Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Life Is Strange: Before The Storm OUT NOW

14 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Departure

Related image

 

Life Is Strange: Before The Storm

Out Now 3/6/18

 

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret it takes their new found alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. 

 

Unlike its predecessor, the game does not include time travel. Instead, Before the Storm features the ability "Backtalk", which the player can use to call upon Chloe to get out of certain precarious situations; "Backtalk" may also make a situation worse. A dialogue tree is used when a conversation or commentary is prompted. Occasional decisions will temporarily or permanently change outcomes. The environment can be interacted with and altered, including marking walls with graffiti.

 

Ashly Burch from the original game did not voice Chloe Price in Before the Storm because of the SAG-AFTRA strike, but reprised her role in a bonus episode once the strike was resolved

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Departure

I just bought it.  Got the limited edition collector's set, like the first game.  I'm so excited to hear the soundtrack! :duca:   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
prézli

I already finished it. Ready for the second season of the series!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Departure
29 minutes ago, prézli said:

I already finished it. Ready for the second season of the series!

:confused:

 

What do you mean?  The full season just came out today...

 

Before The Storm is done.  No more episodes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
prézli
19 minutes ago, Departure said:

:confused:

 

What do you mean?  The full season just came out today...

 

Before The Storm is done.  No more episodes.  

In North America. In Europe, only the bonus episode is the new one that came out yesterday, but that was short.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Departure
11 minutes ago, prézli said:

In North America. In Europe, only the bonus episode is the new one that came out yesterday, but that was short.

Oh ok. Yeah the full game was just released. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
noonbob

Really enjoyed the game, took me a while to get over Chloe's new VA but whatever.

Didn't like her the way I did in LIS.

I loved Rachel !

:cries:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rocky.

I guess for us, the bonus episode was the new addition. I really enjoyed playing the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Departure
7 hours ago, noonbob said:

Really enjoyed the game, took me a while to get over Chloe's new VA but whatever.

Didn't like her the way I did in LIS.

I loved Rachel !

:cries:

Don't even get me started.  Chloe's voice made me cringe.  It's not the same.  :(  It makes me super angry.  Why didn't they delay the game until the strike was over?  If this was an action packed game, it would be different, but what made the original a classic unique game was the chemistry between the two main characters, Max and Chloe.

 

Take away the voices, it's not the same.  Obviously they didn't care, cause they went forth with the project without Ashley.  It's funny cause the new VA tries way too hard to pull of the original [Ashley], but you can tell it's not the same.  Can't they do a voice over now that the strike is over and make a patch?  I wish they could do it...:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
noonbob
11 hours ago, Departure said:

Don't even get me started.  Chloe's voice made me cringe.  It's not the same.  :(  It makes me super angry.  Why didn't they delay the game until the strike was over?  If this was an action packed game, it would be different, but what made the original a classic unique game was the chemistry between the two main characters, Max and Chloe.

 

Take away the voices, it's not the same.  Obviously they didn't care, cause they went forth with the project without Ashley.  It's funny cause the new VA tries way too hard to pull of the original [Ashley], but you can tell it's not the same.  Can't they do a voice over now that the strike is over and make a patch?  I wish they could do it...:(

Related image

 

Spill it. Unfortunately this is what they do nowadays. They treat us fans like ****.

They're doing it to the Resident Evil 2 Remake too where they're replacing Claire's VA (Alyson Court).

She's voiced that character in games since 1998 excluding REV2 which i and many fans where not happy about.

:!ohno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BOOM!

Farewell was SO sad!! That ending... dgshfdgshdfdnmsd.

I was crying, like so many times before playing LiS.

 

aceitacao-gretchen.gif?w=560

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HabbGaga

The farewell was sweet and really nostalgic. I especially liked the letters Max and Chloe wrote to each other in the time capsule. It makes me sad that myself and my childhood best friend are no longer as close.

 

Any news on season 2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Opium

the ending was really sad... feeling really bad for Chloe

 

also , loved the OST and looking through all the stuff there :heart2: 

 

can't wait for S2 !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
budgier

Honestly the whole Before The Storm series and Farewell episode made me so angry at Max... Like I LOVE Max & Chloe as friends (and also later as romantic partners imo) but Max did Chloe SO. DAMN. WRONG :jonny5:

 

At the end of the Farewell episode when Chloe was hugging the tape recorder and crying as Max was telling her nothing would change and they'd stay in touch... Knowing that Max starts dodging and basically eventually ghosting on Chloe, just really sucks so much. Chloe has just been shat on by life so much it's ridiculous. 

 

It's realistic in most situations for even best friends to drift when one relocates to a different state.... but seriously Max. Literally the last time you saw her was driving away from her dad's FUNERAL. Make an effort to be there for her.

 

Anyway wanted to rant since I just decided to play the bonus ep. Overall a fantastic episode and better than the entirety of BTS, proving Max & Chloe is the heart of LiS, sorry Rachel. :celestial5:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0