Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Almost Home

'Black Panther' Remains Best Movie Of All Time By RT

Almost Home

That is the case though according to Rotten Tomatoes, at least at the moment. Black Panther currently holds the #1 spot on the top 100 movies of all time list, but it also holds the #1 spot in the top 100 action & adventure movies list.

If you look at either of these lists, you might notice that while Black Panther holds a lofty 97% rating, others below it hold higher ratings, with some even holding scores of 100%. Still, Black Panther comes out on top, and that is thanks to how Rotten Tomatoes defines their Adjusted Score. The Adjusted Score uses a specific formula that weighs in things like how many reviews a movie has. That formula is the reason why Black Panther, which has a 97% and 306 reviews comes out on top of something like Inside out, which has a higher 98% and 331 reviews.

Black Panther sits ahead of films like The Wizard of Oz, Get Out, Moonlight, and The Godfather on the all-time list, while it beats out films like Mad Max: Fury Road, Dunkirk, and Logan in the action and adventure category.

Source

Whew, ACCLAIM and SUCCESS :clap3: 

Kimi

Well, that's just waaay too much

Thinking Of You

I see nothing but the truth! Black excellence finally getting recognization  on a major scale:jonny5:

duybeeGAshantiGA

Is it really that good :o

Daylight

The best movie of all time? :rip: This is what happens when critics give nothing but perfect scores as a consequence of the fear of being attacked and harassed online if they don't.

duybeeGAshantiGA

Is it really that good :o

Almost Home
8 minutes ago, Nacht said:

The best movie of all time? :rip: This is what happens when critics give nothing but perfect scores as a consequence of the fear of being attacked and harassed online if they don't.

Except a lot of these critics didn't even give it ''perfect scores''. The movie holds a 8.2 average on RT per review (lower than ''The Dark Knight'' for example which is at 8.6 and many others). This is just based on adjusted RT score

jacklovesyou1

Hmm i wouldn't say it's the best movie of all time .. I'd agree with Imdb scores on this one tbh

zombaland
5 minutes ago, Nacht said:

Well you don't seem that bright, do you? Someone can give BP a 6/10, which would still correspond to a 100% on RottenTomatoes. Don't just jump to conclusion. Metacritic has it at 87, which is more representation of the weight the scores hold. 

Crueltivity

A goddamn hero movie is the best movie of all time? This nerd trend has gone too far

Crazy Lights

:clap3: 

Almost Home
1 minute ago, Crueltivity said:

A goddamn hero movie is the best movie of all time? This nerd trend has gone too far

''The Dark Knight'' and ''Spider-Man 2'' have been considered some of the best/if not the best movies of all time at a certain point in time. Both of those were released over a decade ago. Where do you live?! 

omrimayo

OK it's not but it's an amazing superhero film. 

Hyouka

i really enjoyed it but that's a reach

Brunette Ambition
6 minutes ago, Crueltivity said:

yeah, imagine having such a small movie horizon that you think a superhero marvel film is he best film ever. :rip:

UnusualBoy

Reaching with T-Rex arms.

Plastik

Yeah umm no

franklin

Obviously its not :rip: 

Still one of, if not the best super hero movie ever though :clap3: 

M-P-B

RT's adjusted score is a stupidity

Trent W

Its really good, but is not THAT good :biblio:

Like I said yesterday, the media these days evaluates content based in social justice. Not the actual quality anymore.

Lights and Waves

Yeah, um, hell to the **** no. It's an important cultural moment, but still a basic Marvel movie.

Trent W
3 minutes ago, franklin said:

Obviously its not :rip: 

Still one of, if not the best super hero movie ever though :clap3: 

It isn’t even the best Marvel superhero movie. Civil War was on the same level of good :skull:

I’m really happy black actors pulled this great success off and a GREAT quality movie, but calling it the best movie all time or best super hero movie all time seems over-exaggerating and SJW Pandering. 

Almost Home
5 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Its really good, but is not THAT good :biblio:

Like I said yesterday, the media these days evaluates content based in social justice. Not the actual quality anymore.

''The Dark Knight'' was easily padded by the death of one of the stars too but no one seems to mind including that movie nowadays. :fan:

Rev8

Grats

although I am on DC's side

Domination

I saw it last night. It was good but “good for a superhero movie.” Maybe on par with those Nolan Batman movies at best.