H100: God's Plan 6x #1, Psycho #2, The Middle #11

Renan90

Truly sickening Spotify, AM and streaming in general have so much power in the Hot 100/charts :!ohno: ugh Radio should be the dominant format, I could see New Rules, Bad At Love in the top 5, How Long, Wolves, Let You Down being top 10 hits and even Finesse being #1! sad! :!ohno: oh well, millions and millions listening Top 40 radio/Hot AC/Rhythmic/Alternative etc... >>> Streaming Hot 100.

Edited by R!ck

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dussymob

• QueenofCopyPaste

• simmnfierzig

• Enoch

1 hour ago, R!ck said:

Truly sickening Spotify, AM and streaming in general have so much power in the Hot 100/charts :!ohno: ugh Radio should be the dominant format, I could see New Rules, Bad At Love in the top 5, How Long, Wolves, Let You Down being top 10 hits and even Finesse being #1! sad! :!ohno: oh well, millions and millions listening Top 40 radio/Hot AC/Rhythmic/Alternative etc... >>> Streaming Hot 100.

It's not ruining anything you're just upset that your faves do better on a format that the average consumer can't explicitly choose/buy what they listen to.

Edited by thedastardly

8 minutes ago, thedastardly said:

It's not ruining anything you're just upset that your faves do better on a format that average person can't explicitly choose/buy what they listen to.

11 hours ago, brianc33710 said:

I had a thread going that ranked songs based upon their performance handicapped by the 25/52 rule. I have UF and SOY very close for #1, Closer at #3, Despacito #4, and PRA at #5.

I plan to address 25/52 and two other issues related to this year's 60th Anniversary of the Hot 100 to better ensure its accuracy with Gary and Silvio. I don't think I've messaged them too recently, so hopefully they'll take time to read what I write. Normally they'll respond to me though.

I really need to bump the thread, since I still need help placing the other songs below it. WFL and STIUTN, not necessarily in that order, as #s 6 & 7, based on other factors that I'll discuss with them too.

if that's true then I'll hope for Shape of you.

UF is ok but meh

tumblr_mzdma0q6oJ1qd8zg3o4_250.gif

I wonder who's the top female. I'm assuming Rihanna's we found love

1 hour ago, thedastardly said:

It's not ruining anything you're just upset that your faves do better on a format that the average consumer can't explicitly choose/buy what they listen to.

exactly :deadbanana2: they would’ve been saying the exact opposite if pop was dominating streaming

4 hours ago, R!ck said:

Billions and billions of streams >>> forced, calculated radio programming you have no control over.

There’s always the ATRL 50 :heart2: 

1 hour ago, ChartsFan said:

But in the end it’s all good.  It’s those radio songs the general public knows and not the streamed songs.

Radio is for old ppl

streaming is for the youth

Some streaming hits nowadays make it to radio

The problem with radio is its very slow and very biased

Edited by Enoch

Why do we keep having these corny ass discussions over streaming and its weight on the charts every single week? Get over it :deadbanana: 

QueenofCopyPaste
2 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

Why do we keep having these corny ass discussions over streaming and its weight on the charts every single week? Get over it :deadbanana: 

That's ATRL for ya

:cm:

OT: Can't wait for Meghan's debut :duca:

44 minutes ago, FAN said:

chances of Never Be The Same going Top 10 in two weeks? 

whew, the biggest US reality show hitmaker this decade, yes?

1 hour ago, ChartsFan said:

One can just as easily change a radio dial as click off a forced playlist song.

And it will take them to another station with a forced playlist song. The only thing the listener decides on with radio is what 'playlist/station' they'll have to listen to, they can't stop/skip/choose a song on the fly. Its like if you went to a restaurant and what you ate depended on which meal out of 5 options they decided to serve you, only for them to turn around and say the dish they gave people the most was the most popular. How?

Bon Jovi :clap3: Annoying that Billboard allows this, but at least, this was earned by legends.

Every metric is flawed so drop the debates. Radio is paid and pushed by label executives, streams are driven by maniac stans like y’all constantly repeating their car songs for chart points, there’s also been situations where labels bought multiple copies to boost an artist on iTunes. 

PS streams are also pushed by label executives, that’s what those playlist are for.

not this shitto again, every time I open this thread is the same thing :rip: 

so Zedd going TOP 10 next week are basically 100%? :eatpopcorn:

Pray For Me overtaking All of the Stars finally :jonny5: now DIE!

4 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Proof please. And don’t single out one song, the issue is radio overall and not a particular song,

i csn can tell you as a former MD my station was never offered a cent by any label or artist to play a song,  nor did any label or artist buy ad time.

We’re not speaking about 3 decades ago.

2 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

You are correct. We are not. I worked over two decades before I made MD.

We’re not speaking about AAA and Rock stations either.

24 minutes ago, dussymob said:

Every metric is flawed so drop the debates. Radio is paid and pushed by label executives, streams are driven by maniac stans like y’all constantly repeating their car songs for chart points, there’s also been situations where labels bought multiple copies to boost an artist on iTunes. 

PS streams are also pushed by label executives, that’s what those playlist are for.

Agreed. 

24 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Correct sgsin.  Good job!

im strictly  a top 40 chick,

Notice I said top 40 and not pop.

That's Great Man!!!!

On 3/6/2018 at 9:07 PM, Mastamaind said:

I'm saying it's ageist. It's the same as racial segregation. The difference is that instead of telling the person that they can't use the same bathroom, you're telling them to stay in the past and that they can't be in the present. Take the word nostalgia, "sentimentality for the past", as if they're unable to deliver in the present. It doesn't help that in psychology nostalgia is described to yearn for mostly the happy moments ignoring the bad ones, so there's an undertone about the past not being that good to being with. It's like saying "people only love you for what you did a long time ago that wasn't even that good to being with". It's pejorative, and I repeat, ageist. In an industry that openly discriminates against acts as they get older, it's a term that is definitely associated with that. I'm not putting words in your mouth, you're using language that it's ageist.

On 3/6/2018 at 9:25 PM, iHype. said:

You compared me calling Bon Jovi a nostalgia act to segregation during the 1950s? Yeah... I'm not even gonna entertain this mess.

Ticket bundles are false popularity, and a good-selling tour does not indicate how popular someone's current music release is. Same stance towards Bon Jovi, Katy Perry, and any other artist who uses it regardless of age.

I'm dumbfounded...this is one of the most baffling similes I have ever come across in my life

so someone saying an artist/band is a nostalgia act is similar to a minority getting beat/hosed/dogged and having their spaces regulated/limited because of their skin? in what world?

at the end of the day, every act should know that at a certain point in their career, they are just not going to be at the top of the charts, they are phased out. Bon Jovi has been in the game for nearly 40 years and has achieved more than most of younger acts at the top of the charts...its ludicrous to get up in arms and cause a hissy fit because their music isn't in demand like it used to be...its also very selfish...they had their era, let the new wave have theirs

imagine if I got upset that an act like U2 can sellout tours like hotcakes and break all type of records, but one of my faves today can't even sell that much...I would be deemed foolish 

these senior fans stay trying it

On 3/7/2018 at 11:16 AM, iHype. said:

Weren't some of y'all saying this would go #1/top 3 like two weeks ago

He turned out to not be as interesting a personality as say, Uzi Vert or 6ix9ine whose other music wasn't all that great either. "Mine" is still a bop and it's being serviced to radio so I think it still has huge potential, but #1 is looking unlikely unless he really surprises.

5 hours ago, FAN said:

chances of Never Be The Same going Top 10 in two weeks? 

After the premier of the video, it’s likely, although she’s releasing on a Thursday which will hurt first week streams. 

13 hours ago, Sinister said:

I'm dumbfounded...this is one of the most baffling similes I have ever come across in my life

so someone saying an artist/band is a nostalgia act is similar to a minority getting beat/hosed/dogged and having their spaces regulated/limited because of their skin? in what world?

at the end of the day, every act should know that at a certain point in their career, they are just not going to be at the top of the charts, they are phased out. Bon Jovi has been in the game for nearly 40 years and has achieved more than most of younger acts at the top of the charts...its ludicrous to get up in arms and cause a hissy fit because their music isn't in demand like it used to be...its also very selfish...they had their era, let the new wave have theirs

imagine if I got upset that an act like U2 can sellout tours like hotcakes and break all type of records, but one of my faves today can't even sell that much...I would be deemed foolish 

Dude, you totally read that one post (not even well) and not the rest I made about the issue and didn't even get the point. The example I made was about bathroom usage, and I said segregation, not racism as a whole. In other words, to aid you with the reading comprehension, I'm not talking about the "getting beat/hosed/dogged" (and killed may I add) aspect of racism.

Segregation

1. the action or state of setting someone or something apart from others.

Straight out of the dictionary.

I'm talking about ageism, and just the act of qualifying someone older unable to be from the same group (any group) with younger people. I made a big illustration explaining how there are countless young acts with the same present success as Bon Jovi and iHype kept on denying it could be possible to be from the same group (current) as them.

That's segregation, based on age. Just like you just did in your "eloquent" post.

at the end of the day, every act should know that at a certain point in their career, they are just not going to be at the top of the charts, they are phased out.

That is to segregate and sounded ageist as ****, by the way.

You are segregating them by calling them "phased out" (just like the "nostalgia act" term). Older adults have to deal with all these adjectives younger people throw at them that remind them that they're not as valuable as people anymore, because what? Most of them are as healthy as you, they have the same capabilities as you, just because they don't look as someone you'd instantly **** doesn't mean they're less valuable.

Point in fact, their contributions to the world are much more important than a person that uploads a photo to Instagram and gets you and thousands of people thristing like unfed dogs. For starters, the technology you're using to write your ageist post was made by people older than thirty, your phone, the code for the webpages you're using, the OS you're using, browser, electricity, architecture for the building you're living in, all made by older people, 'cause there's no way people in their early 20s/late 10s came up with that (not saying they can't, tho, it's phrasing). Then why all the unwarranted cockiness to call them "phased out"? They, as people, are from the present just like you (please don't tell me this just refers to the music world, this language is used by lots of ageist young people who think they're everything just because they can easily get laid).

I never said Bon Jovi was smashing or from the hottest acts right now, I already said it but I'll repeat, they have about the same type of success as indie popular young acts from today, so why going out of your way to call them "phased out"? That is ageist.

Phase Out

1. an act or instance of phasing out; planned discontinuation or expiration.

So an insult. You're not clever by using other words to say the same thing since you're not the only ageist throwing these spiteful adjectives at older people. Are they discontinued or expired? Hell, they're more ****ing active than your ass glued to your phone.

You'll get to thirty, baby, it's coming (if you haven't already). Then forty, fifty and so on. It will come and I hope you remember how you called older people when you were younger, so bitch, sit down and be humble. 

I'm not even mad they don't have the success they had. I follow lots of older and young acts, bands, artists, groups and I'm happy when I get great music while I celebrate the great music of the past. I simply happen to respect them, and not be an ignorant idiot that throws hateful adjectives just 'cause they don't look like a model.

I made the differentiation before. I'm claiming they're current, not the most successful. Again, reading comprehension, there goes to prove that being young mainly has the advantages of being healthier and better looking, which can easily go away if you don't take care of yourself, so all this freaking out over here I see about going thirty would go away (or at least be much less) if you'd learn to be less superficial.

I bet you thought you were being clever with that passive-agressive third-person ageist jab at me. I'm not really a senior or old but if you think you can offend me with that even if I was, dude, you really need to learn a lot in life 'cause you're in for a real rude awakening in just a few years.

The 20s last a decade and if you ain't got a plan to feel good about yourself/realized/happy when your looks start to fade (goals, achievements, cultivation of the inside/self, development of talents, contributions to society/world, personality, intelligence, wisdom, usefulness, values, etc) and are too busy to take care of them, the struggle will be as real as it gets, so good luck. 

Edited by Mastamaind

3 hours ago, Mr. Adele said:

not this shitto again, every time I open this thread is the same thing :rip: 

so Zedd going TOP 10 next week are basically 100%? :eatpopcorn:

Pray For Me overtaking All of the Stars finally :jonny5: now DIE!

:dies:

QueenofCopyPaste

As long as God's Plan doesn't snatch Mariah and Bieber I'm good.. But that title though.. :/ maybe it's God's Plan that the record will be broken :x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.