Top Songs of 2010s after Adjustments for 25/52

brianc33710

After adjusting the charts to account for weeks lost by 25/52, these are the Top Songs of the 2010s. I'm only giving my estimated Top Five, so others please feel free to add or correct what I've done here.

1) Uptown Funk

2) Shape Of You

3) Closer

4) Despacito

5) Party Rock Anthem

After the Top Five, what comes next? We Found Love or Someone That I Used To Know, and not just by BB's estimates? Also, how about Blurred Lines, Happy, One Dance, and All About That Bass? There are others out there too.

2 minutes ago, Iaintsorry said:

What a tragic list

they are classics according to the GP, at least all of them are listenable, some are good and great

6) Shangri-La :clap3:

JoshSpears1805

What an awful list 

uptown funk is ok 

party rock anthem is a classic though 

the others are trash 

8 hours ago, selenachris said:

Whats 25/52

BB now forces singles into superrecurency after a song falls below #25 and has spent 52 weeks on the Hot 100. The change (will) cut UF and SOY short on H 100 chart weeks. 25/52 was not in place when PRA was on the Hot 100. It's last 16 weeks were bouncing around between 35 and 50. The four songs I listed above PRA all lost several chart weeks due to 25/52. 

1 hour ago, brianc33710 said:

BB now forces singles into superrecurency after a song falls below #25 and has spent 52 weeks on the Hot 100. The change (will) cut UF and SOY short on H 100 chart weeks. 25/52 was not in place when PRA was on the Hot 100. It's last 16 weeks were bouncing around between 35 and 50. The four songs I listed above PRA all lost several chart weeks due to 25/52. 

Oh true!

15 hours ago, selenachris said:

Oh true!

Yeah. Despacito made strong gains in sales, and decent gains in streams, in its 53rd week. But BB still removed it! I honestly couldn't get a clear answer from Silvio as to why that happened. He confused my question with one I had asked a couple of weeks earlier about the Top 5 RC songs having 2 straight wks of gains, and ranking within the T 50, but BB still keeping them RC. That's when he explained the "special/cultural event" rule was what BB went by. BB did let TSOS reenter the Rock Songs Chart at #6 in its 53rd week though, which is a notable exception to that chart's 5/52 rule. BB may realize that this song hasn't gone away yet, or else it wouldn't blow up every time it gets exposure.

Yeah. Despacito made strong gains in sales, and decent gains in streams, in its 53rd week. But BB still removed it! I honestly couldn't get a clear answer from Silvio as to why that happened. He confused my question with one I had asked a couple of weeks earlier about the Top 5 RC songs having 2 straight wks of gains, and ranking within the T 50, but BB still keeping them RC. That's when he explained the "special/cultural event" rule was what BB went by. BB did let TSOS reenter the Rock Songs Chart at #6 in its 53rd week though, which is a notable exception to that chart's 5/52 rule. BB may realize that this song hasn't gone away yet, or else it wouldn't blow up every time it gets exposure.

Yeah I think they should be fair with the rules I guess like SOY should be gone but its still Top 40 

4 minutes ago, selenachris said:

Yeah I think they should be fair with the rules I guess like SOY should be gone but its still Top 40 

I kind of think BB will change 25/52 to 20/52 next year due to SOY, and possibly 50/20 to 40/20.  BB actually had a 20/20 rule at the very beginning of the SS era, which they quickly changed to 40/20 and then 50/20. The more understandable 50/26 never came into being. :cries:  SOY may finally fall off this week though. We will see what happens on Tuesday.

Just now, brianc33710 said:

I kind of think BB will change 25/52 to 20/52 next year due to SOY, and possibly 50/20 to 40/20.  BB actually had a 20/20 rule at the very beginning of the SS era, which they quickly changed to 40/20 and then 50/20. The more understandable 50/26 never came to be. :cries:

Oh that is interesting. They should really do that, year old songs on the charts is very annoying, specially when they have been charting for a whole year. 

8 minutes ago, selenachris said:

Oh that is interesting. They should really do that, year old songs on the charts is very annoying, specially when they have been charting for a whole year. 

I actually think that the only RC rule should be 50/26/-4.  That means a song can't go RC until it falls below #50 after 26+ weeks, AND provided it's in its 4th straight week of decline.  As long as it's in the Top 50, it has all the time it wants to chart.  Of course, I would also change the rules to prevent 20 debuts on the Hot 100 from an album upon its release unless the songs can place on at least one airplay chart.  So Adele's Hello wouldn't have been forced off of the Hot 100 for 50/26/-4 because the onslaught of Drake and Beyonce debuts with no airplay (except 2-3 songs) wouldn't have happened.  Prince's posthumous debuts alone wouldn't have been enough to force Hello below 50. Hello should've wound up with 3-4 more weeks in the Top 40 and 4-6 more in the T 50/H 100.

On 23/02/2018 at 6:09 AM, brianc33710 said:

3) Closer

p79i2rfuj8e01.gif

2 minutes ago, lousaysthings said:

p79i2rfuj8e01.gif

Well, based on its chart performance, yep. SOY has the edge since like UF it has temporarily beat the 25/52 rule.  Closer was in the 30s in week 52, but it got all 52 weeks in the Top 40.

Uptown Funk (the real biggest hit of the decade) was robbed for that stupid rule  :shakeno: 

I actually think that the only RC rule should be 50/26/-4.  That means a song can't go RC until it falls below #50 after 26+ weeks, AND provided it's in its 4th straight week of decline.  As long as it's in the Top 50, it has all the time it wants to chart.  Of course, I would also change the rules to prevent 20 debuts on the Hot 100 from an album upon its release unless the songs can place on at least one airplay chart.  So Adele's Hello wouldn't have been forced off of the Hot 100 for 50/26/-4 because the onslaught of Drake and Beyonce debuts with no airplay (except 2-3 songs) wouldn't have happened.  Prince's posthumous debuts alone wouldn't have been enough to force Hello below 50. Hello should've wound up with 3-4 more weeks in the Top 40 and 4-6 more in the T 50/H 100.

Poor Hello. An iconic song

17 hours ago, selenachris said:

Poor Hello. An iconic song

Yeah. I actually wrote Silvio and Gary about possibly relaxing 50/20 for a couple of weeks due to the Prince, Beyonce, and Drake debuts. But obviously, that didn't happen. I think Hello would've climbed back into the Top 50 for a couple of weeks after the Prince/Beyonce/Drake songs fell off the Hot 100.

On 2/23/2018 at 1:32 AM, Jynx said:

No 'Hello' or 'We Found Love'?

Interesting.

I think We Found Love or Somebody That I Used To Know would be #6, and the other #7. Somebody also benefited from no 25/52, but for only 6 instead of 16 weeks.

Had Hello not gotten knocked out prematurely due to the Prince, Beyonce, and Drake songs that flooded the charts for three weeks, Hello would've been more of a competitor here.

If you were to factor in "Power Points," based on the song's certification level, Hello would rank higher too. I've mentioned this to Gary and Silvio, but I need to break it down better before the 60th annv Hot 100 comes out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.