Jump to content
Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

RIAA: Highest Certified Females

364 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, slw84 said:

nah not top 5 but top 10 for Bey

top 6 for Britney 

Lol no Beyoncé has over 100 million units not certified 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, slw84 said:

nah not top 5 but top 10 for Bey

top 6 for Britney 

Beyoncé is the 7th best selling single artist of this century in the USA. She has tons of uncertified singles sales. From SL and Halo alone the uncertified singles sales would add 11m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, slw84 said:

nah not top 5 but top 10 for Bey

top 6 for Britney 

Top 3 for Bey for sure considering she's the second highest selling digital singles artist WW.

 

She's also top 3 Apple and Spotify streaming female artist in the US. 

 

Artists Ranking – Digital Singles Sales

The figures given here are units sold and EAS (equivalent album sales).

Please keep in mind that some artists are missing, because their analysis has not been done yet. The complete list is available here. All figures reflect the value as collected at the time of the artist’s respective articles.

1. Rihanna  251,130,000 units (37,670,000 EAS) (as of Nov 2017)
2. Beyoncé  166,890,000 units (25,033,000 EAS) (as of May 2018)
3. Eminem  157,350,000 units (23,603,000 EAS) (as of Aug 2016)
4. Taylor Swift  153,150,000 units (22,973,000 EAS) (as of Oct 2018)
5. Bruno Mars  149,490,000 units (22,423,000 EAS) (as of Oct 2017)
6. Drake  137,310,000 units (20,596,000 EAS) (as of Aug 2017)
7. Katy Perry  135,430,000 units (20,314,000 EAS) (as of Mar 2018)
8. Maroon 5  129,900,000 units (19,485,000 EAS) (as of Oct 2016)
9. Lady Gaga  121,950,000 units (18,293,000 EAS) (as of Mar 2018)
10. Justin Bieber  110,890,000 units (16,634,000 EAS) (as of Apr 2018)
11. Black Eyed Peas  103,960,000 units (15,594,000 EAS) (as of Aug 2017)
12. Justin Timberlake  102,090,000 units (15,314,000 EAS) (as of Feb 2018)
13. Adele  100,240,000 units (15,036,000 EAS) (as of Mar 2018)
14. Usher  93,610,000 units (14,041,000 EAS) (as of Sep 2017)
15. Coldplay  93,080,000 units (13,962,000 EAS) (as of Jun 2017)
16. Britney Spears  83,030,000 units (12,454,000 EAS) (as of Apr 2019)
17. P!nk  81,150,000 units (12,173,000 EAS) (as of Oct 2017)
18. Michael Jackson  79,930,000 units (11,990,000 EAS) (as of Sep 2017)
19. Ed Sheeran  78,330,000 units (11,749,000 EAS) (as of Oct 2018)
20. Linkin Park  73,710,000 units (11,056,000 EAS) (as of Jun 2017)
21. Miley Cyrus  70,300,000 units (10,545,000 EAS) (as of May 2017)
22. Christina Aguilera  69,950,000 units (10,493,000 EAS) (as of Mar 2017)
23. Kelly Clarkson  62,010,000 units (9,302,000 EAS) (as of May 2018)
24. Queen  58,370,000 units (8,755,000 EAS) (as of Oct 2017)
25. Alicia Keys  57,750,000 units (8,663,000 EAS) (as of Nov 2016)
26. Nickelback  57,280,000 units (8,592,000 EAS) (as of Jun 2017)
27. One Direction  57,000,000 units (8,550,000 EAS) (as of May 2017)
28. Shakira  56,350,000 units (8,452,000 EAS) (as of Jun 2018)
29. BTS  56,210,000 units (8,432,000 EAS) (as of May 2019)
30. Carrie Underwood  54,410,000 units (8,161,000 EAS) (as of Sep 2018)
31. Will.i.am  53,300,000 units (7,995,000 EAS) (as of Jul 2017)
32. Ariana Grande  51,250,000 units (7,688,000 EAS) (as of Jan 2019)
33. Mariah Carey  50,130,000 units (7,519,000 EAS) (as of Apr 2017)
34. Enrique Iglesias  50,110,000 units (7,517,000 EAS) (as of Sep 2016)
35. Rolling Stones  46,200,000 units (6,930,000 EAS) (as of Dec 2016)
36. Avril Lavigne  46,160,000 units (6,924,000 EAS) (as of Feb 2018)
37. Imagine Dragons  45,410,000 units (6,812,000 EAS) (as of Sep 2018)
38. Green Day  44,600,000 units (6,690,000 EAS) (as of Mar 2017)
39. Red Hot Chili Peppers  44,400,000 units (6,660,000 EAS) (as of Mar 2018)
40. Madonna  42,100,000 units (6,315,000 EAS) (as of Aug 2017)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Timber said:

Top 3 for Bey for sure considering she's the second highest selling digital singles artist WW.

 

She's also top 3 Apple and Spotify streaming female artist in the US. 

 

Artists Ranking – Digital Singles Sales

The figures given here are units sold and EAS (equivalent album sales).

Please keep in mind that some artists are missing, because their analysis has not been done yet. The complete list is available here. All figures reflect the value as collected at the time of the artist’s respective articles.

1. Rihanna  251,130,000 units (37,670,000 EAS) (as of Nov 2017)
2. Beyoncé  166,890,000 units (25,033,000 EAS) (as of May 2018)
3. Eminem  157,350,000 units (23,603,000 EAS) (as of Aug 2016)
4. Taylor Swift  153,150,000 units (22,973,000 EAS) (as of Oct 2018)
5. Bruno Mars  149,490,000 units (22,423,000 EAS) (as of Oct 2017)
6. Drake  137,310,000 units (20,596,000 EAS) (as of Aug 2017)
7. Katy Perry  135,430,000 units (20,314,000 EAS) (as of Mar 2018)
8. Maroon 5  129,900,000 units (19,485,000 EAS) (as of Oct 2016)
9. Lady Gaga  121,950,000 units (18,293,000 EAS) (as of Mar 2018)
10. Justin Bieber  110,890,000 units (16,634,000 EAS) (as of Apr 2018)
11. Black Eyed Peas  103,960,000 units (15,594,000 EAS) (as of Aug 2017)
12. Justin Timberlake  102,090,000 units (15,314,000 EAS) (as of Feb 2018)
13. Adele  100,240,000 units (15,036,000 EAS) (as of Mar 2018)
14. Usher  93,610,000 units (14,041,000 EAS) (as of Sep 2017)
15. Coldplay  93,080,000 units (13,962,000 EAS) (as of Jun 2017)
16. Britney Spears  83,030,000 units (12,454,000 EAS) (as of Apr 2019)
17. P!nk  81,150,000 units (12,173,000 EAS) (as of Oct 2017)
18. Michael Jackson  79,930,000 units (11,990,000 EAS) (as of Sep 2017)
19. Ed Sheeran  78,330,000 units (11,749,000 EAS) (as of Oct 2018)
20. Linkin Park  73,710,000 units (11,056,000 EAS) (as of Jun 2017)
21. Miley Cyrus  70,300,000 units (10,545,000 EAS) (as of May 2017)
22. Christina Aguilera  69,950,000 units (10,493,000 EAS) (as of Mar 2017)
23. Kelly Clarkson  62,010,000 units (9,302,000 EAS) (as of May 2018)
24. Queen  58,370,000 units (8,755,000 EAS) (as of Oct 2017)
25. Alicia Keys  57,750,000 units (8,663,000 EAS) (as of Nov 2016)
26. Nickelback  57,280,000 units (8,592,000 EAS) (as of Jun 2017)
27. One Direction  57,000,000 units (8,550,000 EAS) (as of May 2017)
28. Shakira  56,350,000 units (8,452,000 EAS) (as of Jun 2018)
29. BTS  56,210,000 units (8,432,000 EAS) (as of May 2019)
30. Carrie Underwood  54,410,000 units (8,161,000 EAS) (as of Sep 2018)
31. Will.i.am  53,300,000 units (7,995,000 EAS) (as of Jul 2017)
32. Ariana Grande  51,250,000 units (7,688,000 EAS) (as of Jan 2019)
33. Mariah Carey  50,130,000 units (7,519,000 EAS) (as of Apr 2017)
34. Enrique Iglesias  50,110,000 units (7,517,000 EAS) (as of Sep 2016)
35. Rolling Stones  46,200,000 units (6,930,000 EAS) (as of Dec 2016)
36. Avril Lavigne  46,160,000 units (6,924,000 EAS) (as of Feb 2018)
37. Imagine Dragons  45,410,000 units (6,812,000 EAS) (as of Sep 2018)
38. Green Day  44,600,000 units (6,690,000 EAS) (as of Mar 2017)
39. Red Hot Chili Peppers  44,400,000 units (6,660,000 EAS) (as of Mar 2018)
40. Madonna  42,100,000 units (6,315,000 EAS) (as of Aug 2017)

 

 

Are these for us only or are these ww 

1 hour ago, Scarface said:

Beyoncé is the 7th best selling single artist of this century in the USA. She has tons of uncertified singles sales. From SL and Halo alone the uncertified singles sales would add 11m.

Lol it still wouldn’t put her in the top 5 for the US.

2 hours ago, ThirdWardBey said:

Lol no Beyoncé has over 100 million units not certified 

Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dolce Vita said:

I need interscope to update the rest of Gaga’s certifications too, they did it recently for ASIB/Shallow so they need to follow suit

I feel as though almost everyone on this list has outdated certs but some more than others. I wonder what would happen if they just all decided to update as much as possible in the US of course since some like to merge ww and other stuff sometimes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, slw84 said:

Britney has 5-8m In under certified albums and over 30m in under certified singles  Bey and Gaga don't have it as bad

Beyoncé has substantially more than that still to certify. :skull:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iggy’s total is 24.5m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Twerk is certified Platinum now, that’s another one for Cardi. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OP updated.

Movements: Cardi B (16-15), Halsey (26-25)

Non-movers: Rihanna (200M units), Nicki Minaj (coming for Katy)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated. Halsey jumps two spots and is now 23rd.

Lady Gaga is a non-mover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two of the top five being completely irrelevant just goes to show how much sales don’t matter in the long run. It’s all about the impact you have. 

 

Rihanna 22m albums is killing me. Like girl, in what world?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites