Demi talks about Ariana friendship in Billboard cover story

48 posts in this topic

BlazingLovatic

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/magazine-feature/8235911/demi-lovato-interview-billboard-cover-story-2018

On Ariana and Iggy:

Lovato has little tolerance for fakeness of any kind. "The people that aren’t willing to chill with you at home are the type of people that just want to be seen with you," she says. "When Ariana Grande and I hang out, it’s super chill. One time I went over to her place. She had never heard of the Charles Manson murders." As both tweeted later, they hiked to his Cielo Drive house and rang the bell. "We were spooking ourselves out!" She’s close with Iggy Azalea, too, and when I mention that the internet seems to have turned on Azalea, Lovato rises to her defense. "She’s super low-key; she doesn’t drink or party. She has struggled a lot," says Lovato. "'No money, no family, 16 in the middle of Miami.' That lyric explains a lot of her story. She’s very outspoken, and sometimes it can turn people off. But that’s one of the reasons I love her. She’s not the type of person who lies to you."

On attending an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting in millions of $ worth of diamonds:

Lovato’s tolerance for artifice reached its breaking point at the 2016 Met Gala in New York, the annual celeb-packed, black-tie fundraiser for the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute, presided over by Vogue’s Anna Wintour. "I had a terrible experience," says Lovato, her voice rising in pitch for the only time during our conversation. "This one celebrity was a complete bitch and was miserable to be around. It was very cliquey. I remember being so uncomfortable that I wanted to drink." She texted her manager, then went straight to a 10 p.m. Alcoholics Anonymous meeting.

"I changed my clothes, but I still had my diamonds on -- millions of dollars of diamonds on in an AA meeting. And I related more to the homeless people in that meeting who struggled with the same struggles that I deal with than the people at the Met Gala -- fake and sucking the fashion industry’s dick." Glamazon, Lovato knows, isn't her brand anyway. On tour, she says, "I might pop up in the opening [number] one day and be in Fabletics. Because that’s what I want to wear. I’m loving myself -- not for what I look like, but for who I am."

On gun control & politics:

"There’s way too many shootings happening in this country," continues Lovato. "I’m pro-gun control. Obviously for me..." -- she pauses, considering the potential fallout of her words -- "politics are difficult to talk about." But later, when we return to the topic, she takes a deep breath and unloads.

"There are certain pop stars who don’t speak out politically, and they have more fans. But I’d rather speak up for the things I believe in than just be dismissive of the issues going on in our country." A week later, she brings six Parkland students onstage at her first tour stop in San Diego, asking the audience to text to donate to mental health services for students of the school. She’s hoping Gonzalez will come to a later show.

Selena’s Bad Liar

She’s still pressed that Nicki didn’t tag her :deadbanana2:

Sweetener
1 minute ago, Selena’s Bad Liar said:

She’s still pressed that Nicki didn’t tag her :deadbanana2:

:rip: 

Kim Kardashian

Mess @ calling Nicki a bitch :deadbanana2:

EriKills

Lmao it’s so obvious she’s talking about Nicki. 

Shes kinda right tho, not only was Nicki throwing shady looks her way, she didn’t tag in the insta pic either. Sure it’s petty little things-kim there are people dying.gif- but still unnecessarily bitchy tbh. 

Love ha friendship with Ari and Iggs tho :heart2:

XXXO

Is there anyone in the industry who likes Nicki Minaj :skull:

Erreur2 La Nature

She didn’t lie at all :eatpopcorn:

Lover

she needs to stop playing the victim

hypnodemiluv

queen using her voice for something that matters, make them pressed! that's real impact

Moella

why did Nicki sahde her in the first place? is it because she's friends with Iggy?

newuser

How come Ariana never talked about their friendship? 

FireMotif16

Ehhh I can't be so sure this is about Nicki, bc this sounds like someone who was rude to her AT the Met Gala not after the fact.

Though maybe it says something y'all assuming Nicki...

Dynamo

stevenisFADING

Who is Nicki Minaj in this world anyways?

Queen Demi is winning and stays winning. :1stplace:

Venom
13 minutes ago, FireMotif16 said:

Ehhh I can't be so sure this is about Nicki, bc this sounds like someone who was rude to her AT the Met Gala not after the fact.

Though maybe it says something y'all assuming Nicki...

The impression I got was that Nicki was probably being a diva AT the Met Gala and then the Instagram drama, was probably the last straw for Demi.

BOOM!

Celebrity number 268 calling Nicki a bitch?

What else is new??

Iggy, Ariana. :clap3:

channel orange
30 minutes ago, newuser said:

How come Ariana never talked about their friendship? 

"The people that aren’t willing to chill with you at home are the type of people that just want to be seen with you," she says.

Say Da Barbie®

idk why she's mad that nicki didn't vibe with her :skull: 

it was an industry event, like girl just pose, look pretty, and move on with your life

the way that she always finds a way to victimize herself or play the outsider is so cringey

carpetbeetle

Iggy + Ariana :clap3:

Demi repeatedly gives me reasons to only her music and not her personality. Some things she says are just really...:doc:

Also what's the tea on Demi + Nicki? Don't leave me out of the loop :coffee:

Selena’s Bad Liar
4 minutes ago, carpetbeetle said:

Iggy + Ariana :clap3:

Demi repeatedly gives me reasons to only her music and not her personality. Some things she says are just really...:doc:

Also what's the tea on Demi + Nicki? Don't leave me out of the loop :coffee:

Reminds me of all of her feuds and this 

CoQC-S0VYAEEI-6.jpg

Nicki didn't tag her in a photo she posted on Instagram but tagged other people

carpetbeetle
3 minutes ago, Selena’s Bad Liar said:

Reminds me of all of her feuds and this 

CoQC-S0VYAEEI-6.jpg

Nicki didn't tag her in a photo she posted on Instagram but tagged other people

That's all? :rip: