Jump to content

Taylor Swift - "Delicate"

8,763 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Nick_317
3 minutes ago, DougAF said:

If delicate doesn’t go top 5 in the US, I’m moving since the GP at that point won’t have any good taste.

lbr It won't even go top 10

 

perxepm.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DougAF
7 minutes ago, Nick_317 said:

lbr It won't even go top 10

 

perxepm.gif

I’m holding out some hope for the GP. Let’s wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Holiest Dreams
1 hour ago, Burqa said:

Joseph usually posts pics that were shot in the same day as they were posted so I'm guessing it's for another video

He RT’d something about working with other people too so I think it’s for a show or something. Could be for another single though.

 

12 minutes ago, DougAF said:

If delicate doesn’t go top 5 in the US, I’m moving since the GP at that point won’t have any good taste.

Let’s be real... if it doesn’t go top 5 in the US, is it going top 5 anywhere else?

 

perxepm.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
taustin13

Definitely the best song on the album. Should have been the second official single.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Isaiah

Should’ve remained a fan favorite album track. I love this song but there’s nothing catchy about it and there’s no hook for radio/gp to get captured by this song 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DougAF
1 hour ago, Isaiah said:

Should’ve remained a fan favorite album track. I love this song but there’s nothing catchy about it and there’s no hook for radio/gp to get captured by this song 

I don’t know about that, the lyrics were stuck in my head from like the third listen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cherrychapstick

This has to go No. 1, or at least reach the Top 5. It's too good to flop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Can't_M!ss_This

I don’t think this is a good choice. I’ve listened to reputation all the way through maybe a dozen times and I can’t place this song at all. The melody doesn’t come to me. 

 

Okay so I went to listen. It’s good. But “Dress” sticks in the brain better. It’s always coming into my head out of the blue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
305
10 hours ago, Isaiah said:

Should’ve remained a fan favorite album track. I love this song but there’s nothing catchy about it and there’s no hook for radio/gp to get captured by this song 

Is this for real...it's literally the catchiest song on the album. The entire vibe just gets you in and the lyrics are simple yet effective

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TaylenaStan

#1496 on iTunes according to livepopbars, oh wow the smash is coming :duca:
Edit: #1323 now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Burqa
13 hours ago, Taylor. said:

He RT’d something about working with other people too so I think it’s for a show or something. Could be for another single though.

 

Let’s be real... if it doesn’t go top 5 in the US, is it going top 5 anywhere else?

 

perxepm.gif

But he knows we don't give a **** about his other projects does he

It's aready Top 3 of the album so we shouldn't worry

 

perxepm.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Burqa
11 hours ago, Isaiah said:

Should’ve remained a fan favorite album track. I love this song but there’s nothing catchy about it and there’s no hook for radio/gp to get captured by this song 

are you kidding me :skull: the "isn't it isn't it isn't it" post chorus is the catchiest moment of the entire album, probably only after LWYMMD's chorus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lady Claire
13 hours ago, Nick_317 said:

lbr It won't even go top 10

 

perxepm.gif

top 40*

 

perxepm.gif 

 

 

---

 

Do you guys actually think this will be a hit? lol

 

If End Game didn't smash nothing else will

 

perxepm.gif 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
By the Water

The video is coming way too early. If this flopped the video would at least give it a cute peak like End Game but the song has no airplay. I don't want this to be another one of her singles to miss the top 40.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TaylenaStan
6 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

top 40*

 

perxepm.gif 

 

 

---

 

Do you guys actually think this will be a hit? lol

 

If End Game didn't smash nothing else will

 

perxepm.gif 

I doubt this will go top 5, but top 20 maybe even top 10 yeah.. End Game didnt smash because the GP isnt here for 'dark' Taylor, Delicate sounds more like old Taylor so maybe the gp will be here for it (also Delicate is an 100 times better song)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lady Claire
Just now, TaylenaStan said:

I doubt this will go top 5, but top 20 maybe even top 10 yeah.. End Game didnt smash because the GP isnt here for 'dark' Taylor, Delicate sounds more like old Taylor so maybe the gp will be here for it

Tbh, i don't think she cares tho

 

She probably saw that a lot of stans loved the song and now she's releasing the video as a treat for us. I don't think her team will do anything for it (like promo, discount, heavy spotify/radio payola etc) and most of GP won't even care/know about it, so that's why i think it will flop too

 

But yeah, if we're lucky enough, the GP will randomly like this and make a legit organic hit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TaylenaStan
10 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

Tbh, i don't think she cares tho

 

She probably saw that a lot of stans loved the song and now she's releasing the video as a treat for us. I don't think her team will do anything for it (like promo, discount, heavy spotify/radio payola etc) and most of GP won't even care/know about it, so that's why i think it will flop too

 

But yeah, if we're lucky enough, the GP will randomly like this and make a legit organic hit

Yeah i agree, i have lost hope for any type of promo, so im already more than happy that she is debuting the Delicate MV at the iHeart Radio Music awards :rip:
Have hope tho that it'll do well on radio and provide some longevity..
btw where do you guys think it'll debut on the Hot100? I think probably around ~#40 unless the MV receives far more views from the US than End Game, because literally like only 10-15% of the first week views were from the US :rip:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nova_23

Thank god she's releasing a video early on in the song's run as opposed to just letting the single die and then trying to save it when everyone has moved on like she did with End Game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jaay

I would love the video to be something SIMPLE and RELATABLE which is where I think Taylor is missing it this era.

 

I would love it to just be a simple storyline of cute scenes in New York City with a new boy she is dating in the video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites