Billboard updates Lady Gaga's US sales

ViviLittleM

Here's an updated look at the superstar's U.S. sales, according to Nielsen Music.

Albums
The Fame, 4.79 million; Born This Way, 2.42 million; The Fame Monster (EP), 1.64 million; ARTPOP, 775,000; Cheek to Cheek (with Tony Bennett), 760,000; Joanne, 616,000; The Remix, 315,000; Born This Way: The Remix, 62,000; A Very Gaga Holiday, 45,000

Top-Selling Songs
"Poker Face," 7.5 million; "Just Dance" (feat. Colby O'Donis), 7.2 million; "Bad Romance," 5.8 million; "Born This Way," 4.2 million; "Paparazzi," 3.6 million; "Telephone" (feat. Beyonce), 3.5 million; "The Edge of Glory"

3 million; "Applause," 2.7 million; "LoveGame," 2.66 million; "Alejandro," 2.62 million; "You and I," 2.4 million; "Do What U Want" (feat. R. Kelly), 1.3 million; and (fittingly), "Million Reasons," 1.1 million

"Judas" is next in line to become Lady Gaga's next million-selling download, as it's currently within a nominal amount from the milestone.

Lady Gaga's U.S. totals stand at 10.7 (error in the total, real number: 11.4M) million albums sold and 56.2 million in digital song sales, as well as 2.6 billion on-demand song streams and 35.9 billion in cumulative airplay audience.

EDIT: they finally changed the total: Lady Gaga's U.S. totals stand at 11.46 million albums sold and 56.2 million in digital song sales, as well as 2.6 billion on-demand song streams and 35.9 billion in cumulative airplay audience.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8218920/-lady-gaga-sales-number-2-hot-100-hits-ed-sheeran-record-ask-billboard

Edited by ViviLittleM

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cryptique

• ViviLittleM

• Torturo

• TattooedDreams

OMG. :celestial4:

PF. 7.5M.. Mammoth :jonny5:

I'm actually shocked at how weak are her album sales in the U.S. TF(M) and BTW are her only albums doing more than 1M copies and TFM only being at 1.6M. I thought most of her sales came from the U.S.

Her singles did pretty good though :clap3:

I screamed at Artpop and Cheek To Cheek selling the same thing :deadbanana:

Edited by Erreur2 La Nature

Just now, Erreur2 La Nature said:

I'm actually shocked at how weak are her album sales in the U.S. TF(M) and BTW are her only albums doing more than 1M copies and TFM only being at 1.6M. I thought most of her sales came from the U.S.

Her singles did pretty good though :clap3:

I screamed at Artpop and Cheek To Cheek selling the same thing :deadbanana:

her album sales US:WWTotal ratio are approx 1:3 so most are from outside US. Globale, while singles are at 1:2.

1 minute ago, Cryptique said:

her album sales US:WWTotal ratio are approx 1:3 so most are from outside US. Globale, while singles are at 1:2.

:clap3:Global queen

Surprised Joanne hasn't outsold ARTPOP. I guess that has to do with general market decline partly.

Just now, Cryptique said:

I would have thought most of her album sales came from the US. It's surprising that TF(M) sold around 20M (I think) but only 25% of these sales are from the US. And I think BTW did around 10M but only 25% are from the US too.

That would mean Poker Face sold 22 million for example which is far from reality. US singles sales are usually 50% of the total ww at best. The US percentage is more often than not higher. Impressive first era stats for Gaga. TFM was HUGE.

I thought PF would be near 10 million by now. It seemed huge. Felt bigger than a few of Katy’s diamond single. Same with Bad Romance. Felt massive! Maybe it’s cause I’m from UK? 

Urgh, I wish pop girls still stayed like this :(

My global fav. Most of pop albums sales always come from outside the US

Eg Confessions on the dance floor

IASF

Loud 

Although ARTPOP should be higher. It was at 750k even way back in 2014.. so how it only 25k in 4 years 

Edited by avi

Just now, Erreur2 La Nature said:

I would have thought most of her album sales came from the US. It's surprising that TF(M) sold around 20M (I think) but only 25% of these sales are from the US. And I think BTW did around 10M but only 25% are from the US too.

TF(M) sold over 16M while TFM Ep is at ~2M . but yeah large sales from outside the US for TF and TFM Ep is also not available in most countries.. I also remember reading in UK Mix bout TF already selling big abroad with JD Smashing before it happened in the US.. Maybe that's why.

also BTW is at 7M..

2 minutes ago, pablozedd said:

The only shocker here is Born This Way (single) sales.. Or am I wrong? Last time I checked its US sales were at like 4,5M.. now it's almost 6M.

You're reading Bad Romance numbers, 4.2M for BTW

3 minutes ago, ChandlerBing said:

That would mean Poker Face sold 22 million for example which is far from reality. US singles sales are usually 50% of the total ww at best. The US percentage is more often than not higher. Impressive first era stats for Gaga. TFM was HUGE.

reread my post dear. I said her singles ratio are usually at 1:2 so using that 7.5M US and 15M WW. assuming 1:2 is correct

butterflysupreme
3 minutes ago, MARTYN said:

I thought PF would be near 10 million by now. It seemed huge. Felt bigger than a few of Katy’s diamond single. Same with Bad Romance. Felt massive! Maybe it’s cause I’m from UK? 

No song has even sold 9 million

4 minutes ago, pablozedd said:

The only shocker here is Born This Way (single) sales.. Or am I wrong? Last time I checked its US sales were at like 4,5M.. now it's almost 6M.

BTW Sinh is at 4.2M sales sis. 5.8M is for Bad Romance.

6 minutes ago, ChandlerBing said:

11m is SPS tho

reread my post dear. I said her singles ratio are usually at 1:2 so using that 7.5M US and 15M WW. assuming 1:2 is correct

Sorry, my mistake. I read it as US vs non US. Then you are correct.

3 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

You're reading Bad Romance numbers, 4.2M for BTW

mess.. BTW sales are kinda weak.. but whatevs it still slayed

7 minutes ago, MARTYN said:

no song sold 10M in the US.

PF - 7.5M pure sales, 10-11M SPS (US) and 16.2M pure sales, ~22M SPS (WW)

1 minute ago, ChandlerBing said:

Sorry, my mistake. I read it as US vs non US. Then you are correct.

forgiven.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.