Let's Spoon! (Season 8) | Winner: shelven

Element

5aR1EQH.png

Welcome to the eighth season of one of ATRL's biggest games -- Let's Spoon! 

The hiatus is OVER!

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Has anyone ever played the card game Spoons? This tournament is based on that card game.

In the traditional game of Spoons, you have players sitting around a table. In the middle of the tale, spread out, are spoons -- there is one less spoon than there are players. Multiple decks of playing cards are shuffled and given to one of the players. This player deals 4 cards to each of the players, and then begins the round by going through the rest of the deck, one card at a time. This first player can choose to keep the card from the deck, thus discarding one of his other 4 cards. He can also choose to not take this card, and pass it quickly to the next person on the table, who in turn passes it to the next person if he doesn't want it, and so on, and so forth. The players do this as fast as possible, and it keeps going and going and going. The game's intensity picks up as the cards start flying. Basically, the goal of the game is to be the first person at the table to get 4 cards of the same kind. Four aces, four kings, four sevens, etc. However, there is a second element that makes this game so intense. When somebody gets 4 cards of the same kind, they grab one of the spoons in the middle of the table. As soon as this happens, all of the other players must IMMEDIATELY grab a spoon as well. There will be one person who is not quick enough, and this person will not get a spoon. Thus, they will be eliminated from the game. This continues, round after round, until only 2 remain; then, there is a final face off.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

THE GAME!

This card game will be converted into an ATRL game! The overall concept is simple. You will compete in various challenges, and the first person to complete the challenge will be guaranteed a spot in the next round. After this person wins the challenge, the first spoon will be posted in the thread.

Once you see the "First Spoon" in the thread, all of the other players must post the word "spoon" in the thread. Pictures or other creative representations of the word "spoon" are acceptable, as well. Posting your spoon now becomes the only way to save yourself and advance to the next round. Similar to musical chairs, there will be one less "spoon" than there are players in the round, and the last player remaining without a "spoon" will be eliminated. If more than one player does not post "spoon" before the next challenge, all of them will be eliminated, or there will be a vote from the contestant who won the challenge. 

This game will require you to be an active player! If you are not active, there is a good chance that you will get eliminated early. The time of the challenges will be determined on a round-by-round basis, in order to accommodate people from different time zones throughout the world. 

The challenges will be LIVE. Remember, you want to be the first person to complete the challenge. You will also want to be aware of what is happening in the thread during the challenge period, because it could become a "spoon" war very quickly. Players who are a little slower/in a bad time zone will have until the next challenge (24 hours later) to post in the thread. However, there is a high possibility that all the spoons will be taken within an hour or two of the challenge being posted, especially after the first few rounds.

RULES!

Spoiler

1. Below is the policy regarding this game and bans from ATRL:

-If a competitor is banned between rounds, the next round will be a regular round, with the same number of eliminations as it was previously planned to have.
- If the competitor believes that he/she will win an appeal, he/she has until one hour before the scheduled challenge time to get the ban reversed. Otherwise, he/she will remain eliminated.
- If multiple competitors are banned between rounds, the next round is to have one fewer elimination than it was planned to have for every competitor that is banned after the first one.
- If this results in a non-elimination round, the round will either be held with an advantage for the winner, or it will be canceled and the regular schedule will resume the next day.

Example 1: alexanderao is banned in between Round 9 and Round 10. Round 10 was originally planned to be a double elimination round. It will still be a double elimination round. 
Example 2: shelven and Legend E are banned between Round 6 and Round 7. Round 7 was originally planned to be a double elimination round. Now, it will be a single elimination round.
Example 3: GotSkill and Marvin are banned between Round 14 and Round 15. Round 15 was originally planned to be a single elimination round. Now, it will either be a non-elimination round with an advantage for the winner or moved back to the next day (Element's choice).
Example 4: Due to Halloween, Witch_Privilege, gagacasanova, and Vapour are all banned between Round 8 and Round 9. Round 9 was originally planned to be a double elimination round. Now, it will either be a non-elimination round with an advantage for the winner or moved back to the next day (Element's choice).

2. If a challenge is not posted within 10 minutes of the scheduled time, Element has likely had an issue arise that requires him to be away from ATRL. Please remain in the thread for these 10 minutes for the challenge post. If the challenge is not posted within 10 minutes, Element will make an announcement regarding the postponement and rescheduling of the challenge. 

3. Contestants are not allowed to post fake first spoons in order to create paranoia and confusion. If a contestant purposefully trolls like this, they will receive a warning and disadvantage the first time, and will be removed from the game the second time.

4. If any issues regarding the procedure of the game arise, contestants are to deal with them directly with Element, recognizing the ATRL moderators' previously set standard that the host of a game has ultimate authority regarding the progress of said autonomous game. We will work towards a solution and compromise for such issues without unnecessary outside intervention. 

5. The rotating times are a privilege, and if a contestant has issues with the chosen time, they are asked to post their concerns in a respectful and rational manner. Sometimes a time will not work for you, but by signing up for this game, you need to recognize this and figure out a creative solution to avoid elimination. Almost everyone who signs up will assuredly have a round that is not convenient for them.

PAST SEASONS!

Season 1 ○ Winner: dimitrius
Season 2 ○ Winner: Sebas
Season 3 ○ Winner: Staryu
Season 4 ○ Winner: Remmy
Season 5 ○ Winner: alexanderao
Season 6 ○ Winner: Legend E

Season 7 ○ Winner: shelven

Mini Season ○ Winner: Sam

SIGN-UPS!

Sign-ups will close at 11:59 PM EST on Thursday, March 8, 2018. The first challenge will be held the next night, at 9 PM EST on Friday, March 9th!

By signing up, I acknowledge that I have read, understood, and will abide by the rules of Let's Spoon, which have been posted above. (Do not erase)

(continue)

party.gif

I am looking forward to a GREAT season!

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Element

• shelven

• Navyofbadgals

• alexanderao

The Cast

1. thecptz 
2. Fruity  
3. Wonderlust 
4. Staryu 
5. Queen Conchita 
6. Legend E  
7. Superpower  
8. Riri.  
9. Witch Privilege 
10. PoKiTaurus 
11. Sebas 
12. Bey_Rihstan 
13. rl231 
14. Xedretinz Lododnz  
15. minho  
16. shelven  
17. K$Ellie 
18. fiercE
19. Guero
20. alexanderao
21. Alena
22. Navyofbadgals
23. URBAN
24. Diarrhoea
25. RandomName

26. Sempiternal

27. Kylie Jenner

28. Loyalty

29. UFO

30. Wes

31. Henry

32. Brodie

33. Bloomers

34. EriKills

35. wesleywalrus

36. Rian.

37. Dylan'

38. Caprice

39. fleetfox

40. Lukey

(thanks to alexanderao for compiling this!)

Just now, Element said:

ooh yeah you beat me to them hehe

you got it :fan:

SIGN-UPS!

Sign-ups will close at 11:59 PM EST on Thursday, March 8, 2018. The first challenge will be held the next night, at 9 PM EST on Friday, March 9th!

By signing up, I acknowledge that I have read, understood, and will abide by the rules of Let's Spoon, which have been posted above. (Do not erase)

1. thecptz :fan:
(continue)

OMG :duca: Never played before am so hyped, I better not flop

SIGN-UPS!

2. Fruity :fan: 
(continue)

sign me up

Just now, Element said:

thank u bb

:heart2:

Just now,   said:

sign me up

why is ur name a space!!!

2. Fruity :fan: 
3.  :fan:
(continue)

oh hello spooners 

3.  :fan:
4. Staryu :fan:  
(continue)

oh my god its season 3 CHAMPION staryu!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Element said:

why is ur name a space!!!

idk :clap3:

i'm here to win fruit basket turnover :duca:

2 minutes ago, Element said:

oh my god its season 3 CHAMPION staryu!!!!!

So long ago :'(  I should be retired and just comment on the game with a headset on

Martin-Tyler-Sky-Sports-Football-Commentator-1.jpg 

1 minute ago, Dibbles said:

I am gonna skip a season, but very excited to see this play out :fan: 

aw why :'(

2 minutes ago, Dibbles said:

I am gonna skip a season, but very excited to see this play out :fan: 

see you in 2 years lkadjalksd

Just now, thecptz said:

aw why :'(

I am away a lot and need my sleep :emofish:

Spoiler

and the last two seasons were a mess for me :-*

3. Wonderlust :fan:
4. Staryu :fan:
5. Queen Conchita :fan:
(continue)

asdfghyngfsnggfb;

6. Legend E :fan: 
(continue)

6. Legend E :fan: 
7. Superpower :jonny5: 
(continue)

fun fact: a let's spoon season has never run through the months of march and april - this will be the first!

Just now, Element said:

fun fact: a let's spoon season has never run through the months of march and april - this will be the first!

I was thinking about you couple weeks ago, when Ellie released Vincent. Such a beautiful cover :jonny: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.