LTWYL becomes highest-certified single in RIAA history

istan4badgalriri

Love The Way You Lie by Eminem & Rihanna is now tied with JB's Baby as the highest-certified singles in RIAA history (12x Platinum). :clap3: 

Wow, Rihanna and Eminem’s combined force in 2010 was truly INSANE :clap3: 

Queen RIH :clap3: 

Spoiler

Now certify your own Diamond eligible songs too pls

Edited by KingB®

Columbia needs to update RITD, shouldn't it be 12x platinum too?

16 minutes ago, coddiecollins said:

Why baby is 12x ? How much did it sell?

4 million pure

2 minutes ago, thedastardly said:

I don't get it, so people like MJ, Whitney etc never did 12m+? Or is this something else?

Whitney and MJ’s singles closest to Diamond would be IWALY and Thriller, but other than that, singles didn’t really sell that much back then. 

5 minutes ago, umich said:

Whitney and MJ’s singles closest to Diamond would be IWALY and Thriller, but other than that, singles didn’t really sell that much back then. 

Hm, the more you know. The way ATRL acts about the Hot 100 + sales you'd think artists were swimming in pure sale diamond plaques  in the 90s.

13 minutes ago, thedastardly said:

I don't get it, so people like MJ, Whitney etc never did 12m+? Or is this something else?

Houston's best selling song in the U.S is 'I Will Always Love You' which has sold 4.4M+ units, and is the second biggest selling song of all-time in the U.S per physical copies sold behind Elton John's 'Candle In The Wind'.

If we add the additional 3M+ it has sold in digital sales it most certainly is eligible for Diamond status and has been for several years now.

Jackson's biggest selling song in the U.S is 'Thriller' followed by 'Billie Jean' which are also eligible for Diamond status.

Overall, this thread is about song certifications granted by the RIAA as requested by said artists label.

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

How is LTWYL suddenly trash :deadbanana: 

Y'all were certainly slayed when it came out

Ugh I hate gay people so much 

36 minutes ago, RomanNavy said:

How is LTWYL suddenly trash :deadbanana: 

Y'all were certainly slayed when it came out

Ugh I hate gay people so much 

So I’m not the only one who noticed the sudden switch up... :laugh: 

- But, Congrats to Em & Rih. :clap3: 

1 hour ago, thedastardly said:

Hm, the more you know. The way ATRL acts about the Hot 100 + sales you'd think artists were swimming in pure sale diamond plaques  in the 90s.

Album sales were replaced by streams which counts for both singles and albums. Obviously certifications for singles are now higher. 

Singles were way more pure promo to sell albums back then. 

And digital downloads are cheaper than physical singles too

Edited by simmnfierzig

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.