Jump to content

Spoiled Drag Race | Discuss RuPaul's Drag Race Spoilers Here

8,109 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

5hfangurl

so is trinity confirmed for next week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5hfangurl

So is trinity confirmed for next week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hurem
On 2/4/2019 at 8:56 PM, That Bad Eartha said:

This whole "Trinity is winning because she slept with a producer tea" is beyond foolish and y'all know it. Even if she did actually sleep with the guy, there is no way the whole production team just went along with the guy saying "Trinity should win all of these challenges and the whole thing." I work in reality tv and so many people have their hands in production and post-production that one producer can't possibly singlehandedly rig the show no matter how high up they are.

Exactly. People coming here with fan fiction about how reality TV works without working on any show. :skull: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
getback
1 hour ago, 5hfangurl said:

So is trinity confirmed for next week?

yes, she won the most challenges and she has the most support from the fandom based on social media likes

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KylieistBoi
8 hours ago, 5hfangurl said:

So is trinity confirmed for next week?

She is a white queen with the most wins (none of which are deserved) so it is obviously going to be her. Especially if her opponent in the top 2 is Monet, who is the least favored queen right now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Claymore
1 hour ago, KylieistBoi said:

She is a white queen with the most wins (none of which are deserved) so it is obviously going to be her. Especially if her opponent in the top 2 is Monet, who is the least favored queen right now.  

You're so obnoxious :doc: lemme add you to that good ignore list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Afferty

How come Monet is top2 over Monique?

 

This is the real RIGGING.

 

Monet was literally BAD on 4 episodes (talent/snatch game/jersey justice/ last episode)

 

Monique only did bad at rusical and it was half bad. 

 

And they have equal wins. 

 

 

Dafuq? Can’t wait to see how they’ll bring justice to it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LoveLiveMusic

I don't understand this 'Trinity slept with a producer and will win' thing. Like, if you said Trinity slept with Ru would make more sense than

 

Producer: 'Hey so I slept with one of the contestants, can we make them win?'

Ru: 'K'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KylieistBoi
4 hours ago, LoveLiveMusic said:

I don't understand this 'Trinity slept with a producer and will win' thing. Like, if you said Trinity slept with Ru would make more sense than

  

 Producer: 'Hey so I slept with one of the contestants, can we make them win?'

 Ru: 'K'.

Pearl made top 3 by sleeping with a producer I don't know why it seems impossible to most of you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yosemite
5 hours ago, LoveLiveMusic said:

I don't understand this 'Trinity slept with a producer and will win' thing. Like, if you said Trinity slept with Ru would make more sense than

 

Producer: 'Hey so I slept with one of the contestants, can we make them win?'

Ru: 'K'.

Ru holds a good chunk of power but some people really don't understand how much production themselves plays a part in queen's performances. They will consistently f-ck up runways, performances, themes, queen's choices for challenges, even when certain girls undeniably win lip syncs they will choose the lipstick choice with the most drama that fits their preferable storyline, regardless of LS performance. They will push queens along the season to keep other girls in the game, they'll have judges throw out BS critiques to "justify" placements that were semi pre-determined, hell, they cast seasons with a top7 in mind from the jump.

 

S10s top 7/8 was planned to be Aquaria, Asia, Eureka (especially these 3) with Yuhua, Cracker, Vixen, and Monet rounding out the other 4; girls like Kalorie and Monique are purely for filler and bottom fodder if one of their girls gets in trouble. They also make choices so that they can keep their preferred winner looking top-notch even when they hit their biggest lows, just so during post-production they can edit them favorably to seem like they were still doing great throughout the season.

 

Example: Trinity arguably did the worst in the roast, she flubbed her set and had no jokes; Naomi and Val were 2nd worst but they didn't stutter through their sets. Yet, Trinity, wearing one of her worst runways all season (it wasn't terrible, but it is far from HER best) gets praised to high heavens on just her outfit alone. In Jersey Justice she had forgotten her name several times according to tea spillers, but that was edited out.

 

For Monet, in Snatch Game they replay her "talking to the wall" several times to make it seem like she was pulling a Jaidynn, when she wasn't. Yet when Trinity repeats her failing jokes, those are edited out. 

 

Girls like Naomi and Gia were objectively robbed of more wins, when even the CAST says Gia deserved top2 in Ep1 and that Naomi did incredible in Snatch Game & JJ (and even had her jokes edited out of JJ to make her seem like she was being saved by Manila when both were on par with each other) it's shady. Putting Naomi down to have Manila slay more and properly rewarding Monique is awkward when they do so to save Trinity's deserved bottom2/3 placement. Production does a lot, and it's more annoying than ever before when the editing and storylines this season have been the most blatant and obvious and yet more people seemed to have fallen into the false perspective of queen's performances.

 

It also sucks for the queens since any of them deserve the crown based on performances, they genuinely do. I would not be mad at a Trinity win if she hadn't been given so many passes and favorability this season. It reduces her talent and pushed equally deserving queens of color beneath her when in actuality girls like Monique and Manila have eclipsed her, but nobody that's just casually being strung along storylines would realize that without a second though.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FREE
2 hours ago, Yosemite said:

Ru holds a good chunk of power but some people really don't understand how much production themselves plays a part in queen's performances. They will consistently f-ck up runways, performances, themes, queen's choices for challenges, even when certain girls undeniably win lip syncs they will choose the lipstick choice with the most drama that fits their preferable storyline, regardless of LS performance. They will push queens along the season to keep other girls in the game, they'll have judges throw out BS critiques to "justify" placements that were semi pre-determined, hell, they cast seasons with a top7 in mind from the jump.

 

S10s top 7/8 was planned to be Aquaria, Asia, Eureka (especially these 3) with Yuhua, Cracker, Vixen, and Monet rounding out the other 4; girls like Kalorie and Monique are purely for filler and bottom fodder if one of their girls gets in trouble. They also make choices so that they can keep their preferred winner looking top-notch even when they hit their biggest lows, just so during post-production they can edit them favorably to seem like they were still doing great throughout the season.

 

Example: Trinity arguably did the worst in the roast, she flubbed her set and had no jokes; Naomi and Val were 2nd worst but they didn't stutter through their sets. Yet, Trinity, wearing one of her worst runways all season (it wasn't terrible, but it is far from HER best) gets praised to high heavens on just her outfit alone. In Jersey Justice she had forgotten her name several times according to tea spillers, but that was edited out.

 

For Monet, in Snatch Game they replay her "talking to the wall" several times to make it seem like she was pulling a Jaidynn, when she wasn't. Yet when Trinity repeats her failing jokes, those are edited out. 

 

Girls like Naomi and Gia were objectively robbed of more wins, when even the CAST says Gia deserved top2 in Ep1 and that Naomi did incredible in Snatch Game & JJ (and even had her jokes edited out of JJ to make her seem like she was being saved by Manila when both were on par with each other) it's shady. Putting Naomi down to have Manila slay more and properly rewarding Monique is awkward when they do so to save Trinity's deserved bottom2/3 placement. Production does a lot, and it's more annoying than ever before when the editing and storylines this season have been the most blatant and obvious and yet more people seemed to have fallen into the false perspective of queen's performances.

 

It also sucks for the queens since any of them deserve the crown based on performances, they genuinely do. I would not be mad at a Trinity win if she hadn't been given so many passes and favorability this season. It reduces her talent and pushed equally deserving queens of color beneath her when in actuality girls like Monique and Manila have eclipsed her, but nobody that's just casually being strung along storylines would realize that without a second though.

 

 

of course they edit a performance according to the outcome, are you dumb? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yosemite
8 minutes ago, FREE said:

of course they edit a performance according to the outcome, are you dumb? 

They buffer the outcome and over-edit to justify the already rigged placements. Are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lémur

I mean it's a reality show. They don't just sit back and let things happen and judge purely based on who does the best/worst. It's hard to deny that they have certain contestants in mind to go home early or to make it to the end. They're looking for storylines to exploit as the season goes on. In AS2 for instance they almost always had the bottom 2/3 be members of Rolaskatox except one and the lipsync winner be another Rolaskatox member, so they could exploit the storyline of their "alliance."

 

Or another good example would be Monique, when she didn't even land in the top for her cards dress and they included a confessional of her saying "Bitch it was stunning" and acting shocked. This set in motion a "Monique was robbed" storyline that they're still continuing even now. If it gets people talking it's good for the show.

 

Now I don't know if the Trinity sleeping with a producer tea is true but I will say it's pretty odd to me that they chose her as their winner from the start when she wasn't even very popular before this season. I'm not sure why they did that, whether it was a race thing or a sleeping-with-producer thing or if they just thought she was the best representative of the brand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That Bad Eartha

I feel like the Trinity thing is not that serious. The judging favoritism is there and a bit overdone, but her wins hold up. Episode 1 is her only win that is questionable to me and even though the cast thought Gia was robbed, Trinity's routine may have played better with the audience and the judges love that sort of humor. Snatch Game and Sex and the Kitty aren't even debatable as wins imo. As for the club, Monique and Monet were funnier than her or Latrice, but Club Hive was more original and Trinity and Latrice had stronger runways. And honestly, on a pure skill level, her makeover was more impressive than Monet's or Naomi's so even if you are firm that she didn't deserve one win, you could argue she deserved another.

 

I don't see how anyone thinks Monet or Naomi put in a Hall of Fame worthy season. I can see Naomi was overlooked a few times, but not so much that there is a version of AS4 where she had a winners track record. And Monet has one extremely questionable win (the makeover) and her other wins are wins that happened but aren't particularly memorable. Like what was Monet's big moment in AS4?

 

Other than Manila, I think the only queen who was truly robbed and could have been given a believable winner's edit this season is Monique. Her bottom in ep 2 was fairly random, the roast she was just in the bottom for game mechanics and she should have won over Monet in the makeover.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KylieistBoi

Variety Show - Gia and Manila

Snatch Game - Naomi and Manila 

Queens of Clubs - Manila and Latrice 

Sex and the Kitty Girl - Monique and Latrice (Trinity's outfit was just as horrible but at least Latrice was better in the challenge) 

 

tenor.gif?itemid=8728632

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Afferty

You know some people just live their lifes to oppose authority, and their opinions are usually meh 👎🏼

 

 

 

If Trinity didn’t get those wins, they would see her as the robbed queen of the season and shenwould be the new Shangela

 

 

 

 

and that’s the tea 

 

 

:celestial4: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Loyalty
9 minutes ago, hellocory said:

Did Trinity cancel at Roscoe's this week?

 

Both Trinity, and Monet are not going to be there :cupid:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
getback
3 hours ago, Dax said:

What does their cancellation mean? :thing:

that they are the top 2 :gaycat3: what else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yosemite
19 hours ago, Dax said:

What does their cancellation mean? :thing:

Probably so VH1 can film their 'top 2' reactions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ariesjow

Anyone notice how A'keria, Brooke, and Silky are featured the most in the mini-trailer? I guess WoW isn't trying to hide too much this season. 

 

Also, it feels kind of refreshing that the girls in the main thread are quickly spotting the strongest queens. I was nervous many of them would be drooling over Scarlet, but she's too much of a mess to even fool them this early on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
getback
2 hours ago, ariesjow said:

Anyone notice how A'keria, Brooke, and Silky are featured the most in the mini-trailer? I guess WoW isn't trying to hide too much this season. 

 

Also, it feels kind of refreshing that the girls in the main thread are quickly spotting the strongest queens. I was nervous many of them would be drooling over Scarlet, but she's too much of a mess to even fool them this early on.

not surprised tbh

this cast is pretty weak imo, so those who are stronger easily stand out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ariesjow
33 minutes ago, getback said:

not surprised tbh

this cast is pretty weak imo, so those who are stronger easily stand out

It is a very top-heavy cast. I bet Ariel will be the furthest WoW would go into this cast for future All Stars seasons and that will probably just be for drama.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites