H100: God's Plan 6x #1, Psycho #2, The Middle #11

587 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, dussymob said:

Every metric is flawed so drop the debates. Radio is paid and pushed by label executives, streams are driven by maniac stans like y’all constantly repeating their car songs for chart points, there’s also been situations where labels bought multiple copies to boost an artist on iTunes. 

PS streams are also pushed by label executives, that’s what those playlist are for.

Agreed. 

21 minutes ago, dussymob said:

We’re not speaking about AAA and Rock stations either.

Correct sgsin.  Good job!

im strictly  a top 40 chick,

Notice I said top 40 and not pop.

24 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Correct sgsin.  Good job!

im strictly  a top 40 chick,

Notice I said top 40 and not pop.

That's Great Man!!!!

On 3/6/2018 at 9:07 PM, Mastamaind said:

I'm saying it's ageist. It's the same as racial segregation. The difference is that instead of telling the person that they can't use the same bathroom, you're telling them to stay in the past and that they can't be in the present. Take the word nostalgia, "sentimentality for the past", as if they're unable to deliver in the present. It doesn't help that in psychology nostalgia is described to yearn for mostly the happy moments ignoring the bad ones, so there's an undertone about the past not being that good to being with. It's like saying "people only love you for what you did a long time ago that wasn't even that good to being with". It's pejorative, and I repeat, ageist. In an industry that openly discriminates against acts as they get older, it's a term that is definitely associated with that. I'm not putting words in your mouth, you're using language that it's ageist.

On 3/6/2018 at 9:25 PM, iHype. said:

You compared me calling Bon Jovi a nostalgia act to segregation during the 1950s? Yeah... I'm not even gonna entertain this mess.

Ticket bundles are false popularity, and a good-selling tour does not indicate how popular someone's current music release is. Same stance towards Bon Jovi, Katy Perry, and any other artist who uses it regardless of age.

I'm dumbfounded...this is one of the most baffling similes I have ever come across in my life

so someone saying an artist/band is a nostalgia act is similar to a minority getting beat/hosed/dogged and having their spaces regulated/limited because of their skin? in what world?

at the end of the day, every act should know that at a certain point in their career, they are just not going to be at the top of the charts, they are phased out. Bon Jovi has been in the game for nearly 40 years and has achieved more than most of younger acts at the top of the charts...its ludicrous to get up in arms and cause a hissy fit because their music isn't in demand like it used to be...its also very selfish...they had their era, let the new wave have theirs

imagine if I got upset that an act like U2 can sellout tours like hotcakes and break all type of records, but one of my faves today can't even sell that much...I would be deemed foolish 

these senior fans stay trying it

On 3/7/2018 at 11:16 AM, iHype. said:

Weren't some of y'all saying this would go #1/top 3 like two weeks ago

He turned out to not be as interesting a personality as say, Uzi Vert or 6ix9ine whose other music wasn't all that great either. "Mine" is still a bop and it's being serviced to radio so I think it still has huge potential, but #1 is looking unlikely unless he really surprises.

5 hours ago, FAN said:

chances of Never Be The Same going Top 10 in two weeks? 

After the premier of the video, it’s likely, although she’s releasing on a Thursday which will hurt first week streams. 

13 hours ago, Sinister said:

I'm dumbfounded...this is one of the most baffling similes I have ever come across in my life

so someone saying an artist/band is a nostalgia act is similar to a minority getting beat/hosed/dogged and having their spaces regulated/limited because of their skin? in what world?

at the end of the day, every act should know that at a certain point in their career, they are just not going to be at the top of the charts, they are phased out. Bon Jovi has been in the game for nearly 40 years and has achieved more than most of younger acts at the top of the charts...its ludicrous to get up in arms and cause a hissy fit because their music isn't in demand like it used to be...its also very selfish...they had their era, let the new wave have theirs

imagine if I got upset that an act like U2 can sellout tours like hotcakes and break all type of records, but one of my faves today can't even sell that much...I would be deemed foolish 

Dude, you totally read that one post (not even well) and not the rest I made about the issue and didn't even get the point. The example I made was about bathroom usage, and I said segregation, not racism as a whole. In other words, to aid you with the reading comprehension, I'm not talking about the "getting beat/hosed/dogged" (and killed may I add) aspect of racism.

Segregation

1. the action or state of setting someone or something apart from others.

Straight out of the dictionary.

I'm talking about ageism, and just the act of qualifying someone older unable to be from the same group (any group) with younger people. I made a big illustration explaining how there are countless young acts with the same present success as Bon Jovi and iHype kept on denying it could be possible to be from the same group (current) as them.

That's segregation, based on age. Just like you just did in your "eloquent" post.

at the end of the day, every act should know that at a certain point in their career, they are just not going to be at the top of the charts, they are phased out.

That is to segregate and sounded ageist as ****, by the way.

You are segregating them by calling them "phased out" (just like the "nostalgia act" term). Older adults have to deal with all these adjectives younger people throw at them that remind them that they're not as valuable as people anymore, because what? Most of them are as healthy as you, they have the same capabilities as you, just because they don't look as someone you'd instantly **** doesn't mean they're less valuable.

Point in fact, their contributions to the world are much more important than a person that uploads a photo to Instagram and gets you and thousands of people thristing like unfed dogs. For starters, the technology you're using to write your ageist post was made by people older than thirty, your phone, the code for the webpages you're using, the OS you're using, browser, electricity, architecture for the building you're living in, all made by older people, 'cause there's no way people in their early 20s/late 10s came up with that (not saying they can't, tho, it's phrasing). Then why all the unwarranted cockiness to call them "phased out"? They, as people, are from the present just like you (please don't tell me this just refers to the music world, this language is used by lots of ageist young people who think they're everything just because they can easily get laid).

I never said Bon Jovi was smashing or from the hottest acts right now, I already said it but I'll repeat, they have about the same type of success as indie popular young acts from today, so why going out of your way to call them "phased out"? That is ageist.

Phase Out

1. an act or instance of phasing out; planned discontinuation or expiration.

So an insult. You're not clever by using other words to say the same thing since you're not the only ageist throwing these spiteful adjectives at older people. Are they discontinued or expired? Hell, they're more ****ing active than your ass glued to your phone.

You'll get to thirty, baby, it's coming (if you haven't already). Then forty, fifty and so on. It will come and I hope you remember how you called older people when you were younger, so bitch, sit down and be humble. 

I'm not even mad they don't have the success they had. I follow lots of older and young acts, bands, artists, groups and I'm happy when I get great music while I celebrate the great music of the past. I simply happen to respect them, and not be an ignorant idiot that throws hateful adjectives just 'cause they don't look like a model.

I made the differentiation before. I'm claiming they're current, not the most successful. Again, reading comprehension, there goes to prove that being young mainly has the advantages of being healthier and better looking, which can easily go away if you don't take care of yourself, so all this freaking out over here I see about going thirty would go away (or at least be much less) if you'd learn to be less superficial.

I bet you thought you were being clever with that passive-agressive third-person ageist jab at me. I'm not really a senior or old but if you think you can offend me with that even if I was, dude, you really need to learn a lot in life 'cause you're in for a real rude awakening in just a few years.

The 20s last a decade and if you ain't got a plan to feel good about yourself/realized/happy when your looks start to fade (goals, achievements, cultivation of the inside/self, development of talents, contributions to society/world, personality, intelligence, wisdom, usefulness, values, etc) and are too busy to take care of them, the struggle will be as real as it gets, so good luck. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Adele said:

not this shitto again, every time I open this thread is the same thing :rip: 

so Zedd going TOP 10 next week are basically 100%? :eatpopcorn:

Pray For Me overtaking All of the Stars finally :jonny5: now DIE!

:dies:

As long as God's Plan doesn't snatch Mariah and Bieber I'm good.. But that title though.. :/ maybe it's God's Plan that the record will be broken :x

This pissing contest to see who can develop the longest argument.

yall need to do better. I know the charts are boring again but this is just a mess.

the urban renaissance of 2004/5 had better top 10 material. There’s a huge lull right now. Sad!

5 hours ago, Enoch said:

Radio is for old ppl

streaming is for the youth

Some streaming hits nowadays make it to radio

The problem with radio is its very slow and very biased

How small of you? I’m old and I haven’t listened to radio in years. 

Streaming is similar to illegal downloading of the napster limewire kazaa era. Doesn’t mean that a younger generation still doesn’t use radio as a primary or secondary option.

4 hours ago, dussymob said:

Every metric is flawed so drop the debates. Radio is paid and pushed by label executives, streams are driven by maniac stans like y’all constantly repeating their car songs for chart points, there’s also been situations where labels bought multiple copies to boost an artist on iTunes. 

PS streams are also pushed by label executives, that’s what those playlist are for.

True. I laugh at people using radio payola as a tool. Anything that is made for profit is manipulated to a degree.

14 minutes ago, Meghallah Godnor said:

As long as God's Plan doesn't snatch Mariah and Bieber I'm good.. But that title though.. :/ maybe it's God's Plan that the record will be broken :x

Bieber tainted the record i dont mind drake going 17 weeks now

3 hours ago, dussymob said:

That's Great Man!!!!

:ahh:y’all are keeping this entertaining as the charts fall into a lull. I see you,

This thread was so painful to read through :deadbanana2: 

2 hours ago, Ari. said:

He turned out to not be as interesting a personality as say, Uzi Vert or 6ix9ine whose other music wasn't all that great either. "Mine" is still a bop and it's being serviced to radio so I think it still has huge potential, but #1 is looking unlikely unless he really surprises.

I’m a little confused by this. All that happened was the song surged on ODS (causing its quick rise), and now it has stabilized. It doesn’t have significant radio yet, but it’ll resume rising if it can get that. The place where it has plateaued on ODS doesn’t suggest #1, even with big radio support. It could go top 10, though.

the mess in here :skull:

I'm not a huge fan of bundles, especially since some artists report them in clumps to keep their albums charting.

The Bon Jovi thing coming out of nowhere is really wrong imo, I'm sure a fair majority of the people attending their tour are there for the old material and only downloaded the album because it came at no additional cost (I could be wrong I guess but anyway). I'd be here for bundles only counting in the debut week or something like that.

but at least it comes at the cost of having the soon to be biggest drop from #1.

This thread isnt fun anymore :noparty:

This thread. I uh suddenly can’t read.

2 hours ago, alexanderao said:

I’m a little confused by this. All that happened was the song surged on ODS (causing its quick rise), and now it has stabilized. It doesn’t have significant radio yet, but it’ll resume rising if it can get that. The place where it has plateaued on ODS doesn’t suggest #1, even with big radio support. It could go top 10, though.

I thought it would hit #1 because trend-wise, it's exactly where pop music is headed (amazing mixing, trippy urban-inspired videos, shorter length) before most of the major artists have caught on. Not due to any of its stats during its rise (besides when the meme was happening and I thought for a sec it could get Black Beatles'd)

Sams TGAG was still in top 10 itunes after 4 months of release. It was still also strong on streaming for months on end. Stop the lies about it only doing well on radio. That was just the slowest to pick up on it as per usual. Its had incredible longevity on all platforms actually.

Not pop culture moving on from dated old rock music being deemed as equivalent to Jim Crow laws. :deadbanana4:

9 hours ago, slw84 said:

:ahh:y’all are keeping this entertaining as the charts fall into a lull. I see you,

:eatpopcorn:

*looks at this thread*

suddenly, i can't read

4 hours ago, Communion said:

Not pop culture moving on from dated old rock music being deemed as equivalent to Jim Crow laws. :deadbanana4:

Look, that wasn't even the actual comparison I was making and I get how it might sound disparate. I never meant to equate racism to ageism. I did the segregation example with the bathroom usage as a means to illustrate my point. Comparing the timeframe of the younger and older as the "better" and "worse" bathroom and the benefits and disadvantages they have. Ageism is a real thing, not a recently made-up term. There's even laws to counteract it in various countries.

The real comparison wasn't to "pop culture moving on from dated rock music", since I was talking about their present efforts (that still have a significant reception) and the attempted erasure and disrespect to them and how this normalization of hatred is an issue (see how shady your post reads and how no one will likely bat an eye, that's normalization).

Ageism isn't as bad as racism, definitively, but it's an issue that shouldn't be overlooked and normalized.

People complaining about the essays are just as bad as the ones making them. It isn't their fault the charts are uninteresting (for them) right now and so they take it to writing pieces of text to pass the time. A good part of them is well formated and bring up nice arguments. As long as the conversation does not derail into personal insults, democracy exists for a reason.

I'm sure that when Simm posts a updated prediction we'll be back to normal... until someone talks about the weighting again. It's a natural circle and I'm used to it.