Search for the Best Artist: (pg.133) FINALS: THE WINNER IS..

Xedretinz Lododnz

3 minutes ago, Kylie Jenner said:

This game is so confusing. We get to rank our own songs..? I thought we PMed them too

Not our own songs, of course

I PM'ed mine as well and got scolded :devil:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Xedretinz Lododnz

• Lukey

• Kylie Jenner

• Fruity

1. The Power Of Love
2. She Will Be Loved
3. Teenage Dream
4. The Way
5. Love On Top
6. Hate That I Love You
7. Paparazzi
8. Love Is A Suicide
9. Yes
10. Fico Assim Sem Você
11. 400 Lux
12. Victims
13. Bubblegum B*tch
14. (You Drive Me) Crazy
15. Whenever You Call
16. Crazy For You
17. Burn With You
18. Permanent Monday

Image result for shrug gif

Been listening to the songs and writing critiques all afternoon.

I'm giving a score out of 5 for personal enjoyment and a score out of 5 for how well it fits the challenge. I thought this was a great way to remain unbiased and also make sure I was judging based on the challenge and not just voting for my fave singers every week.

I'm intrigued to see how the final scores will be calculated considering that the judges are giving scores and the contestants are ranking

mxtthewdelrey

1 hour ago, Kylie Jenner said:

This game is so confusing. We get to rank our own songs..? I thought we PMed them too

you don't need  to include your songs on the ranking sis. I actually  posted it below the entries post

as for the PM thing, I've changed the instruction as well on the same post Sorry if  I didn't clarified it well :blush:

1. Paparazzi :cm:

2. Burn With You

3. Permanent Monday

4. Crazy For You

5. (You Drive Me) Crazy

6. 400 Lux

7. Hate That I Love You

8. Yes

9. Fico Assim Sem Voce

10. My Love Grows Deep Every Day

11. Victims

12. The Way

13. Teenage Dream

14. The Power Of Love

15. Love Is A Suicide

16. Whenever You Call

17. Bubblegum B!tch

18. Love On Top

19. She Will Be Loved

1 hour ago, Fa1x intelectual said:

Not our own songs, of course

I PM'ed mine as well and got scolded :devil:

nnn. does it feel like I scolded you? I'm too nice for that :gaycat4:

1 minute ago, mxtthewdelrey said:

@Xedretinz Lododnz do you want me to post critiques in the thread or send them to you?

just send it to me gurl in the PM :-* 

Just now, Xedretinz Lododnz said:

just send it to me gurl in the PM :-* 

I was just thinking that if I posted them in the thread then it would give people something to respond to :-* 

1 minute ago, mxtthewdelrey said:

I was just thinking that if I posted them in the thread then it would give people something to respond to :-* 

Good idea but I think it would also be good to give surprises too. :fan:

Actually, I already finished judging the entries and by the looks of it, I might say that  this was good round overall. Lots of high scores and perfect points from me :sats: :-* 

Edited by Xedretinz Lododnz

All of my scores are towards the higher end considering that I gave out half of the points based on how well your songs fit the challenge, and for the most part, everyone's songs fit the challenge perfectly considering that it's a pretty wide challenge (so I had to be more nit-picky with how well songs fit). I gave out three perfect 10s and nothing lower than a 5. 

I noted in a couple of people's reviews that I felt that this theme wasn't a good fit for the artist, even though in both cases I love the artist. But, I guess this game will essentially be finding the artist who is most versatile when it comes to having songs that are straight-up about different topics, so in that case, if I've marked songs down based on the fact they didn't fit a challenge that well, then it seems justified.

1. She Will Be Loved

2. Whenever You Call

3.The Power Of Love

4. The Way

5.Fico Assim Sem Voce

6. Love On Top

7. Hate That I Love You

8. Paparazzi

9. Crazy For You

10. Victims

11. Burn With You

12. Teenage Dream

13. Bubblegum B&tch

14. My Love Grows Deep Every Day

15.Yes

16. You Drive Me Crazy

17. Love Is A suicide

18. 400 Lux

#funfact  The Way, Teenage Dream, The Power Of Love never was rearranged on my list :gaycat5:  Top 3 and Bottom 5 were a struggle to find 

Edited by Speezy

1. She Will Be Loved

2. Crazy For You

3. Paparazzi

4. The Way

5. (You Drive Me) Crazy

6. The Power of Love

7. Permanent Monday

8. Fico Assim Sem Voce

9. Burn With You

10. Love On Top

11. Hate That I Love You

12. Love is a Suicide

13. Yes

14. Whenever You Call

15. 400 Lux

16. Victims

17. My Love Goes Deep Everyday

18. Bubblegum B!tch

1 hour ago, Kylie Jenner said:

1. Paparazzi :cm:

2. Burn With You

3. Permanent Monday

4. Crazy For You

5. (You Drive Me) Crazy

6. 400 Lux

7. Hate That I Love You

8. Yes

9. Fico Assim Sem Voce

11. Victims

12. The Way

13. Teenage Dream

14. The Power Of Love

15. Love Is A Suicide

16. Whenever You Call

17. Bubblegum B!tch

18. Love On Top

19. She Will Be Loved

Sis! Check your list again.

1 minute ago, KatyCatPH said:

my song is not even on the list. :deadbanana2:

3 minutes ago, KatyCatPH said:

did i do one twice??

1 minute ago, Kylie Jenner said:

did i do one twice??

You forgot one song! :jonny:

14 hours ago, Xedretinz Lododnz said:

Oh, is that so? :emofish: I hope you'll join the comeb ack round in the future. I would love to know more about lil micks :-* 

Yep haven’t had any reply from mods yet so didn’t get the notification for this either :ahh:

I’ll be back, if you ever need a guest judge i’m your woman :-*

3 hours ago, mxtthewdelrey said:

All of my scores are towards the higher end considering that I gave out half of the points based on how well your songs fit the challenge, and for the most part, everyone's songs fit the challenge perfectly considering that it's a pretty wide challenge (so I had to be more nit-picky with how well songs fit). I gave out three perfect 10s and nothing lower than a 5. 

I noted in a couple of people's reviews that I felt that this theme wasn't a good fit for the artist, even though in both cases I love the artist. But, I guess this game will essentially be finding the artist who is most versatile when it comes to having songs that are straight-up about different topics, so in that case, if I've marked songs down based on the fact they didn't fit a challenge that well, then it seems justified.

Ok since this probs applies to Love Is a Suicide let me defend my song choice for why its a great Love song. While yes in ideal world we all fall in love and live a long beautiful fairytale ending, that is almost never the case and LIAS perfectly captures a very sad side of Love.

The most difficult pain to go through is loving someone that doesn't love you back, that knows the power they have over you, and abuses you with said power.

• "You like your words to cut, you like to choose the best artillery" (indicates highly abusive lover)
  • "When I'm on the edge, you won't let me fall. Rope around the edge, but you won't take it off" (Shes on the edge, but he won't let her go...rude.)
  • "Take the bullet out again...say my name...hit me hard...put that gun right to my heart...bang" (she's being "shot in the heart" repeatedly aka her heart is repeatedly being broken by his actions aka the bullets)
  • she's going through all this yet..."No one'll love you like I love you...love is a suicide" (no pain greater than death, she's dying over and over, and the death is a suicide because its her actions/love that causing her heart to die over and over again)

It's not your typical happy go lucky love song-but don't limit your view on what a "love song" should be. Love Is A Suicide is a love song from a fresh, albeit sad perspective of someone madly in love, but in love with someone who in return only gives abuse and not love back.

48 minutes ago, Queen Conchita said:

Yep haven’t had any reply from mods yet so didn’t get the notification for this either :ahh:

I’ll be back, if you ever need a guest judge i’m your woman :-*

:'( *Pours one out while Touch plays in the background.

8 minutes ago, EriKills said:

Ok since this probs applies to Love Is a Suicide let me defend my song choice for why its a great Love song. While yes in ideal world we all fall in love and live a long beautiful fairytale ending, that is almost never the case and LIAS perfectly captures a very sad side of Love.

The most difficult pain to go through is loving someone that doesn't love you back, that knows the power they have over you, and abuses you with said power.

• "You like your words to cut, you like to choose the best artillery" (indicates highly abusive lover)
  • "When I'm on the edge, you won't let me fall. Rope around the edge, but you won't take it off" (Shes on the edge, but he won't let her go...rude.)
  • "Take the bullet out again...say my name...hit me hard...put that gun right to my heart...bang" (she's being "shot in the heart" repeatedly aka her heart is repeatedly being broken by his actions aka the bullets)
  • she's going through all this yet..."No one'll love you like I love you...love is a suicide" (no pain greater than death, she's dying over and over, and the death is a suicide because its her actions/love that causing her heart to die over and over again)

It's not your typical happy go lucky love song-but don't limit your view on what a "love song" should be. Love Is A Suicide is a love song from a fresh, albeit sad perspective of someone madly in love, but in love with someone who in return only gives abuse and not love back.

:'( *Pours one out while Touch plays in the background.

kii, wait for your review

mxtthewdelrey

16 minutes ago, mxtthewdelrey said:

kii, wait for your review

mxtthewdelrey

omg. 

my luv fa @mxtthewdelrey my luv fa ha issa suicide 

tumblr_n76rg7P7h81qdlh1io1_r1_400.gif

(my rankings coming soon :sats:)

Edited by EriKills

This season I wanna be so slayed by an artist that I've added them to my sig by the end. That's the aim.

mxtthewdelrey

Just now, mxtthewdelrey said:

This season I wanna be so slayed by an artist that I've added them to my sig by the end. That's the aim.

mxtthewdelrey

me reading your sig and seeing gaga isn't there already

GeWZUmb.gif

but you have bad taste so

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.