herself - if you have to give YOURSELF the title, more than likely it's because you're not. 

1. It's not a crime, lmao. it's just kids being curious. You people take it to an extra level, like... :rip: 

2. Alleged is a key word. And like I said it was her friend. What would you do? 

3. When GIRLS has premiered, there were TONS of people who thought the same way as Lena. As for her credibility's decline I blame her honesty and Odell Beckham Jr. incident, where it was taken out of context and out of proportion. 

The moniker was made in irony. The voice of our generation. A voice of our generation. A voice of a generation. 

PS: Have you watched the entire Girls series? I'm actually really curious.

31 minutes ago, Sugetzu said:

1. It's not a crime, lmao. it's just kids being curious. You people take it to an extra level, like... :rip: 

2. Alleged is a key word. And like I said it was her friend. What would you do? 

3. When GIRLS has premiered, there were TONS of people who thought the same way as Lena. As for her credibility's decline I blame her honesty and Odell Beckham Jr. incident, where it was taken out of context and out of proportion. 

The moniker was made in irony. The voice of our generation. A voice of our generation. A voice of a generation. 

as someone who HAS, the entire girls series was incredibly exclusionary to anyone not white and upper middle class. and girls faced those criticisms from pretty much everyone, forcing lena to proclaim shes only "writing what she knows." that alone keeps her from being the voice of anyone's generation, especially one that is more culturally progressive than ever.

--

OT: the answer is neither. they both represent a very small scope of white millennials.

Just now, yonsé said:

as someone who HAS, the entire girls series was incredibly exclusionary to anyone not white and upper middle class. and girls faced those criticisms from pretty much everyone, forcing lena to proclaim shes only "writing what she knows." that alone keeps her from being the voice of anyone's generation, especially one that is more culturally progressive than ever.

--

OT: the answer is neither. they both represent a very small scope of white millennials.

Isn't this a point? Why would she write about something she didn't experience or doesn't know about? Like, lol... You expect her to give expert opinions on literally every topic?

33 minutes ago, Sugetzu said:

I did and would not recommend anyone going through two years of pain and boredom to get little payoff at the end( which wasn’t a bad season). 

I’ve seen enough of Lena’s hairy vagina to know she ain’t my voice.

Lady Bird >>>> anything that thing has ever put out. 

23 minutes ago, Sugetzu said:

Isn't this a point? Why would she write about something she didn't experience or doesn't know about? Like, lol... You expect her to give expert opinions on literally every topic?

no, but i wouldnt call her "a voice of a generation" for that very reason. it's certainly clear that her view on the world as a millennial is limited. thanks for proving me right.