H100: God's Plan 6x #1, Psycho #2, The Middle #11

Renan90

This pissing contest to see who can develop the longest argument.

yall need to do better. I know the charts are boring again but this is just a mess.

the urban renaissance of 2004/5 had better top 10 material. There’s a huge lull right now. Sad!

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dussymob

• QueenofCopyPaste

• simmnfierzig

• Enoch

5 hours ago, Enoch said:

Radio is for old ppl

streaming is for the youth

Some streaming hits nowadays make it to radio

The problem with radio is its very slow and very biased

How small of you? I’m old and I haven’t listened to radio in years. 

Streaming is similar to illegal downloading of the napster limewire kazaa era. Doesn’t mean that a younger generation still doesn’t use radio as a primary or secondary option.

4 hours ago, dussymob said:

Every metric is flawed so drop the debates. Radio is paid and pushed by label executives, streams are driven by maniac stans like y’all constantly repeating their car songs for chart points, there’s also been situations where labels bought multiple copies to boost an artist on iTunes. 

PS streams are also pushed by label executives, that’s what those playlist are for.

True. I laugh at people using radio payola as a tool. Anything that is made for profit is manipulated to a degree.

Edited by slw84

14 minutes ago, Meghallah Godnor said:

As long as God's Plan doesn't snatch Mariah and Bieber I'm good.. But that title though.. :/ maybe it's God's Plan that the record will be broken :x

Bieber tainted the record i dont mind drake going 17 weeks now

3 hours ago, dussymob said:

That's Great Man!!!!

:ahh:y’all are keeping this entertaining as the charts fall into a lull. I see you,

2 hours ago, Ari. said:

He turned out to not be as interesting a personality as say, Uzi Vert or 6ix9ine whose other music wasn't all that great either. "Mine" is still a bop and it's being serviced to radio so I think it still has huge potential, but #1 is looking unlikely unless he really surprises.

I’m a little confused by this. All that happened was the song surged on ODS (causing its quick rise), and now it has stabilized. It doesn’t have significant radio yet, but it’ll resume rising if it can get that. The place where it has plateaued on ODS doesn’t suggest #1, even with big radio support. It could go top 10, though.

the mess in here :skull:

I'm not a huge fan of bundles, especially since some artists report them in clumps to keep their albums charting.

The Bon Jovi thing coming out of nowhere is really wrong imo, I'm sure a fair majority of the people attending their tour are there for the old material and only downloaded the album because it came at no additional cost (I could be wrong I guess but anyway). I'd be here for bundles only counting in the debut week or something like that.

but at least it comes at the cost of having the soon to be biggest drop from #1.

This thread isnt fun anymore :noparty:

This thread. I uh suddenly can’t read.

2 hours ago, alexanderao said:

I’m a little confused by this. All that happened was the song surged on ODS (causing its quick rise), and now it has stabilized. It doesn’t have significant radio yet, but it’ll resume rising if it can get that. The place where it has plateaued on ODS doesn’t suggest #1, even with big radio support. It could go top 10, though.

I thought it would hit #1 because trend-wise, it's exactly where pop music is headed (amazing mixing, trippy urban-inspired videos, shorter length) before most of the major artists have caught on. Not due to any of its stats during its rise (besides when the meme was happening and I thought for a sec it could get Black Beatles'd)

Sams TGAG was still in top 10 itunes after 4 months of release. It was still also strong on streaming for months on end. Stop the lies about it only doing well on radio. That was just the slowest to pick up on it as per usual. Its had incredible longevity on all platforms actually.

Not pop culture moving on from dated old rock music being deemed as equivalent to Jim Crow laws. :deadbanana4:

9 hours ago, slw84 said:

:ahh:y’all are keeping this entertaining as the charts fall into a lull. I see you,

:eatpopcorn:

• ATRL Moderator

*looks at this thread*

suddenly, i can't read

4 hours ago, Communion said:

Not pop culture moving on from dated old rock music being deemed as equivalent to Jim Crow laws. :deadbanana4:

Look, that wasn't even the actual comparison I was making and I get how it might sound disparate. I never meant to equate racism to ageism. I did the segregation example with the bathroom usage as a means to illustrate my point. Comparing the timeframe of the younger and older as the "better" and "worse" bathroom and the benefits and disadvantages they have. Ageism is a real thing, not a recently made-up term. There's even laws to counteract it in various countries.

The real comparison wasn't to "pop culture moving on from dated rock music", since I was talking about their present efforts (that still have a significant reception) and the attempted erasure and disrespect to them and how this normalization of hatred is an issue (see how shady your post reads and how no one will likely bat an eye, that's normalization).

Ageism isn't as bad as racism, definitively, but it's an issue that shouldn't be overlooked and normalized.

People complaining about the essays are just as bad as the ones making them. It isn't their fault the charts are uninteresting (for them) right now and so they take it to writing pieces of text to pass the time. A good part of them is well formated and bring up nice arguments. As long as the conversation does not derail into personal insults, democracy exists for a reason.

I'm sure that when Simm posts a updated prediction we'll be back to normal... until someone talks about the weighting again. It's a natural circle and I'm used to it.

12 hours ago, Mastamaind said:

Dude, you totally read that one post (not even well) and not the rest I made about the issue and didn't even get the point. The example I made was about bathroom usage, and I said segregation, not racism as a whole. In other words, to aid you with the reading comprehension, I'm not talking about the "getting beat/hosed/dogged" (and killed may I add) aspect of racism.

Segregation

1. the action or state of setting someone or something apart from others.

Straight out of the dictionary.

I'm talking about ageism, and just the act of qualifying someone older unable to be from the same group (any group) with younger people. I made a big illustration explaining how there are countless young acts with the same present success as Bon Jovi and iHype kept on denying it could be possible to be from the same group (current) as them.

That's segregation, based on age. Just like you just did in your "eloquent" post.

That is to segregate and sounded ageist as ****, by the way.

You are segregating them by calling them "phased out" (just like the "nostalgia act" term). Older adults have to deal with all these adjectives younger people throw at them that remind them that they're not as valuable as people anymore, because what? Most of them are as healthy as you, they have the same capabilities as you, just because they don't look as someone you'd instantly **** doesn't mean they're less valuable.

Point in fact, their contributions to the world are much more important than a person that uploads a photo to Instagram and gets you and thousands of people thristing like unfed dogs. For starters, the technology you're using to write your ageist post was made by people older than thirty, your phone, the code for the webpages you're using, the OS you're using, browser, electricity, architecture for the building you're living in, all made by older people, 'cause there's no way people in their early 20s/late 10s came up with that (not saying they can't, tho, it's phrasing). Then why all the unwarranted cockiness to call them "phased out"? They, as people, are from the present just like you (please don't tell me this just refers to the music world, this language is used by lots of ageist young people who think they're everything just because they can easily get laid).

I never said Bon Jovi was smashing or from the hottest acts right now, I already said it but I'll repeat, they have about the same type of success as indie popular young acts from today, so why going out of your way to call them "phased out"? That is ageist.

Phase Out

1. an act or instance of phasing out; planned discontinuation or expiration.

So an insult. You're not clever by using other words to say the same thing since you're not the only ageist throwing these spiteful adjectives at older people. Are they discontinued or expired? Hell, they're more ****ing active than your ass glued to your phone.

You'll get to thirty, baby, it's coming (if you haven't already). Then forty, fifty and so on. It will come and I hope you remember how you called older people when you were younger, so bitch, sit down and be humble. 

I'm not even mad they don't have the success they had. I follow lots of older and young acts, bands, artists, groups and I'm happy when I get great music while I celebrate the great music of the past. I simply happen to respect them, and not be an ignorant idiot that throws hateful adjectives just 'cause they don't look like a model.

I made the differentiation before. I'm claiming they're current, not the most successful. Again, reading comprehension, there goes to prove that being young mainly has the advantages of being healthier and better looking, which can easily go away if you don't take care of yourself, so all this freaking out over here I see about going thirty would go away (or at least be much less) if you'd learn to be less superficial.

I bet you thought you were being clever with that passive-agressive third-person ageist jab at me. I'm not really a senior or old but if you think you can offend me with that even if I was, dude, you really need to learn a lot in life 'cause you're in for a real rude awakening in just a few years.

The 20s last a decade and if you ain't got a plan to feel good about yourself/realized/happy when your looks start to fade (goals, achievements, cultivation of the inside/self, development of talents, contributions to society/world, personality, intelligence, wisdom, usefulness, values, etc) and are too busy to take care of them, the struggle will be as real as it gets, so good luck. 

I disagree with this entire post

Genre charts could be deemed "segregated" if you wanna use that term for it (still sounds hella weird), but the Hot 100 simply can't

Music trends come and go...that's how it's always been...Bon Jovi and other acts create music that just aren't popular today...deal with it...they've already amassed so much in their career so I don't see the problem

And in terms of me calling y'all old...I know I'm gonna be up there in age eventually...when I'm 40, I'm not going to be throwing a hissy fit if Bruno isn't getting #1 singles and complaining if his new music isn't very popular amongst the younger generations because he would have had his time and would be past his prime

The hot 100 was always a reflection of the younger crowd anyways

1 hour ago, Sinister said:

I disagree with this entire post

Genre charts could be deemed "segregated" if you wanna use that term for it (still sounds hella weird), but the Hot 100 simply can't

Music trends come and go...that's how it's always been...Bon Jovi and other acts create music that just aren't popular today...deal with it...they've already amassed so much in their career so I don't see the problem

And in terms of me calling y'all old...I know I'm gonna be up there in age eventually...when I'm 40, I'm not going to be throwing a hissy fit if Bruno isn't getting #1 singles and complaining if his new music isn't very popular amongst the younger generations because he would have had his time and would be past his prime

The hot 100 was always a reflection of the younger crowd anyways

I don't know what you're replying 'cause it isn't what I'm talking about.

Bon Jovi's album is #1, that's the charts from today, the ones "throwing a hissy fit" are the ones who disagree with that (if you check back in the thread) with demeaning ageist (for the 1000th time) language that seems normalized, I'm replying to that. 

Those are the ones who have to deal with it.

I don't know why, since I'm defending the band there's this weird attitude a couple have that categorize me as some offbeat fan negatively. Look, I have most of the tracks from the Top 10 in heavy rotation, and a good part of the Top 20, pretty much listen to a considerable amount of artists from the Top 40, etc, 'cause I like them so I'm not particularly "mad about the Hot 100". I just also happen to like older acts too (WOW!!!! IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE!??!?!?!?!) and lots and lots of different artists/acts/bands/groups.

Also, do you follow the charts since yesterday or something? Older people have impacted and topped the Hot 100 plenty of times. Older people chart too now! That's the problem with looking closer just at the Top 10 (which not only has people in their 20s, by the way).

So the ones who have to take a chill pill are you guys. Just 'cause I had the patience to try different avenues to explain my point to iHype (and they still didn't get it, you included) doesn't mean I'm so pissed I can't take it, but ageism, yeah, that's something to be pissed about.

If Bon Jovi's singles aren't having much impact for the Hot 100 or in other singles charts (still went #10 in AC), well, they're gonna have to try something different, as for the Billboard 200, they're #1 right now, get over it already.

Edited by Mastamaind

How is No Roots still not top 40 yet

sis sounds like a New Rules+Ghost hybrid

Edited by Enoch

Wtf :ahh: @Mastamaind better have every goddamn Bon Jovi cd, cassette, vinyl and been to all the tours for this argument. Segregation? Jesus!

3 minutes ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

Wtf :ahh: @Mastamaind better have every goddamn Bon Jovi cd, cassette, vinyl and been to all the tours for this argument. Segregation? Jesus!

4 hours ago, Mastamaind said:

Look, that wasn't even the actual comparison I was making and I get how it might sound disparate. I never meant to equate racism to ageism. I did the segregation example with the bathroom usage as a means to illustrate my point. Comparing the timeframe of the younger and older as the "better" and "worse" bathroom and the benefits and disadvantages they have. Ageism is a real thing, not a recently made-up term. There's even laws to counteract it in various countries.

The real comparison wasn't to "pop culture moving on from dated rock music", since I was talking about their present efforts (that still have a significant reception) and the attempted erasure and disrespect to them and how this normalization of hatred is an issue (see how shady your post reads and how no one will likely bat an eye, that's normalization).

Ageism isn't as bad as racism, definitively, but it's an issue that shouldn't be overlooked and normalized.

Edited by Mastamaind

Hot 100 hasn’t always been for younger crowd. Artist from the 60s was still scoring number ones in the 80s. This is proof y’all know nothing pre 2008. 

27 minutes ago, Mastamaind said:

You’re just tumbling around in your words at this point. You literally said it’s the same as “racial segregation”. Then you said you only meant bathroom segregation and not racism as a whole (???????). Now you’re saying that’s not the comparison you meant to make at all? But it was because you’ve posted and reposted it several times. Just because you’ve got a graph of what’s “more racist” over something else doesn’t negate it’s all racism.

All of this because you took @iHype. disagreeing with Billboard 200 rules as being “ageist”. All the while ignoring the example of Katy Perry. ‘Witness’ would have bombed even harder without tour bundles. Many people believe she shouldn’t have been #1 due to those bundles because, as mentioned to you, being able to sell out tours doesn’t absolutely mean you’re a hot, popular artist - which the BB200 sets itself onto. Especially when it’s an event like this where Black Panther (obviously the most popular and talked about project right now) is hindered continued success at the top, because of bundles that’s gonna make the album drop off the chart next week. Are those people sexist because they had arguments about Katy? Are we just applying social issues at random over a chart manipulation tactic? Wow wow wow is all I got to say.

tumblr_inline_nt780nGAa31ts1va1_500.gif

IDGAF seems to be stalling

Edited by Émotif Fool

2 hours ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

You’re just tumbling around in your words at this point. You literally said it’s the same as “racial segregation”. Then you said you only meant bathroom segregation and not racism as a whole (???????). Now you’re saying that’s not the comparison you meant to make at all? But it was because you’ve posted and reposted it several times. Just because you’ve got a graph of what’s “more racist” over something else doesn’t negate it’s all racism.

All of this because you took @iHype. disagreeing with Billboard 200 rules as being “ageist”. All the while ignoring the example of Katy Perry. ‘Witness’ would have bombed even harder without tour bundles. Many people believe she shouldn’t have been #1 due to those bundles because, as mentioned to you, being able to sell out tours doesn’t absolutely mean you’re a hot, popular artist - which the BB200 sets itself onto. Especially when it’s an event like this where Black Panther (obviously the most popular and talked about project right now) is hindered continued success at the top, because of bundles that’s gonna make the album drop off the chart next week. Are those people sexist because they had arguments about Katy? Are we just applying social issues at random over a chart manipulation tactic? Wow wow wow is all I got to say.

No, I tried different ways to explain something iHype couldn't grasp. I made that comparison but I elaborated, now you're just saying "oh you did comparison" without considering the rest that I wrote. It was an illustration since iHype just couldn't seem to get it. Now you're taking me out of context to further delegitimize the rest I wrote, do you want a cookie for that?

Everything started because I claimed the "nostalgia act" is demeaning which is true. Essentially, all you're trying to do is to discredit everything I said because of this (seemingly outrageous I admit) comparison which I clarified and is totally understandable if you read everything else I said so if you're gonna try to disprove me by strawmanning me and denying the real issue I'm talking about, ageism, try a proper response instead.

Do you follow the albums chat or what? If you don't have big hits at the moment, it's going to be more difficult to stay high up the charts. That's why albums by indie acts can debut high because of a loyal fanbase and then go to the lower echelons of the chart just like Bon Jovi (and probably sell consistently there with the aid of other type of hits that impact component charts), and that argument was to call them current, as recent indie acts, not, again, "the most successful".

I already explained what I think about the bundles, if you disagree with it, well, too bad.

Edited by Mastamaind

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.