Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Would you own an axolotl?

34 posts in this topic

Funhouse

I actually really want one in the future! I can't provide the best care right now, but someday I will.

1 hour ago, klynb said:

They're so cute! But no, if they're going extinct then they need to be protected at all costs.

The axolotls sold as pets are a bit different genetically from the ones found in the wild as they were bred with tiger salamanders to introduce albinism and other color variations. There are some programs that are breeding wild axolotls to reintroduce them in their native habitat if I remember correctly!

Mudkip
1 hour ago, Blue. said:

Yes, I stand Mudkip.

2555ed4d6865c56dc6a32335d85b9347fde880d7

i love this gif more than i love my family

Bacratto

I own an axolotl. My bf and i rescued it from a guy who had it in a 20 Lt tank with almost no water.  

We moved the axolotl to a 60lt tank with a good filter and guppy fishes for him to hunt/feed.

We have to constantly replace the water and make sure he's eating, and when he's not is mostly because he can't capture the fish, and I have to kill them and mouth feed them so it won't starve.

They can be kept in smaller tanks but I enjoy watching my axolotl swim so I might get a bigger tank soon.

Axolotls are disappearing mostly due to pollution here in Mexico but there are some ecologists working towards repopulating some native flora and fauna with more axolotls.

I think it's illegal buying them but still, I love my axolotl and I'm glad he's in better condition now than when I got it.

Queen Bea.

I already have a few exotic animals and in my experience aquatic animals are a lot more stressful to keep, my snake, tortoise and hedgehog are enough for now. Thinking of getting a Blue Tongued Skink but that’s because I’m really comfortable caring for reptiles.

Hazard

They are going extinct so I don’t know if I could commit to that. Owning one would be a massive responsibility and I’m young and pretty busy in life right now. It would be so emotionally taxing if you did something wrong and it died. They’re so cute, but I don’t know. Maybe in the future. 

CUZ!CAN
2 hours ago, Barovi said:

Mudkip is a mudskipper :angry:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvdj-Cd1fLq8LAGsFjaPF

Omg that cute thing is based on that? :skull:

OT: No, I killed my gold fishes in like three days. Keep them away from me

Blue.
On 8/3/2018 at 6:54 PM, Mudkip said:

i love this gif more than i love my family

I feel like it does more for showing Mudkip’s personality that all its stay with flop Brock in the Hoenn arc.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0