• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DELE2125

• Starkboy

• QueenofCopyPaste

• fridayteenage

3 hours ago, Chainsmoker said:

IDWLF won't reach 2m. The only songs from year that might reach it is Shape of You.

Don't forget Katy is coming. The Digital era queen :alexz: 

22 hours ago, Chainsmoker said:

http://kworb.net/cc/

1.Shape of You-116,000

2.I Don't Wanna Live Forever-60,000

3.Bad and Boujee-54,000

Only three songs over 50,000 :deadbanana3:

Pulse has one week as 03 48k DON'T WANNA KNOW

The Bachelor sure is a good promo slot for country males. Dan + Shay had a huge boost last season; Chris Lane sailed from outside T100 to T10.

The Sound Of Silence is back up to #84 and bright (dark) green. TSOS has already spent over 370 days in the ITunes Top 100, has over 170 M video views, and over 100 M WW Spotify streams. Still mainstream radio barely touched it. Maybe if TSOS wins the Grammy, and Disturbed accepts the award by video from Germany, it'll get enough of a sales and streaming boost that forces an increase in airplay.

18 minutes ago, brianc33616 said:

The Sound Of Silence is back up to #84 and bright (dark) green. TSOS has already spent over 370 days in the ITunes Top 100, has over 170 M video views, and over 100 M WW Spotify streams. Still mainstream radio barely touched it. Maybe if TSOS wins the Grammy, and Disturbed accepts the award by video from Germany, it'll get enough of a sales and streaming boost that forces an increase in airplay.

They don't televise the rock award recipients. Only general fields, pop, urban contemporary (maybe), rap, country (maybe), electronic/dance (big maybe, and that's only if The Chainsmokers win), and that's it.

5 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

They don't televise the rock award recipients. Only general fields, pop, urban contemporary (maybe), rap, country (maybe), electronic/dance (big maybe, and that's only if The Chainsmokers win), and that's it.

Well Metallica is performing at the Grammys, so it sounds like the show is making more room for Rock this year. As much buzz as TSOS generated through 2016, it'd be foolish not to air that award.

Just now, brianc33616 said:

Well Metallica is performing at the Grammys, so it sounds like the show is making more room for Rock this year. As much buzz as TSOS generated through 2016, it'd be foolish not to air that award.

They showed the Foo Fighters perform with deadmau5 a couple years ago when Wasting Light was nominated for Album Of The Year. Eagles performed last year in a tribute to Glenn Frey, and Alabama Shakes also performed as nominees for Album Of The Year. The year before that (2015), AC/DC opened the awards ceremony, and a number of rock artists performed later that night as well (ELO, Hozier, Imagine Dragons, Paul McCartney [FourFiveSeconds, but still], and Beck/Chris Martin).

My point is, don't get your hopes up. The only rock winners that have been televised were for AOTY wins (2011 - The Suburbs by Arcade Fire; 2015 - Morning Phase by Beck). If they didn't do it for Imagine Dragons at the height of their popularity (multiple top 20 hits), they won't do it for Disturbed, who unfortunately didn't make the top 40 with a cover.

6 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

They showed the Foo Fighters perform with deadmau5 a couple years ago when Wasting Light was nominated for Album Of The Year. Eagles performed last year in a tribute to Glenn Frey, and Alabama Shakes also performed as nominees for Album Of The Year. The year before that (2015), AC/DC opened the awards ceremony, and a number of rock artists performed later that night as well (ELO, Hozier, Imagine Dragons, Paul McCartney [FourFiveSeconds, but still], and Beck/Chris Martin).

My point is, don't get your hopes up. The only rock winners that have been televised were for AOTY wins (2011 - The Suburbs by Arcade Fire; 2015 - Morning Phase by Beck). If they didn't do it for Imagine Dragons at the height of their popularity (multiple top 20 hits), they won't do it for Disturbed, who unfortunately didn't make the top 40 with a cover.

I had actually written up a petition trying to encourage the Grammys to let Disturbed perform. I'll ask their manager whether or not he knows about them airing that award.

Should also mention that accepting awards via satellite isn't something they'd do for anyone but the likes of Rihanna, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, Adele, etc.

36 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Should also mention that accepting awards via satellite isn't something they'd do for anyone but the likes of Rihanna, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, Adele, etc.

Maybe Sagen, Disturbed's manager, could accept the award. I'll message him on Twitter later today. Right now I need to get to bed lol!

6 hours ago, kitasss_vlc said:

"25" up to #9 on UK iTunes... why is it that high???

Becausr of the rerun of the "Adele story" on channel 5 some days ago lol.

Actually it was as high as #4 couple of days ago. And 21 reached #11 and 19#22

9 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Foo Fighters took a televised rock award in 2012 or something. 

In a week or two max IDWLF will be out, they will get a huge sales boost also and will be top 10 on radio and top 5 on Spotify... Do you guys think they have a change for number 1 on BB? The streams of B&B just getting stronger, no? :(

32 minutes ago, omrimayo said:

In a week or two max IDWLF will be out, they will get a huge sales boost also and will be top 10 on radio and top 5 on Spotify... Do you guys think they have a change for number 1 on BB? The streams of B&B just getting stronger, no? :(

B&B streams seem to be down a bit this week.

Shape of You is probably the rival and think that will be stronger than IDWLF

19 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

B&B streams seem to be down a bit this week.

Shape of You is probably the rival and think that will be stronger than IDWLF

B&B's streams should increase again next week due to Migos's album release, though. 

Yeah SOY is doing better than IDWLF in all metrics (though I could see the latter eclipsing the former in video streaming when the movie comes out).

1 hour ago, abrahamjmr said:

Foo Fighters took a televised rock award in 2012 or something. 

I had thought so. TSOS is now up to #56 and solid green. It's up 10 spots to 263 on YT too, although admittedly that jump isn't as impressive as the sales boost. Maybe Disturbed got some promo somewhere since both are rising.

On 23/01/2017 at 3:07 AM, Cz! said:

11. KYLE - iSpy (feat. Lil Yachty)

Why did this suddenly explode? :deadbanana:

Lil Yachty, his power. 

4 minutes ago, brianc33616 said:

I had thought so. TSOS is now up to #56 and solid green. It's up 10 spots to 263 on YT too, although admittedly that jump isn't as impressive as the sales boost. Maybe Disturbed got some promo somewhere since both are rising.

I hope they get the recognition they deserve.

4 minutes ago, abrahamjmr said:

Me as well! I messaged Disturbed's manager to see if he is attending the show. I was thinking if he accepted the award on behalf of the band, being their manager might give it an extra boost on top of what it would already receive with the win.

Disturbed is in Frankfurt, Germany the night of the Grammys. I guess with Metallica playing they only allow one Rock performance per show. Metallica is admittedly a (much) bigger band, but they haven't had a song anywhere close to the size of TSOS in decades.

25 minutes ago, abrahamjmr said:

The two songs above and the two songs below TSOS are discounted, but not TSOS. Disturbed and/or their label ever discounted TSOS. I guess they thought doing so would look desperate and cheap, which makes some sense.

The award is part of the pre-telecast streamed on the Grammys website, NOT part of the actual show. Given some of what they do show (I'm afraid to say worse because I don't want to sound insensitive), the Best Rock Performance Grammy definitely deserves to telecast on air.

Yes the IDWLF video coming this Friday.. too soon, a week too soon I think but it can be top 3 hit at the end, that's big enough.

I Don't Wanna Live Forever 0.5880 0.5609 0.5422

it's coming!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.