Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Gaga+ ASIB = Oscar or Razzie?

174 posts in this topic

This movie is Razzie bait in conception alone. A remake of a not so good movie that has had like 3 panned remakes already coupled with the fact that Gaga "is just a popstar trying to be an actress"? An Oscar is a pipe dream outside of the music.

It’s going to be Razzie bait, and not solely cause of her either. Frankly, the project was a mistake from conception and I think it is going to bomb tremendously.

Hopefully the music will be okay, but the movie most definitely will be a horrid mess and a half.

Impossible to say, I need a trailer or something to judge first.

Gaga is an easy target, so I wouldn't been surprised if she's gonna get Razzies nominations even with a decent performance.

Neither. It'll be around 60% on RT and the Oscars will snub her (as usual).

Neither, it'll probably a non-event.

However, the razzies like to nominate random big names regardless of their performance. So, if the film flops, I can see her getting a razzie nom even if her performance was praised overall. 

3 minutes ago, Martyr Of Fame said:

Neither, she won't even win Best Original song since Kendrick is snatching.

Paramedic! finna snatch :clap3:

I think the question is, is it gonna be bad in a good way (Showgirls), or in a bad way (Burlesque).

It won’t be in contention for any Oscars thats for sure. It’s looking more and more like it’s gonna end up being a razzie award winning movie. Glad Bey dropped this dud while she still had the chance.

Snub and its better than a razzie for something boring as ASIB, at this point in her career. If this movie was brought in after TFM. It would have been oscar worthy and would have had a big buzz around it. 

Edit: Its all upto her marketing and campain team, from both the movie and her camp. If they have enough resources and the quality is good, with good marketing on mass media, it may win her lots of noms and awards apart from the oscars.

The project is doomed to be ridiculed just based on what it is: a superfluous remake of a film and concept that's considered to already be a dead horse beaten into glue. Annnnd add to that the fact that it's yet another actor ~trying to direct (something that usually doesn't go over well) and yet another singer ~trying to act (something else that usually doesn't go over well), Oscar is out of the question even if the project is faultless just simply by virtue of the package, contents be damned. This is the type of situation the Razzie's live for so yeah...I think the best case scenario is tepid reviews and being forgotten as quickly as it's released and the chances of surprising great reception and success are really slim. 

31 minutes ago, Ascension said:

The project is doomed to be ridiculed just based on what it is: a superfluous remake of a film and concept that's considered to already be a dead horse beaten into glue. Annnnd add to that the fact that it's yet another actor ~trying to direct (something that usually doesn't go over well) and yet another singer ~trying to act (something else that usually doesn't go over well), Oscar is out of the question even if the project is faultless just simply by virtue of the package, contents be damned. This is the type of situation the Razzie's live for so yeah...I think the best case scenario is tepid reviews and being forgotten as quickly as it's released and the chances of surprising great reception and success are really slim. 

Came in here to say exactly this :skull: