Why is Rainbow more acclaimed than any Gaga, Taylor,

116 posts in this topic

Just now, Bey_Rihstan said:

v

i didn’t compare that to rainbow. When you’re able to comprehend my point, respond. Thanks! 

No, but you asked me why I think Animal was panned, and I responded that it is neither lyrically, nor vocally, nor sonically on the same level as an actually acclaimed album - for example Rainbow.

30 minutes ago, Burqa said:

If you make an album using the best songs of each album, you would get a very solid album, but still not as good as Rainbow

19 on the other hand deserved an 85+

giphy.gif

:rip: Just like Rainbow is Kesha’s worst and most boring album, Adele’s 19 is by far her worst and most boring album :skull: It’s so awfully mastered and soulless apart from like 3/4 tracks :deadbanana4: 

11 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

:rip: Just like Rainbow is Kesha’s worst and most boring album, Adele’s 19 is by far her worst and most boring album :skull: It’s so awfully mastered and soulless apart from like 3/4 tracks :deadbanana4: 

19? Soulless? Her worst album? Are you sure you're not talking about 25? :dies:

because it’s amazing 

13 minutes ago, Burqa said:

19? Soulless? Her worst album? Are you sure you're not talking about 25? :dies:

The only acceptable part of 19 is the lyrics :fan: The production sounds like if she made it herself in 5 minutes with garageband templates and her singing is not as flawless. 19 sounds like a bunch of unmastered concept demos (apart from a few really good tracks). It grew on me since I’m a stan, but objectively it’s still not the tea!

Terrific album, but I have to agree that a lot of the love for it came from feelings of guilt/pity by the GP/critics.

Just now, HEARTCORE said:

Terrific album, but I have to agree that a lot of the love for it came from feelings of guilt/pity by the GP/critics.

This is 100% not true at all and I'm praying.mp3 for the people who actually believe this. As one user said:

It's a fantastic album. "Praying" is undoubtedly one of the best songs ever made, and there are the gems like Learn to Let Go, Boots, Spaceship, and Woman. Whoever is saying "pity" is disgusting and pressed that their fave has lower scores.

On 06/03/2018 at 11:52 PM, TomTom2288 said:

This is 100% not true at all and I'm praying.mp3 for the people who actually believe this. As one user said:

I never said it was a bad album, I'm a huge Kesha fan! But you can't deny the fact that a lot of the support that she got was from the awful situation she's been in over the last few years. Had Rainbow come out a year or so after Warrior, I very much doubt she would've gotten the (deserved) rave reviews from the critics. Critics are very fickle.

Just now, HEARTCORE said:

I never said it was a bad album, I'm a huge Kesha fan! But you can't deny the fact that a lot of the support that she got was from the awful situation she's been in over the last few years. Had Rainbow come out a year or so after Warrior, I very much doubt she would've gotten the (deserved) rave reviews from the critics. Critics are very fickle.

If Rainbow came out a year after Warrior, it would have been a completely different album. The album is sonically and lyrically shaped by everything she went through (Bastards, Praying, Rainbow, etc.), you can't separate the two things from each other. The way how she musically copes with her experiences in the last years is one reason why it is so acclaimed and not some sort of general sympathy bonus.

50 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

If Rainbow came out a year after Warrior, it would have been a completely different album. The album is sonically and lyrically shaped by everything she went through (Bastards, Praying, Rainbow, etc.), you can't separate the two things from each other. The way how she musically copes with her experiences in the last years is one reason why it is so acclaimed and not some sort of general sympathy bonus.

I realise that, that the album was borne almost entirely out of the truly horrific stuff that she went through. But you can't deny how fickle critics are - they all know that slandering the album would not look good. I'm not denying that it's a great album - it's absolutely fantastic and easily her best work. But some of this praise did come from a place of sympathy, not just because of how fantastic it is.

She has the acclaim, the other girls have the sales

2 minutes ago, HEARTCORE said:

I realise that, that the album was borne almost entirely out of the truly horrific stuff that she went through. But you can't deny how fickle critics are - they all know that slandering the album would not look good. I'm not denying that it's a great album - it's absolutely fantastic and easily her best work. But some of this praise did come from a place of sympathy, not just because of how fantastic it is.

Kesha has been a critics darling since Cannibal though. They always had a soft spot her - and that was when she had no creative freedom. Rainbow is just an increase of this tendency and not a complete surprise. The critics would have easily panned her if she didn't change her style the way she did, no doubt about that. Nobody gives a good review out of sympathy lol, as little as nobody buys an album out of sympathy.

4 minutes ago, CUZ!CAN said:

She has the acclaim, the other girls have the sales

And while many of the other girls decreased in sales, Kesha made a step forward :)

On 3/6/2018 at 7:33 AM, Ascension said:

I was confused af reading the thread title because I thought it was about Mariah's Rainbow. I'll just go now.  :skull:

Same. :rip: Then I felt bad because I like Kesha and ha album, but my mind went to Mariah. 

It’s really NOT. Anti’s low scores only are from troll unculture white men who said Anti didn’t have any hits. It’s literally not about the music sucking or nothing, but they said it didn’t have any hits. Anti should be setting well at 80-82. But nevertheless Anti longevity and acclaim is far better than Rainbow, respectfully. Anti has influenced countless of artists. New and old artists are going on record talking about how it changed their lives. Anti also was the most successful album of 2017 in the US and it was released a whole year prior. Rihanna’s Grammy snub only made  Anti just that much better! 

6 minutes ago, SaneBeyhannaStan said:

It’s really NOT. Anti’s low scores only are from troll unculture white men who said Anti didn’t have any hits. It’s literally not about the music sucking or nothing, but they said it didn’t have any hits. Anti should be setting well at 80-82. But nevertheless Anti longevity and acclaim is far better than Rainbow, respectfully. Anti has influenced countless of artists. New and old artists are going on record talking about how it changed their lives. Anti also was the most successful album of 2017 in the US and it was released a whole year prior. Rihanna’s Grammy snub only made  Anti just that much better! 

We are talking about Metacritic here and it is a fact that Rainbow has a higher score than Anti there, regardless of whether you think that is justified or not. The question how successful Anti was is completely irrelevant in this case and contributes nothing to this thread, as well as the other things you mentioned. Stay on topic, please.

Because it's the better album