iTunes Discussion

Kworb

On 6/7/2019 at 10:01 AM, Recordyear said:

Luke Combs is massive on iTunes as expected.

3. Even Though I'm Leaving
7 + 175. Beer Never Broke My Heart 
8. Lovin' On You
10. Refrigerator Door
12. Moon Over Mexico

Yep!

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DELE2125

• Starkboy

• QueenofCopyPaste

• fridayteenage

I think Old Town Road will challenge, and eventually overtake Shallow on Kworb's cumulative I-Tunes chart. No song comes close, and only John Rich's new release surpassed OTR, and that was just for a day. OTR may reach 1.5 M, and I thought no newer song, short of Adele, would ever pass the 1.5 M mark again.

13 hours ago, Recordyear said:

Luke Combs' EP is now #1 on iTunes. Thought it would drop fast.

JoBros supposed to sell 300K~ first week, yet already below someone projected to do <25K mid-week?

Their second week drop is gonna be hideous :rip:

Why don't the percentages on Kworb not match Live Pop Bars?

2 hours ago, iHype. said:

JoBros supposed to sell 300K~ first week, yet already below someone projected to do <25K mid-week?

Their second week drop is gonna be hideous :rip:

I think Luke Combs' is mostly digital release though. And >90% drop for JoBros second week is pretty much given.

1 hour ago, brianc33710 said:

Why don't the percentages on Kworb not match Live Pop Bars?

Since kworb revived the iTunes popularity chart, the data source is not Live Pop Bars anymore. He said they have fake data.

11 minutes ago, Recordyear said:

I think Luke Combs' is mostly digital release though. And >90% drop for JoBros second week is pretty much given.

Since kworb revived the iTunes popularity chart, the data source is not Live Pop Bars anymore. He said they have fake data.

Yes, but Luke is only projected 21-24K for the entire week. Which means he's probably selling like 3K daily at this point. 

JoBros should've definitely not fell behind him at all. And I doubt JoBros is moving many actual physicals in stores -- virtually no albums do anymore.  Just shows their bundles are a huge % of their sales, and they're going to serve veteran-act with no hits type second week. Not a young, relevant band, with a #1 hit.

12 minutes ago, iHype. said:

they're going to serve veteran-act with no hits type second week. Not a young, relevant band, with a #1 hit.

The TEA+SEA will keep the album afloat on chart, just like many albums with a hit single do.

8 minutes ago, Recordyear said:

The TEA+SEA will keep the album afloat on chart, just like many albums with a hit single do.

They only have 40K first week TEA+SEA. So really, I'd be surprised if the album even spent 10 weeks top 10.

Which is pretty underwhelming, considering their opening week is A-list pop star level (Ariana, Billie, Ed, Post). All their albums are doing 20+ weeks top 10.

22 hours ago, Recordyear said:

With Sam Hunt out of the picture (possibly for ever), Luke Combs and Thomas Rhett are the download and streaming kings of Country. Luke Combs' "Beautiful Crazy," the FIFTH single from This One's For You, spent 7 weeks on the CAC, the first song to do so in almost 15 years. And TOFY has spent 35 weeks at #1 on the BB Country Album Chart. Had Hunt hit sooner, he would've beaten both of them. But Combs and Rhett are the two kings of streaming and digital sales at Country.

Was there an awards show last night? There were several older songs below #50 with bright green updates.

@Kworb

I really, really need your sales estimates :weeps:

8 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

@Kworb

Yeah @Kworb lol. Please give us some updated sales projections.

8 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

@Kworb

11 minutes ago, brianc33710 said:

Yeah @Kworb lol. Please give us some updated sales projections.

Done

15 minutes ago, Kworb said:

Done

Thank you!

WOW!!! This thread is dead. Will Nas X lose a bunch of singles sales due to CMA? I hope not, as it's one of the final chances for a new song to reach 1 M downloads.

31 Ed Sheeran Beautiful People (feat. Khalid)

1 hour ago, UNNAMI said:
31 Ed Sheeran Beautiful People (feat. Khalid)

19 now.

Edited by omrimayo

Can anyone estimate how many downloads OTR will lose due to CMA?

GorgeousRep
1 hour ago, brianc33710 said:

Can anyone estimate how many downloads OTR will lose due to CMA?

He barely sold 4k albums mostly physicals I think. It won't lose much.

On 6/29/2019 at 9:12 AM, FAN said:

How is OTR still #1? :deadbanana4:

the older demographic just discovered the song

Edited by Mr.Fenty

On 6/29/2019 at 12:22 AM, GorgeousRep said:

He barely sold 4k albums mostly physicals I think. It won't lose much.

So OTR will reach 1 M. As for 1.5 M, we will have to wait and see.

On 6/29/2019 at 2:12 AM, FAN said:

How is OTR still #1? :deadbanana4:

Macarena stayed @ # 1 14 wks in 1996 for this reason and sold 4.2-4.4 M PHYSICAL singles in 1996, with around 500k in 1995. But, this was from August thru November, later than OTR. Mac got a Christmas boost that took it back to the T 10 for a couple of weeks, then it died.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.