1989 & Rep are the two biggest albums in China this week

79 posts in this topic

peterstyles13

On QQMusic, the biggest streaming app in the world with over 800M users from China and 400M monthly subscribers, Taylor Swift isn't only dominating western artists, but also local Chinese artists. In fact, 1989 and Reputation occupy the #1 and #2 position on their digital albums chart this week :deadbanana:.

image.png?width=266&height=473

Both are among the best-selling digital albums of all time in China.

Despite being released on QQMusic in 2016, 1989 is Diamond in sales on their app and sold 8.49M+ single units (60-100K daily)

Reputation, released last November, is already 2x Diamond in sales and sold 7.92M+ single units

1989's currently smashing after Welcome To New York was featured in one of the biggest Chinese movie in history and went viral.

Thoughts? :jonny:

peterstyles13
1 minute ago, Enoch said:

Good for her i guess

Good for her indeed, proving once again she's a global queen

sGB8Qgp.gif

Spoiler

Now she better announce the asian leg for her tour or else I'm unstanning

Nacht

Queen of China! A GLOBAL artist.

cheeto$

what about camila? i know she’s kinda big on apple music in china 

avi

Undoubtedly the Biggest Pop girl in the World since 2014. Would be interesting to see how long her reign continues. She is the only girl right who is making pure pop music (for the gheys) and dominating the genre rn. 

Susie

Hey Peter, can u post the link please? I wanna see the full list :celestial4:

avi
4 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

Good for her indeed, proving once again she's a global queen

sGB8Qgp.gif

Hide contents

Now she better announce the asian leg for her tour or else I'm unstanning

Im pretty sure she will when she sees that the rep tour gross will be stuck at 380m and she has to take it to 500m somehow... 

BlazingLovatic

I expected it to be some irrelevant chart, but it's actually QQ :clap3:

peterstyles13
3 minutes ago, avi said:

Im pretty sure she will when she sees that the rep tour gross will be stuck at 380m and she has to take it to 500m somehow... 

She'd be delusional to think she'll reach 500M with 50 dates. She just needs to announce the asian leg for the tour to become the highest-grossing female tour of all time. China is STANNING, she could literally do a ton of stadium dates there, but she needs the visa.

sGB8Qgp.gif

Ribs

Queen of China :jonny5: Go there for tour and SNATCH that 600M grossing tour :jonny5:

Fetish for MiMi

oh wow, poor jessie j

Juanny

During her “flop” era, no less! Imagine if she was “smashing” and actually promoting instead of sitting around enjoying life. I guess she’s just slowing it down for the rest of the girls, poor them. :weeps: 

peterstyles13
2 minutes ago, Moella said:

can you post some other stats from that app for other pop girls @peterstyles13

For a reason, a lot of stats from the other pop girls aren't available. For example, there's nothing for Adele's albums, Gaga's albums and Beyoncé's albums. In general, they are less popular in China then some other western pop girls like Ariana and Rihanna. Gaga used to be really popular with TFM tho (like HUGE). Here are some that are available:

Rihanna - Anti: 2x Platinum (only 23% away from 3x Platinum) and sold 2.83M single units

Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman: 2x Platinum (70% away from 3x Platinum) and sold 1.68M single units

Katy Perry - Witness: Platinum (just became platinum, it's 99% away from 2x Platinum) and sold 743K single units

Is there anyone else I should check?

18 minutes ago, cheeto$ said:

what about camila? i know she’s kinda big on apple music in china 

Havana is (or was?) smashing, Real Friends is #25 on their American/European chart for a reason lol

peterstyles13
2 minutes ago, Johnny said:

During her “flop” era, no less! Imagine if she was “smashing” and actually promoting instead of sitting around enjoying life. I guess she’s just slowing it down for the rest of the girls, poor them. :weeps: 

Even with her "slowing it down", she' still 2x Diamond while her closest western rival is 2x Platinum :toofunny2: she's just HUGE in China. It would be a shame if she didn't tour there, she could fill any of their stadiums if the Chinese government approved :toofunny2:

Moella
6 minutes ago, peterstyles13 said:

Is there anyone else I should check?

Thanks I just wanted to know if there is any Gaga stats there but at least her albums are available post the ban?