Jump to content

18,869 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Almighty Gaga
11 minutes ago, Kworb said:

They're using the regular iTunes chart with fake popularity numbers. The real ones might just be down for good.

First radio and now iTunes. They're leaving us with nothing  :shakeno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hurem
4 minutes ago, Kworb said:

It's definitely being gutted this month. :dies:  Though we knew iTunes wouldn't last much longer.

The way streaming has ruined it all. :biblio:

 

Wonder if miss @simmnfierzig will still do the predictions without iTunes and radio data being so easily accessible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iHype.
3 hours ago, Kworb said:

They're using the regular iTunes chart with fake popularity numbers. The real ones might just be down for good.

Ain't that illegal? :skull: Their paying subscribers getting fake numbers they made up under the impression they're legit.

3 hours ago, Hurem said:

The way streaming has ruined it all. :biblio:

 

Wonder if miss @simmnfierzig will still do the predictions without iTunes and radio data being so easily accessible?

Not when sales were declining every year before streaming.

 

And I'm confused, I see Kworb's Popbars section updated rn? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hurem
1 minute ago, iHype. said:

Not when sales were declining every year before streaming.

 

And I'm confused, I see Kworb's Popbars section updated rn? 

Nope, it was last updated on March 13th. :katie: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iHype.
5 minutes ago, Hurem said:

Nope, it was last updated on March 13th. :katie: 

Oh, the page entirely stopped updating altogether. Usually when Kworb's iTunes page would go periods without updating, you would notice cause it'd say like 40.8 hours since the last update on the time elapsed part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Recordyear
4 hours ago, Kworb said:

They're using the regular iTunes chart with fake popularity numbers. The real ones might just be down for good.

I wonder why you say the popularity numbers are fake, because it seems normal to me?

Or is that because you just cannot fetch the popularity numbers from iTunes anymore?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shookgrande

This is absolutely tragic... :cries:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kworb
31 minutes ago, Recordyear said:

I wonder why you say the popularity numbers are fake, because it seems normal to me?

Or is that because you just cannot fetch the popularity numbers from iTunes anymore?

Nah the real figures never have such a smooth curve. They're also way too different from what they were two days ago, especially outside the top 20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Needy

Omg that’s sad :rip:

Maybe it’s nature’s way of saying we should find something better to do :mandown:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rentboy

Poor Iggy. Having an itunes moment and the charts all gone effed up on her. Let me go try find her on Spotify.

 

2J37.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cryptique
5 hours ago, Kworb said:

Nah the real figures never have such a smooth curve. They're also way too different from what they were two days ago, especially outside the top 20.

Will you at least do the US Sales for 3/8 - 3/14 ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AvrilLaQueen

as long as Spotify and YouTube are working, we are still mostly fine

 

magazine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Starkboy

watch Spotify stop giving us numbers next

 

Rnvw8dy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RainDreamer
31 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

watch Spotify stop giving us numbers next

 

Rnvw8dy.gif

I feel like Nielsen Soundcan will buy the rights to the numbers and privatise them soon :rip:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fa1x intelectual

So does this all mean this thread will be unpinned?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lightstheyblindme

the end of an era :weeps:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
simmnfierzig

@Kworb

 

Any chance to do some estimates just based on the positions. Obviously they would be pretty rough, but it can't be worse than what I have to through together now :weeps:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites