US Uses Racist Robots Against Black Defendants In Court

54 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Adonis said:

Interestig read. Which is why I think we either shouldnt be usin this at all for decision making. People are trying to get AI and robots to do things that are for humans to do... I think we need to accept the limits of technology or else we’ll wish later on that we did. 

I agree. Technology is great for some things, and I think the economics of automation are a very interesting and important topic now. Industries will change: some will die, some will evolve, and new ones will be born. But, AI will never be able to do everything a human can do. There are limits to computation and I don't think encoding consciousnesses, empathy, and humanity into a machine is logically possible. People forget to consider that possibility because circuits are so small. But, you can blow up any digital CPU to be a mechanical machine with gears to accomplish the same tasks, it would just be much bigger. People seem to forget that.

5 hours ago, Bloo said:

I agree. Technology is great for some things, and I think the economics of automation are a very interesting and important topic now. Industries will change: some will die, some will evolve, and new ones will be born. But, AI will never be able to do everything a human can do. There are limits to computation and I don't think encoding consciousnesses, empathy, and humanity into a machine is logically possible. People forget to consider that possibility because circuits are so small. But, you can blow up any digital CPU to be a mechanical machine with gears to accomplish the same tasks, it would just be much bigger. People seem to forget that.

Do you know anything about recursive training?

13 minutes ago, Adonis said:

Do you know anything about recursive training?

I haven’t heard the term. Is it similar to how GANs are trained by feeding their own output as input for additional training?

Wow, Bloo clocking with receipts