Jessica Capshaw and Sarah Drew leaving Grey's Anatomy

46 posts in this topic

bearman10

Two popular, long-time Grey’s Anatomy cast members, Jessica Capshaw and Sarah Drew, will be departing the hit ABC medical drama at the end of the current fourteenth season. Capshaw has been on the show for 10 seasons, nine of them as a series regular, playing Dr. Arizona Robbins; Drew has been on Grey’s for nine seasons, eight of them as a series regular, playing Dr. April Kepner.

http://deadline.com/2018/03/greys-anatomy-jessica-capshaw-sarah-drew-exit-abc-medical-drama-1202316987/

The decision not to bring back Capshaw and Drew comes on the heels of the blockbuster new Pompeo pact that gave her a significant salary increase, paying her as much as $20 million a year, including signing bonus, producing fees, ownership in the show and other extras.

Im devastated! Not Arizona :emofish:

Attitude

ABC trying to blame Ellen Pompeo for all of this. :skull:

bearman10
2 minutes ago, Attitude said:

ABC trying to blame Ellen Pompeo for all this. :skull:

I mean why else were they fired? lol. They are both two popular characters. I love Arizona. It does look bad two women leaving, 1 woman to get higher pay :rip:

fais_2311
2 minutes ago, bearman10 said:

I mean why else were they fired? lol. They are both two popular characters. I love Arizona. It does look bad two women leaving, 1 woman to get higher pay :rip:

But Ellen deserved that pay raise. Maybe they should cut payment some of the irrelevant male characters in the series

bearman10
1 minute ago, fais_2311 said:

But Ellen deserved that pay raise. Maybe they should cut payment some of the irrelevant male characters in the series

I agree,,, she is incredible and deserves it but hell get rid of those interns that have showed up this season lol if they trying to conservatively spend money. I guess this shuts down my hope that Kim Raver will return as series regular. (She still has that multi episodic arc coming up this season though :cool:)

Brycee

i'm shocked.. I hate to see them both go. They should've gotten rid of owen 

Diesel
1 minute ago, Brycee said:

i'm shocked.. I hate to see them both go. They should've gotten rid of owen 

This :biblio: Owen is so useless I hate him :biblio: 

bearman10
11 minutes ago, Diesel said:

This :biblio: Owen is so useless I hate him :biblio: 

YES please I could care less for him. Im glad my Alex and Jo are staying tho

its_britney_bitch

No :weeps: Those are two of my favourites. I started watching it in season 6 when they had both just joined, it won't be the same without them. I was still holding out hope Callie would come back and reunite with Arizona :weeps: I hope Arizona leaves to be with her

Gee

I kind of saw April’s coming... Arizona’s has me absolutely stunned. 

I hate the narrative they’re trying to spin with Ellen’s raise - she doesn’t decide who gets paid what. The fault is on ABC being cheapskates. 

ikiru

really sad about this, rewatching the complete series right now and i'm starting to like arizona and april :dancehall: get rid of owen or andrew pls

fridayteenage

all the show needs is Grey so.

I think that makes it just owen and Jackson who joined last decade who are still regulars.

bearman10
1 hour ago, Gee said:

I hate the narrative they’re trying to spin with Ellen’s raise - she doesn’t decide who gets paid what. The fault is on ABC being cheapskates. 

omg Ellen clocked deadline. It is poor taste though ABC decided to announce the departures today of all days... and it's unfortunate the producers don't see a future for Arizona/April on the show. Especially Arizona.  

UNNAMI

it's kinda sad that bad characters are staying and good are leaving.

april's and arizona's storyline was really bad so they leaving is kinda understood but it's writers fault that they were so bad written.

i would prefer to Owen and Amelia leave to somewhere and april and arizona stay - but with a good storyline.

I hope they will do good farawell to both characters like Callie coming, and taking back Arizona and maybe april coming to Cristina to work with here?

Mr Greenbird

I quit this show but Jo is still around and these 2 are gonners? Speaking of mess.. :ace:

dussymob

Why is this not cancelled yet, goodness. 

UNNAMI
1 minute ago, Mr Greenbird said:

I quit this show but Jo is still on and these 2 are gonners? Speaking of mess.. :ace:

they delete two characters with no storyline. Jo has storyline with Alex so they would have to remove alex too

Walk_Away21
1 hour ago, Gee said:

Yeah I don't watch but Grey's is still one of the higher rated Tv shows of the whole week. hard to believe they couldn't afford it.

Walk_Away21
22 minutes ago, Mr Greenbird said:

I quit this show but Jo is still around and these 2 are gonners? Speaking of mess.. :ace:

Queen Camilla won tbh. 

Tangane

DEVASTATED... :!ohno:

And that Deadline article jeez...! Ellen better clap:clap3:back:clap3: on Twitter!!!

iamstrong

Not April and Arizona. They were done so wrong. They are probably gonna put some of the current interns on regular contracts next season because their pay is not as high :skull: 

tiagol88
7 hours ago, dussymob said:

Why is this not cancelled yet, goodness. 

Because this season is the best in years...?

daydreams

April and Arizona and not Jo or Owen? Delete it :deadbanana4: