Rumor: Pokemon Switch Title Will 'Reboot' Franchise

86 posts in this topic

Itz_Dani!

A vaguely worded report is causing an uproar among Pokemon fans.

The infamous "Chinese Riddler," a supposed insider that has correctly leaked several details about recent Pokemon games, recently teased that the upcoming Pokemon Switch title would be a "reboot" of the franchise. While the insider deleted the thread a short time later, they weren't quick enough to prevent the rumor from spreading across the internet like wildfire.

Of course, the initial source of the rumor didn't exactly explain what they meant by "reboot," so the rumor could mean just about anything. Some assume that the "reboot" means massive changes to Pokemon's established gameplay system that uses turn-based combat and overworld exploration maps.

Others think that a "reboot" would mean a return to the Kanto region, the setting in which Pokemon Red and Blue took place.

Most established Pokemon franchise observers assume that, if a reboot would happen, it would most likely be a soft reboot a la Pokemon Black and White, in which gameplay was similar to older games, but players could only capture new Pokemon in the game until they completed the main storyline.

NEZ

Hopefully they do away with the turn based system that keeps the Pokemon games from evolving into something so much better.

Thickorita

Good. Gen 6 and 7 were horrible.

gxnesis

i'm quivering

imagine they reveal this and Smash Bros for Switch on the direct :jonny5:

highwayuni

All they have to do is rip off Ni No Kuni's format and I'll stan again

thatsmydemi

I don't really know what they could do instead of turn based system. And hopefully, they don't get rid of it. 

Pop

Good. They need to redo the entire battle system and make it more user friendly.

Also, it would be cool if they cut down on the number of Pokémon. Release the original 151 and then do expansions with max 50 new GOOD Pokémon.

We really don't need a trashbag and a icecream Pokémon. 

jpow
1 minute ago, Pop said:

Good. They need to redo the entire battle system and make it more user friendly.

Also, it would be cool if they cut down on the number of Pokémon. Release the original 151 and then do expansions with max 50 new GOOD Pokémon.

We really don't need a trashbag and a icecream Pokémon. 

How is the battle system not user friendly?  It’s literally rock, paper, scissors :rip:

Anyway, I am here for a Kanto game with Sinnoh post game :duca: 

arceus

Might as well delete Gen 5, 6 and 7.

They are forgettable AF. People barely know they exist anyway.  

50thStateofMind

Good. It needs a reboot and I already have regular pokemon games on my 3DS

Pop
1 minute ago, jpow said:

How is the battle system not user friendly?  It’s literally rock, paper, scissors :rip:

First of all, it's too slow and unexciting for 2018. It needs to be more action packed.

Second, it needs to be cleaned up. There are way too many different attacks, abilities, IVS, EVs and most people get turned off by all the numbers they have to do to get even somewhat competitive.

Pokémon battling needs to become like Hearthstone. Easy to understand, difficult to master.

newuser
3 minutes ago, jpow said:

Excatly lol the rumor has it that the battle system will be like digimon world which is very complicated. 

feelslikeadream
11 minutes ago, highwayuni said:

nnnn. I thought the same thing while I was playing Ni No Kuni.

Yog
5 minutes ago, jpow said:

This... Like WTF are people thinking, LEAVE THE BATTLE SYSTEM ALONE :angry:

jpow
1 minute ago, Pop said:

First of all, it's too slow and unexciting for 2018. It needs to be more action packed.

Second, it needs to be cleaned up. There are way too many different attacks, abilities, IVS, EVs and most people get turned off by all the numbers they have to do to get even somewhat competitive.

Pokémon battling needs to become like Hearthstone. Easy to understand, difficult to master.

The whole point of the battle system is to be a bit slow and easy to understand.  If you want action packed Pokemon, just go buy Pokken.

And while yes, the battle system can be complicated if you include all of that, you don’t need to really do any of that to beat the E4 and have fun in whatever battle building that game has.  You only really need to know about IVs and EVs if you are doing online battles.

HausofKen

What they need to do is being back pokemon stadium 

BlooRiverAnimal

Lmao @ people complaining about the battle system of all things. Anyways, this sounds interesting. 

Erreur2 La Nature

Eh I want a new gen with new pokemons. DON’T disappoint me. 

Yog
1 minute ago, newuser said:

Excatly lol the rumor has it that the battle system will be like digimon world which is very complicated. 

This was debunked months ago...

Blue Honeymoon

No, no, no. The turn-based battle system is one of the main factors which made the franchise so refreshing, unique and popular in the first place.

Please, Nintendo, don't turn Pokémon into Digimon Rumble Arena or Steet Fighter

Doqueo

All I ask is to have a good designed gen,

we had enough ugly and stupid pokemons on the last two generations (the sandcastle one still hunts me in my dreams :mazen:).

I'm excited with It though :jonny:

Tsareena
14 minutes ago, highwayuni said:

Here for it. They should hire their animators too ki

Tsareena

they should the delete the bad designs like all the rodents