142 posts in this topic

Glo
3 hours ago, Pineapple said:

it will be 1 year since DW (single) will be released on march 11th! It's time :jonny: 

*2 years

Squall

Hopefully Pharrell doesn't ruin it. :doc: 

KeshusGrandeus
2 hours ago, Squall said:

Hopefully Pharrell doesn't ruin it. :doc: 

maybe it will be a collaboration of Pharrell and Max Martin in one song?

Pineapple
3 hours ago, Glo said:

*2 years

Mess, it's really been that long :skull: 

Iaintsorry
21 hours ago, katykater said:

Katy's team did that with the self-produced CDT and gambled all her money on the tour (and shared the risk with the venues). That was before she got a tour promoter.

Yeah....but why would Ariana do that when she can get promoters lol.

katykater
33 minutes ago, Iaintsorry said:

Yeah....but why would Ariana do that when she can get promoters lol.

The earlier someone signs a contract in the industry, the more they are ripped off and treated like employees paid by the hour while the promoter and other people run away with the money. Every pop girl can get promoters, but their bargaining power is limited when they have not much to show to the promoter and the promoter holds all the cards like access to venues, countries, markets,...

Katy did this to make a point that she doesn't need them and already toured the world. The promoters weren't negotiating with an unknown start-up, but an already proven brand that can perfectly function without them.

Iaintsorry
4 hours ago, katykater said:

The earlier someone signs a contract in the industry, the more they are ripped off and treated like employees paid by the hour while the promoter and other people run away with the money. Every pop girl can get promoters, but their bargaining power is limited when they have not much to show to the promoter and the promoter holds all the cards like access to venues, countries, markets,...

Katy did this to make a point that she doesn't need them and already toured the world. The promoters weren't negotiating with an unknown start-up, but an already proven brand that can perfectly function without them.

Exactly why It’s different for every artist though. What may be possible for one artist may not be possible for another. Ariana isn’t exactly a touring force yet.

LostInStereo100
13 hours ago, Glo said:

*2 years

Honestly it feels even longer. Like her later singles from album already feel like it’s been 2 years since they’ve been played on radio. I guess just Ari withdraw atm ?

katykater
8 hours ago, Iaintsorry said:

Exactly why It’s different for every artist though. What may be possible for one artist may not be possible for another. Ariana isn’t exactly a touring force yet.

The difference is in how the artists made the choices and what strategy they pick for their negotiations/contracting. Some chose for maximising independence and go to the negotiation table when they can easily say no and walk away. Some begged for a quick contract to milk their meteoric rise because they knew that it won't last for more than 2 years.

UFO

BiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiTch! :jonny:  :jonny2:  let me not get my hopes up too early and too much BUT she is definitely coming SOON

akdf'ljsalfjsapfsakfljsaklfalkfsd I'm not ****ing ready. the lead-up before Ariana's eras are always the best, good sis has me creaming over new music :bibliahh:  her and Lana are the only ones who have this kind of effect on me for some reason.

BGood2Me

Here for another 2 billion streamed album :clap3:

Caesar
20 hours ago, KeshusGrandeus said:

maybe it will be a collaboration of Pharrell and Max Martin in one song?

It's already been reported that Pharrell has done half and max did the other half

Iaintsorry
8 hours ago, katykater said:

The difference is in how the artists made the choices and what strategy they pick for their negotiations/contracting. Some chose for maximising independence and go to the negotiation table when they can easily say no and walk away. Some begged for a quick contract to milk their meteoric rise because they knew that it won't last for more than 2 years.

Yeah and not all artists can go independent with touring and I’m trying to imply I don’t think Ariana is enough of a touring force yet. 

Tattooed Heart

Im perchedT but we all know what happens when it's a "personal album":gaycat5: