14 singers recorded 'The Middle'

71 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, MusicLoverDude said:

Except The Middle exceeds Stay in every way

This. Neither is groundbreaking, but TM is better and Maren's vocals definitely elevate it towards the end.

The Middle hate :ahh: Y'all can say what you want but at the end of the day Zedd, Grey, and Marren are slaying the charts rn 

OT: Marren was the right choice. She truly elevates the song 

Bebe was perfect on this he should have kept her

4 hours ago, Digital said:

Change the title to "14 singers dodged a bullet by not recording Stay 2.0" for more legitimacy.

It's a smash, where's the bullet sis

Xsma7Cg.gif

It was a smart decision to switch from Anne-Marie and/or Bebe to Maren. Not only is she a bigger name, the cross-genre crossover is what makes the song so interesting.

5 hours ago, Kim Kardashian said:

I wonder who he ditched at the last minute :skull:

Adele

:eli: 

5 hours ago, Digital said:

Change the title to "14 singers dodged a bullet by not recording Stay 2.0" for more legitimacy.

Maren's about to get her first career top ten hit, so I'm sure she's not stressed

6 hours ago, MusicLoverDude said:

He's right. That final chorus and bridge really made that song pop. 

And based off the part I heard from Bebe - she really would have sounded bad on this song so I'm glad Maren got it.

The full Bebe demo was posted and she sounds better than Maren

42 minutes ago, Divine said:

It was a smart decision to switch from Anne-Marie and/or Bebe to Maren. Not only is she a bigger name, the cross-genre crossover is what makes the song so interesting.

Maren Morris is not a big name. :skull: 

Wow/ new queen of pop Maren won.

3 minutes ago, Priyanka Chopra said:

Maren Morris is not a big name. :skull: 

Her debut album is closing in on 300k pure sales and she's a Grammy winner. She is a big name in country music, and most definitely a bigger name than Anne-Marie and Bebe Rexha. :skull:

2 minutes ago, Divine said:

Her debut album is closing in on 300k pure sales and she's a Grammy winner. She is a big name in country music, and most definitely a bigger name than Anne-Marie and Bebe Rexha. :skull:

Lmao absolutely not even close to being a bigger name in the target market Zedd is aiming for.

3 minutes ago, Fruity said:

Lmao absolutely not even close to being a bigger name in the target market Zedd is aiming for.

Maren sent her charity single to #1 on iTunes on the day of release a few months ago. Anne-Marie and Bebe aren't doing that first day + without a discount.

18 minutes ago, Divine said:

Yes, she’s a big niche artist like Romeo Santos, but not a big mainstream name.

This song sounds like a rehash of Stay (Alessia) + Run Away With Me + Cheat Codes’ Turn Me On anyway

I feel like Demi is one of the 14... Her voice fits Maren’s parts...

She does sing the hell out this basic ass song so kudos to her. She really does elevate it.

59 minutes ago, Priyanka Chopra said:

The full Bebe demo was posted and she sounds better than Maren

I wouldn't call it s demo if her version is finished 

it's more like another version of the song 

maybe even a cover we could say 

Demos are more like a preview of a song that's unfinished and still need some twerking here and there 

1 hour ago, Divine said:

Exactly! 

This has been huge for her career, so I'm very happy for her!

also, when I was listening to the radio the other day, before this came on, the DJ said that Camila had originally recorded this, but they switched to Maren later to add a country vibe to it. Anyone know if this is true?

I work for Target and they literally play this song all day every day, which is unfortunate because I really liked the song when I heard it during the Grammys :biblio:

I agree tho Maren was definitely the right choice for the song, she adds so much emotion to a generic sounding pop song 

Anyone else not like Maren's vocals on this track? :emofish:  I like her country tracks a lot better though. 

14 minutes ago, pt_m said:

I work for Target and they literally play this song all day every day, which is unfortunate because I really liked the song when I heard it during the Grammys :biblio:

I agree tho Maren was definitely the right choice for the song, she adds so much emotion to a generic sounding pop song 

I must admit, The Middle got annoying briefly when Nick at Nite played the commercial every half hour. But since I'm not watching that channel, I don't hear the commercial as much

gurl bye.. the decision of her obviously has to do with management and money... and the fact they want her to crossover to pop

I've never heard about Maren in my entire life

13 hours ago, Thickorita said:

Really? I can't imagine her fake Jamaican accent ass belting the final chorus

Do you even know who Anne-Marie is? Nnnn